Cup RACE thread --- Road America

Just want to point out something.

My fiance, who is an EXTREME casual fan..knows a few names, drivers, listens passively when I have it on...started mocking Jeff Burton and Dale Jr during the race today by more or less making squeeking noises.

And before she went out with my mother...she looked at me mid *Rick Allen monologue*, looked at the TV, then back at me, started laughing, made a face and said "I can't".

Idc about production. NBCs broadcast is a legitimate turnoff to anyone who isn't a die hard fan.

They should clean house.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mad respect to Reddick. He earned his first win by beating the sport’s best, much like. Base’s first win. Nothing but respect to that drive. So glad to see him break through as he was so deserving. If my guy had to lose, I’m glad it was like that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is RCRs first win on honest speed since Harvick left. I'm really happy about that, I've got a soft spot for rcr as a fan of Harvick since he exploded on the scene. I'd love to see Reddick make them relevant again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is RCRs first win on honest speed since Harvick left. I'm really happy about that, I've got a soft spot for rcr as a fan of Harvick since he exploded on the scene. I'd love to see Reddick make them relevant again.
At Texas in 2020 (or maybe 19?) Reddick’s rookie year they finished 1-2 with Dillon winning. Dillon was fast all day

yes, totally agree

But according to stats it was not a pass for the lead

yes, totally agree

But according to stats it was not a pass for the lead
Maybe that was because it was prior to them cycling around?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, technically it was for 2nd or 3rd because someone hadn’t pitted. My bad
doesnt matter, someone who stayed out on a 4 mile road course doesnt count, so since the bean counters wants to nit pick, the 8 passed the 9 for the win.

Looking at this Jayski report

Take away all the lead passes that were due to stage caution or staying out during green flag pit stops

There was not one pass on the track for the lead due to racing
That right there is a perfect example of how misleading passing stats often are in indicating the quality of a particular race. What we saw yesterday was an epic battle of driving skill that stretched over two fuel loads, two entire sets of tires. For 120 miles (30 laps, 420 corners) two young racers battled head to head, using every ounce of skill and aggression they could muster.

Only one of them could win... that's the way competition works... but we as the viewing audience definitely got a big win yesterday. I swear, I can't understand the guys whining that this was not a great race. It was stellar.

A whole heck of a lot of strategy was used in this race. The faster cars were blowing off stage points in order to keep their positions in the front pack. It luckily turned out to be a decent road race. It wouldn't have been so wonderful if Elliott continued to dust off the field 5 seconds ahead of second place except for Elliott fans (yikes!). As it was Reddick saved the day and was able to get by Elliott for the win. The Xinity was very similar with young Gibbs slipping by Larson in the late stages of the race for the win. What I found hilarious was in the middle of the cup race we had tweakers "fixing" the car for road racing lol. It's a pure race car down to it's bones and they raced the hell out of it so professionally, first time with the new car on the track and they tore the hell out of it.

1656962044422.png

Since I wasnt able to get on the site yesterday ( have no idea why) hell yeah!!! Reddick finally got his first win! love to see another first time winner.

not taking anything away from the race

it was just interesting that there was not a green flag pass for the lead

really..... has that happened before

there have been caution free races...............but no GF pass for the lead

We agree on a lot but how NASCAR approaches road courses just doesn’t make sense in my opinion
How are you going to make a road race have as many points value as the rest of the tracks. Playoff points, stage wins etc. It's easy to say oh the stages screw everything up. But the whole points systems for every road course would have to be changed and somehow be as valuable as the rest of the series tracks.

How are you going to make a road race have as many points value as the rest of the tracks. Playoff points, stage wins etc. It's easy to say oh the stages screw everything up. But the whole points systems for every road course would have to be changed and somehow be as valuable as the rest of the series tracks.

Either keep the stages with no breaks or due true 3rds for the race

What do you do with the sponsor time who are paying for the race that disappears during the breaks, just throw them in and cover up the racing?

Might as well lmao they do anyways. I’d be okay with a 33/66/100 type of race, but the uneven stages is just plain dumb on a road course

Somehow Formula 1 manages to show a full race without a single commercial.

Great racing at Road America on Sunday. Congrats to Reddick for earning his first of many victories in the Cup series.

I'll say again, that leaving Road America I think is a mistake, I hope they don't leave.

Back
Top Bottom