Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 2

Possibility of weather moving in.

BTW, is Kevin the only one actually starting in his q'ing spot? ROTFL
Wow that’s incredibly stupid they had the whole damn early afternoon to start this race. If they had started at 12PM central time (like they used to) weather wouldn’t even be an issue.

Reactions: Bob
One would think that after all this time, Chad Knaus could present a car for inspection and have it actually pass.

And green at the tricky triangle

That the networks pay for this so they tell NASCAR when to start.
I know that...I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with the typical smug post and not even quoting my post. Just because it’s a “fiscal reality” doesn’t make it smart. The fans in attendance waiting the whole day, traveled in some instances and now they had to start earlier for a weather issue that wouldn’t even be an issue if they didn’t wait around. People in attendance should get an opportunity to view the full race, is it so wrong to ask the teflon TV Network to maybe just maybe take that into account when they decide start times.

48 moving up send like he might have a good car, hope they can maintain it

Well the #2 team has some MTJ adversity today
Not his home track through so it doesn’t rank very high on the Adversity Scale. As far as playoff implications not very high either since he has a few wins.

I know that...I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with the typical smug post and not even quoting my post. Just because it’s a “fiscal reality” doesn’t make it smart. The fans in attendance waiting the whole day, traveled in some instances and now they had to start earlier for a weather issue that wouldn’t even be an issue if they didn’t wait around. People in attendance should get an opportunity to view the full race, is it so wrong to ask the teflon TV Network to maybe just maybe take that into account when they decide start times.
I wasn’t aware that quoting you was a requirement prior to hitting send on one of my smug posts.

I wasn’t aware that quoting you was a rewuirement prior to hitting send on one of my smug posts.
Well if you wantedto engage or have a discussion I was more than willing. I assumed you were responding to my post that you disagreed with because I disagreed with the start time today

I know that...I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with the typical smug post and not even quoting my post. Just because it’s a “fiscal reality” doesn’t make it smart. The fans in attendance waiting the whole day, traveled in some instances and now they had to start earlier for a weather issue that wouldn’t even be an issue if they didn’t wait around. People in attendance should get an opportunity to view the full race, is it so wrong to ask the holier than thou TV Network to maybe just maybe take that into account when they decide start times.
And how far in advance would you have announced this change? That day? If it takes me four hours to get there and I leave the house at 9:30, you've screwed me. If you announce it earlier, the weather may turn out to be great and you've inconvenienced a bunch of people for nothing.

There's no way to predict race day weather early enough to make effective changes AND publicize them.

EDIT: sorry, TRL, I was already typing.

And how far in advance would you have announced this change? That day? If it takes me four hours to get there and I leave the house at 9:30, you've screwed me. If you announce it earlier, the weather may turn out to be great and you've inconvenienced a bunch of people for nothing.

There's no way to predict race day weather early enough to make effective changes AND publicize them.
No no what I was meaning was it just seems they’ve had various issues with weather the last few years or so...would it be that terrible of an idea to investigate rainouts/weather delays when they started at 12pm central time vs when they decided to change it....for future years start times?

Don’t know why they thought having turn announcers at Pocono was a good idea.
They’ve done this before and at The Glen too. It doesn’t bother me much takes some getting used to for me personally. Is Steve in the booth or in a turn?

Wow that’s incredibly stupid they had the whole damn early afternoon to start this race. If they had started at 12PM central time (like they used to) weather wouldn’t even be an issue.
They werent calling for rain today, a shower popped up and started moving towards the track an hour before the start. Its actually a good call by NASCAR

They werent calling for rain today, a shower popped up and started moving towards the track an hour before the start. Its actually a good call by NASCAR
Is rain still expected, I should check that link you gave us for weather

It’s everyones favorite commercial....”like you do Grandpa?”

Back
Top Bottom