Cup RACE thread --- Phoenix

Denny does admit he wrecked Ross on purpose. @50:00 min. mark.

I haven't listened yet, but if Denny admitted to intentionally wrecking him it would be much easier to penalize him.

I just don't see how nascar can't fine Denny for intentionally wrecking Ross. You don't even have to determine intent, he admitted to it. Bubba gets set out a race for it last year.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ross has had it coming for a long time. From many different drivers.
No point man. Ross was excused for the ****** driving by a lot of people last season. But hey better not do anything back to him or it’s horrible!

I would be interested in a little more context. There may have been a very recent event that triggered Hamlin to wreck Chastain, but I am not sure so this post will have a lot of if conditions.

If he still is shaking his head over what happened at Martinsville and working off the frustration I would think that it was unjustified.

Hamlin walled Chastain during the Pocono July 2022 race, and I agreed that Chastain had it coming at the time (in spite of doing it in front of the pack at a high-speed track) I think that should have cleaned the slate at that point, and if Chastain has raced Hamlin cleanly since then, I could not agree with a 2nd retaliation.

I understand there are rivalries, but in the grand sceme, the idea is to race the entire field. In spite of himself, Hamlin is a great driver, and his technical skills are as good as they get. IMO, there are times where just seems to be more focused on a fued than putting together an entire season.

^^ talk about incriminating evidence. Straight from the horses mouth. Hamlin goes into intricate detail describing his actions lol.

Section 4.4.B of the Cup Rule Book states that a competitor can be fined 25-50 points and/or fined $50,000-$100,000 for a series of violations that includes “Wrecking or spinning another vehicle, whether or not that vehicle is removed from Competition as a result.”

So Hamlin is a victim. Should we take up a collection for him now?
It was a general comment, not specifically targeting Hamlin. Note use of the word “them” … this thread seemed like a good place to post it.

If you had his money, you’d burn yours. A Gofundme won’t be necessary.

Indeed the precedent was set with the suspension of Bubba for a full race. If nascar wants the respect deserving of real sports (and not “wrestling on wheels”) they MUST suspend Hambone for a full race. He has been Teflon all his career for some unknown reason. Glad he told the truth on his podcast; glad he reportedly spoke with Ross and the weasel agreed to stop looking into the “past”, race each other from now going forward.

He still needs to be suspended.

It was a general comment, not specifically targeting Hamlin. Note use of the word “them” … this thread seemed like a good place to post it.

If you had his money, you’d burn yours. A Gofundme won’t be necessary.

I just want Larson to win one of these. It’ll eventually go his way at the end of one of these deals right?
Phoenix was on him. He spun his tires, and then overcooked 1, William did too, but didn't have to lift nearly as much.

5 has had ridiculous pace this year. But man oh man, Larson has some things to clean up. Cliff was coaching him through every single run in 2021 and has gone away from that.

4 was better, but there was no reason Larson should have lost that race Sunday. Spun his tires and that was sort of that. He nails restarts like 60% of the time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I love Mike giving it to the internet, he’s clearly at the “I don’t give a F*ck” portion of his career and I’m here for it.
I feel like that's just Mike being contemporary and having fun

I dig it.

Indeed the precedent was set with the suspension of Bubba for a full race. If nascar wants the respect deserving of real sports (and not “wrestling on wheels”) they MUST suspend Hambone for a full race. He has been Teflon all his career for some unknown reason. Glad he told the truth on his podcast; glad he reportedly spoke with Ross and the weasel agreed to stop looking into the “past”, race each other from now going forward.

He still needs to be suspended.
There are remarkably different circumstances.

Bubba right hooked a guy on the straight, and then attacked him.

Hamlin doored someone in a corner on a short track.

There are remarkably different circumstances.

Bubba right hooked a guy on the straight, and then attacked him.

Hamlin doored someone in a corner on a short track.

I get it but I thought we wanted consistency?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oh, Nascar will do something about it if it gets as crazy as Edwards/Keselowski. Right now it's good for business. With Sr, they had a blind eye, it filled the stands, they even publicized it. My problem with Hamlin is he looked like an idiot compared to how Sr. did it. No class. They let Harv and Elliott go at it last year. At least that had genuine story lines and action to it. Ross was just driving along, he wasn't even racing Hamlin. Ross had 4 fresh ones to Hamlin's 2 tires and Hamlin was a sitting duck.. Out of nowhere without any warning Hamlin sucker punches Ross when Ross was going to pass him.

Back
Top Bottom