Cup RACE thread -- Pocono

You always say "he isnt relevant".. and no, he didnt compare him to Kyle. He said good job for willing an underperforming team to 8th place..YOU made the Kyle comparison. Would you like me to point out these posts?
You don’t need to point out anything he’s A.) The most honest guy on the board B.) We all say what we want to say anyway C.) His guy had the freshest tires but couldn’t pass 2 other guys with older tires

You don’t need to point out anything he’s A.) The most honest guy on the board B.) We all say what we want to say anyway C.) His guy had the freshest tires but couldn’t pass 2 other guys with older tires

I genuinly enjoy his posting. He reminds me of a friend I used to work with, and I would make it my mission to get a reaction from him and make him laugh on the clock. Cause it was easy, but in good taste. I really wonder if thegeneral is doing the same thing and is ultimately just running with this ridiculous trolling persona. Its fun lol

I genuinly enjoy his posting. He reminds me of a friend I used to work with, and I would make it my mission to get a reaction from him and make him laugh on the clock. Cause it was easy, but in good taste. I really wonder if thegeneral is doing the same thing and is ultimately just running with this ridiculous trolling persona. Its fun lol
Lmao I feel the same way. I think he’s doing a bit

You always say "he isnt relevant".. and no, he didnt compare him to Kyle. He said good job for willing an underperforming team to 8th place..YOU made the Kyle comparison. Would you like me to point out these posts?
He said Jimmie wheeled it and Kyle lost it what are u talking bout ?

I’m wondering about the way they lined up on the last restart. Seems like the 18 should have been lined up on the outside. That may have changed things.

New? If 20 years is new ;)

You miss understand my point. There has been a dominant car. Gordon, Stewart, Johnson.

My point is that during Johnson's reign of terror, he was never THE fastest car every week. 2008 Carl had the most speed that year. Was never fastest every week. 2005, it was Stewart. Never was the fastest each week. 2010 was Harvick and Hamlin, they were never 1-2 every week. Etc.

There were 5-10+ races a year where the dominant car on the season ran 6-10.

That hardly happens now. The dominant cars on the year could win each week. Wasnt like that 10 years ago. Week-to-week, there was more parity without a doubt.
I dont even know what this means but ok.

I saw KDB pass Harvick, Harvick passed Kyle back, and Kez getting passed out of the lead when he was on a different strategy, I think the rest of the passes were during pit stops

That hardly happens now. The dominant cars on the year could win each week. Wasnt like that 10 years ago. Week-to-week, there was more parity without a doubt.

I think this is largely true, and it is borne out by statistics as well. Making the observation is one thing, believing 'something' should be done about it is another. There are likely multiple factors in play. One is that in the low downforce era, the cars are more difficult and less forgiving to drive and set up than they have been for decades. The results are more purely merit-based than they have been for quite some time. At the very top of most forms of racing and sport, there are usually a few competitors who are simply better than everyone else at that time. Same with team execution in a team sport like auto racing.

Parity isn't something that exists in the natural order. It can be created. The question is to what degree you believe parity in results should be enforced on a field of unequal competitors.

I saw KDB pass Harvick, Harvick passed Kyle back, and Kez getting passed out of the lead when he was on a different strategy, I think the rest of the passes were during pit stops

forgot Blaney who started the race and was passed

Kyle had about a 3rd place car so it balanced out. As far as Kyle loosing it, some people are clearly picking on his fans because it gets a reaction haha.

Nothing personal from me man, I love giving you a hard time

Like a bunch of fanatics handing out tracts. "The Kyle is the best, or the greatest raw talent ever...." BS. They also have a fanatics insecure zealousness, that realizes the message is ridiculous. He is not even the best of his era.

Pair that reality with Kyle's hissy delicate temperament, one that should embarrass any prissed out Diva, and the temptation is unresistable. They might as well wear "a hit me" tattoo.

Greg, June 2018

Feel like the gap to Harvick is less than a tenth now. Just amazing to watch this battle.

New? If 20 years is new ;)

You miss understand my point. There has been a dominant car. Gordon, Stewart, Johnson.

My point is that during Johnson's reign of terror, he was never THE fastest car every week. 2008 Carl had the most speed that year. Was never fastest every week. 2005, it was Stewart. Never was the fastest each week. 2010 was Harvick and Hamlin, they were never 1-2 every week. Etc.

There were 5-10+ races a year where the dominant car on the season ran 6-10.

