Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 2

Switchback

Team Owner
They didn't gamble. They've won here 5 times and it was strategy.
If a caution comes out at any point in the extra 15-20 or whatever extra laps he ran before pitting, he's finishing mid pack. That was a gamble. It gave them clean air while the 4 was in traffic, it worked like a charm.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
Rick Allen will be gracing us with his presence from now until November. Talk about the Sunday Night Scaries

KodiakRusty89

Team Owner
Nobody asked for a Pocono double header and I can say that experiment flopped
The ticket sales and camping sales were excellent. I thought the truck and xfinity races were really good with the cup events being solid. It will be back next year with likely some time adjustments imo.....

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
The first gerbil would have said this and the other two would have spent the rest of the race convinced the first one was right

Kiante

Team Owner
The next races are Indy, Kentucky, Texas, Kansas, NHIS and Michigan. I sense a lot of complaining in the coming weeks. I personally likely different/unique tracks and am glad to have live racing....
I think it was great to have all this racing packed into one weekend.

No complaints and honestly I'm the same way, all of the different tracks make it fun. I personally love the concept of Kentucky, but it's not the best place for Cup races. The truck and Xfinity series put on good shows there.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
I enjoyed the Pocono’s double header, hope it comes back again

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Well, we found Denny's one fan on the board lol

It was CLEARLY a gamble. Acknowledging it doesn't take away from the team effort.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Does a Denny fair weather fan count? I love him when he wins.

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Kevin Harvick is a badass driver. Yeah, I said that. Not a great track for him, but he had a great weekend. The favorite to win it all at the moment. Remember, we finish this thing in Phoenix with a package Kevin loves there.

jaqua19

Team Owner
He is having the best bad season I can think of. If not for Blaney today, he is in the mix.
Smithley. Actually. His spotter even said it was because of Smithley causing Kyle to check up, and Blaney had a run.

People are quick to blame Blaney here, but the issue, as the graphic indicated, was that there were 3 cars in two lanes. Blaney had a run and made a move, assuming Smithly was giving them both room. According to Kyle's CC, he didn't, causing Kyle to check up, and Blaney ran into him. Kyle's frustration was towards Smithley, who he has had issues with before. Not Ryan.

Clutch

Team Owner
Smithley. Actually. His spotter even said it was because of Smithley causing Kyle to check up, and Blaney had a run.

People are quick to blame Blaney here, but the issue, as the graphic indicated, was that there were 3 cars in two lanes. Blaney had a run and made a move, assuming Smithly was giving them both room. According to Kyle's CC, he didn't, causing Kyle to check up, and Blaney ran into him. Kyle's frustration was towards Smithley, who he has had issues with before. Not Ryan.

We have seen the footage, Blaney.

Top Bottom