Cup RACE thread --- Pocono

3 driver race for regular season championship.

3. Not 4. I have zero faith in Tyler Reddick to perform in anything meaningful at the cup level - be it clutch time race, or clutch time of the year..nope

7 wide? Just admit it, you shipped him, we all know it. Good luck Rodney
I’d bet my house he won’t be in that car in 2026. I’ve been out all day and literally just got to this on the DVR, what a goof.

3 driver race for regular season championship.

3. Not 4. I have zero faith in Tyler Reddick to perform in anything meaningful at the cup level - be it clutch time race, or clutch time of the year..nope
I did not think Chase had much of a shot at this until yesterday.....That's as much speed as I have seen out of them since the last gen car. Chase was on it all day and they just had that raw speed they have been lacking. I really believe if he did not speed on pit road he likely wins the race. Chase never gets caught speeding so I am thinking he was really pumped up. That said, it was odd that he and Larson and a couple others all got nailed at the same time with that.

Overall another good race though - cars cold pass and always fun to see multiple strategies. I know it's because they can change 4 tires faster then they can fill the car now but the whole "waiting on gas" things was interesting and again felt more like an F1 race. I am not sure if it's good or bad that NASCAR is becoming more like F1 but I found it interesting yesterday.

I did not think Chase had much of a shot at this until yesterday.....That's as much speed as I have seen out of them since the last gen car. Chase was on it all day and they just had that raw speed they have been lacking. I really believe if he did not speed on pit road he likely wins the race. Chase never gets caught speeding so I am thinking he was really pumped up. That said, it was odd that he and Larson and a couple others all got nailed at the same time with that.

Overall another good race though - cars cold pass and always fun to see multiple strategies. I know it's because they can change 4 tires faster then they can fill the car now but the whole "waiting on gas" things was interesting and again felt more like an F1 race. I am not sure if it's good or bad that NASCAR is becoming more like F1 but I found it interesting yesterday.
I don’t think F1 fuels their cars during races? I think it’s you make the distance with the fuel you start with.

F1 doesn't currently refuel. Maybe @Chase Fan 79 meant a sports car race? Fuel strategies can vary widely in those.
Actually I may have been thinking Indy Cars. Overall though, I mean that NASCAR is becoming more and more about that strategy. Taking longer to fuel the car than change tires is a game changer that I had really not thought much about until yesterday.

Actually I may have been thinking Indy Cars. Overall though, I mean that NASCAR is becoming more and more about that strategy. Taking longer to fuel the car than change tires is a game changer that I had really not thought much about until yesterday.
If you enjoy fuel strategies and aren't frustrated keeping up with them, take a look at IMSA or WEC. Multi-class sports car races will feature different strategies within each class. It's common to have three to five different strategies spread across the entire field.

Back
Top Bottom