How many decades you want to go back? I don't get your point, 3 cars are winning the majority of races today.
10 years ago three cars won 18 races

upload_2018-6-3_18-28-33.png

This is from 98 20 years ago. 3 cars won 23 races
upload_2018-6-3_18-26-52.png

Like a bunch of fanatics handing out tracts. "The Kyle is the best, or the greatest raw talent ever...." BS. They also have a fanatics insecure zealousness, that realizes the message is ridiculous. He is not even the best of his era.

Pair that reality with Kyle's hissy delicate temperament, one that should embarrass any prissed out Diva, and the temptation is unresistable. They might as well wear "a hit me" tattoo.

Greg, June 2018

FACT: Dislikers spend twice the amount of time disliking that Rowdy fans do gawking. It's hilarious.

Rev, June 2018

FACT: Dislikers spend twice the amount of time disliking that Rowdy fans do gawking. It's hilarious.

Rev, June 2018
Kyle had a bit of an eyesight problem today, The other Kyle got him straightened out. Sometimes it takes what it takes. It is kinda hard to believe anything he says, but Kyle fans eat it up most of the time.

Kyle had a bit of an eyesight problem today, The other Kyle got him straightened out. Sometimes it takes what it takes. It is kinda hard to believe anything he says, but Kyle fans eat it up most of the time.

....and you really care about this ****? Really? Truly? I mean this proves my point. Drivers I don't cheer for say **** all of the time, and I just don't care. I mean Harvick has a whole show full of that kind of thing. I kind of just ignore it, and listen to the good parts. It truly is amazing.

I understand exactly what @jaqua19 was saying. Not sure what's difficult to grasp about it :idunno:
here is the 2010 season thee O.P. was talking about Harvick and Hamlin.? the winning three won 17 races, right in there with the other ones. anybody seeing a pretty common trend here. hellooo

upload_2018-6-3_18-42-45.png

....and you really care about this sh!t? Really? Truly? I mean this proves my point. Drivers I don't cheer for say sh!t all of the time, and I just don't care. I mean Harvick has a whole show full of that kind of thing. I kind of just ignore it, and listen to the good parts. It truly is amazing.

I would expect nothing less from ya. alibi's a shoe booty..smh. He's a good one for some. holy Goodyear. :D

I would expect nothing less from ya. alibi's a shoe booty..smh. He's a good one for some. holy Goodyear. :D

Right back at ya man....and honestly, I don't meant that in a ****** way. I enjoy you posts.

Martin Truex, Jr. won, and I was not around to see it?! Dammit!!!

Anyone know who’s leading the points? :cool:

It's gotten a bit more complicated than when you were watching a couple years ago. regular points, stage wins, or playoff points? Regular season winner or the Chase playoff winner. most wins or most wins counting cucumbered? NBC will spend half of each and every race explaining it all too soon for my blood.

3. Poconope
Cup and Xfinity used two completely different aero packages this weekend, with a speed difference of roughly 20 mph. Either way, the result was the same: Once the leader got into clean air, he was hard to pass.

Busch had four fresh tires and two late restarts to try and get the lead from a driver who was on older tires, but he couldn’t do it. Track position won out.

“It was a little disappointing the tires didn’t mean anything more than they did there at the end,” Busch said. “Guys that had 10, 11 laps on their tires were able to still outrun us and beat us (despite) us having fresher rubber. Clean air was king.”

Look, here’s the thing: As much as everyone talks about rules packages or tires or whatever it may be, it’s pretty difficult to put on an entertaining show when you’ve got a track with mind-numbing straightaways (long enough to land an airplane!) connected by turns that weren’t exactly designed to promote passing.

Maybe it’s just that Pocono, for its odd charms, isn’t conducive to great racing. Side-by-side action and passes for the lead can happen here — especially on restarts — but they’re often the exception rather than the rule.

http://jeffgluck.com/

Track is fine. Race was pretty good. People who have become conditioned to believe the box score needs to say there were 37 lead changes for it to be "good racing" are not.

Yes, making tire wear an increased factor everywhere should be a goal.

Gluck has expanded his racing scope this year and gotten interested in Supercross, WoO, more IndyCar, etc. He holds none of them to the same silly expectations.

I dont even know what this means but ok.

That's too bad. Doesn't make it wrong, cause it's a fact backed up by statistics (2015 vs 2008 for example) I'll simplify it. The best team/teams of the season are more dominant on a week to week basis than the best teams of the season 10-13 years ago. Numbers and statistics support this fact too

That's too bad. Doesn't make it wrong, cause it's a fact backed up by statistics (2015 vs 2008 for example) I'll simplify it. The best team/teams of the season are more dominant on a week to week basis than the best teams of the season 10-13 years ago. Numbers and statistics support this fact too

no they don't in the long run scheme of things. You can cherry pick a year or two, but nope.

Back
Top Bottom