Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Hopefully this opens the flood gates for more checkers

How does Austin Dillion have a ride lol.. I been paying more attention to him this year since Kyle is his teammate.. he is terrible lol
Lol. It’s obvious as you know but he’s not terrible. He’s won and both were pretty big wins.

I really like Bell, more so than any other Toyota driver but this was a bad look for him.
He did change his story after he saw the replay everybody else saw FWIW. Chastain drove a clean race, but Chastain has the intimidation factor on his side. Chastain doesn't care and neither does his car owner, just like a certain 3 car years ago.

He did change his story after he saw the replay everybody else saw FWIW. Chastain drove a clean race, but Chastain has the intimidation factor on his side. Chastain doesn't care and neither does his car owner, just like a certain 3 car years ago.
At this point I think if Ross is on the track at the time an incident occurs everyone screams "its Ross again"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oh okay I didn’t know he walked it back. Thanks.

Bell managed to call Ross a wrecking ball in the first clip , and "Ross did what Ross does and put us 3 wide" in the second clip. In other words you got beat legally, panicked and shot up the track taking Byron out lol. Now who was the wrecking ball again? :)

Truex and Small getting along famously lol. They may win Radioactive darlings this week.

Saw this on Reddit this morning and my thought was like wow. That is pretty incredible MTJ wasnt told that about his tires, looks like amateur hour on the pit box. If he knew he was on scuffs maybe he changes his driving and while I dont think it would be a win for him because he was screwed at that point, he might have done things different. The post race debrief should be interesting with the 19 fellas today.

It must be frustrating for Ross to be in a situation every single race. I don't think he's a dirty driver or does it on purpose, he's just aggressive by nature. I think that aggressiveness is what has gotten him to where he is right now, in a solid ride contending for wins every weekend. That incident with Bell & Byron was far from his doing. I think Byron should've given Bell a little more room.

It must be frustrating for Ross to be in a situation every single race. I don't think he's a dirty driver or does it on purpose, he's just aggressive by nature. I think that aggressiveness is what has gotten him to where he is right now, in a solid ride contending for wins every weekend. That incident with Bell & Byron was far from his doing. I think Byron should've given Bell a little more room.
i think bell just lost the frontend, just racing,this time.

I think Ross could care less

I think Ross could care less

I think he's making an effort to get it done in a cleaner type way this season, Logano did something similar after his year of bulldozing and once the Kez 500 incident happened there was a Penske sit down, I'd guess that's probably already happened with him Suarez & Marks in meeting after COTA, to reel it in a little bit but race hard between the lines. So with that, I think Ross does care that he's not running other veteran cup driver's over out there, but at the same time trying to balance the aggression needed to get wins.

Bell managed to call Ross a wrecking ball in the first clip , and "Ross did what Ross does and put us 3 wide" in the second clip. In other words you got beat legally, panicked and shot up the track taking Byron out lol. Now who was the wrecking ball again? :)
The Wrecking Bell

On the other hand, it could be argued that he made his bed long ago.

Truex and Small getting along famously lol. They may win Radioactive darlings this week.

Of all my guys’ crew chiefs over the years, Small might be the worst; even worse then Ives and McGrew. The complete incompetence put on show some weeks is outstanding. I think Truex is past his best but Small isn’t helping

Seems like a lot of people were making more out of this than it really was.

Oh they will get over it but it was ridiculous. You dont put your driver on scuffs and not let him know, Truex had to be wondering WTF was going on and why he was on the verge of getting run over after having one of the fastest cars all day. " No point in telling you" Are kidding me? Just stupid

Oh they will get over it but it was ridiculous. You dont put your driver on scuffs and not let him know, Truex had to be wondering WTF was going on and why he was on the verge of getting run over after having one of the fastest cars all day. " No point in telling you" Are kidding me? Just stupid
Yeah I'm with you there. What's the point in not telling him? Avoid pissing him off?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

this win sort of reminds me of how the 48 used to do it, overcoming the damage they got from the Suarez contact, sure they caught some luck from the late yellow but impressive nonetheless to stay in it and keep battling. Glad they broke thru into the win column, they've had some very fast cars.

I'd feel better about Berry if today's result was speed related, but it wasn't. He's been average imo, haven't seen anything that would make owners jump out the window for him.
He's already improved a lot since Vegas. Strategy obviously helped last Sunday but he also had decent speed. The final green run was about 15 laps and Josh managed to stay in second.
It takes some time to get used to the NextGen, Ty and Noah are also not winning races straight away.

This he didn't do it the right kind of way is B.S. on all levels. Berry didn't have track position for most of the race, but he is a short tracker and he showed it at both Richmond races. It's disrespectfull to try to portray it as anything else but a really good TEAM effort to come out of there with a third and a second.

Back
Top Bottom