Cup RACE thread --- Roval

Since he’s not going to be one of the final four, that won’t happen.
So far the seasonal championship gift has gone to the winner of the Homestead Race.
This is the first year away from that track and any of the 36 cars can win until the green flag drops. If he doesn't win before this, I predict Kyle will win the final race leaving the championship to the highest finisher of the 4.
You heard it here first.

So far the seasonal championship gift has gone to the winner of the Homestead Race.
This is the first year away from that track and any of the 36 cars can win until the green flag drops. If he doesn't win before this, I predict Kyle will win the final race leaving the championship to the highest finisher of the 4.
You heard it here first.
I respectfully disagree and think he's done for the year. Every TRD egg is going in the 11 basket. Well, maybe a couple in the 19's.

Pretty interesting stuff in some of the post race pressers. Bowman said they went back and forth during the week in simulation with their setup and the platform that the 9 runs for the roval. Said they decided to go with more of the 9's setup yesterday and said he's probably never struggled more in a race car, that they drive completely different.

Pretty interesting stuff in some of the post race pressers. Bowman said they went back and forth during the week in simulation with their setup and the platform that the 9 runs for the roval. Said they decided to go with more of the 9's setup yesterday and said he's probably never struggled more in a race car, that they drive completely different.
Sounds like when Jeff Gordon couldn't drive Jimmie's cars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Before losing the power steering, he was probably the only one that had anything for the 9.
It was great fun watching their lines.

Bowyer was making hay in the front chicane. As he and his next victim would exit 14 / oval 4, he'd go high and accelerate, positioning himself so when they'd reach the chicane's right-hander, he'd be on the inside and power through. I watched him make at least a dozen passes that way. After figuring out what he was doing in 14, I checked back as he approached the rear chicane. He was usually able to outbrake whoever was in front of him, getting him close enough to set up his move approaching the front.

Elliott had turns 6, 7, and 8 down pat. He'd be inside exiting 6 with someone outside him, with the other guy theoretically in great shape for 7. Chase would run high between 6 and 7, cross over at the last second, and cut inside on 7. Running high before crossing let him keep up enough speed to outrun the other car exiting 8. But that pass in 8 where he split two cars from outside to inside? That was just cojones grandes, amigos.

Yeah, I wish Bowyer had been there at the finish. That was shaping up as a classic.

3:30 mark
One of the things I really like about Alex is that he always credits his team for working so hard and HMS for supplying them with everything that they need to give him good race cars. I also like that he will point out that it is himself as a driver that needs to learn more to be more successful at short tracks. I also liked the part where he said he doesn't know what makes Chase so good on road courses but after trying his setups on the simulator he knows he wouldn't be as fast in Chases car as Chase is. I know that stardom can go to a persons head and change their personality and make them very arrogant but I can see that it has not done that with Alex. I also think that he really respects and looks up to Chase just by the way he races him on the track.

One of the things I really like about Alex is that he always credits his team for working so hard and HMS for supplying them with everything that they need to give him good race cars. I also like that he will point out that it is himself as a driver that needs to learn more to be more successful at short tracks. I also liked the part where he said he doesn't know what makes Chase so good on road courses but after trying his setups on the simulator he knows he wouldn't be as fast in Chases car as Chase is. I know that stardom can go to a persons head and change their personality and make them very arrogant but I can see that it has not done that with Alex. I also think that he really respects and looks up to Chase just by the way he races him on the track.
He's older than Chase, isn't he? Bowman is about to be the oldest driver at Hendrick Motorsports and he isnt 30

He's older than Chase, isn't he? 4 minutes about to be the oldest driver at Hendrick Motorsports and he isnt 30

He's older than Chase, isn't he? Bowman is about to be the oldest driver at Hendrick Motorsports and he isnt 30

Yes, Chase was born on Nov 28th 1995 and Alex was born on April 25th 1993. But Chase has more seniority at HMS.:)

It was great fun watching their lines.

Bowyer was making hay in the front chicane. As he and his next victim would exit 14 / oval 4, he'd go high and accelerate, positioning himself so when they'd reach the chicane's right-hander, he'd be on the inside and power through. I watched him make at least a dozen passes that way. After figuring out what he was doing in 14, I checked back as he approached the rear chicane. He was usually able to outbrake whoever was in front of him, getting him close enough to set up his move approaching the front.

Elliott had turns 6, 7, and 8 down pat. He'd be inside exiting 6 with someone outside him, with the other guy theoretically in great shape for 7. Chase would run high between 6 and 7, cross over at the last second, and cut inside on 7. Running high before crossing let him keep up enough speed to outrun the other car exiting 8. But that pass in 8 where he split two cars from outside to inside? That was just cojones grandes, amigos.

Yeah, I wish Bowyer had been there at the finish. That was shaping up as a classic.
It was that way last year. Chase flat out ate everyone up in that 6-7-8 stretch and the backstretch chicane. TV coverage (if you can call it that) doesn't do it justice. They didn't show hardly any of Chase's run through field last two years or Clint's run this year. Being there in person you can watch what you want. I was so excited last year to get home and watch the DVR of the comeback only to be disappointed that NBC didn't really even notice the 9 until he was back up into the top 3.

It was that way last year. Chase flat out ate everyone up in that 6-7-8 stretch and the backstretch chicane. TV coverage (if you can call it that) doesn't do it justice. They didn't show hardly any of Chase's run through field last two years or Clint's run this year. Being there in person you can watch what you want. I was so excited last year to get home and watch the DVR of the comeback only to be disappointed that NBC didn't really even notice the 9 until he was back up into the top 3.
When they initially released that track layout, I never thought 6-7-8 would be a passing zone. The chicanes and maybe 5, but not what looked more like a technical / rhythm stretch.

When they initially released that track layout, I never thought 6-7-8 would be a passing zone. The chicanes and maybe 5, but not what looked more like a technical / rhythm stretch.
I figured 8 was. Had to hit that one right to have a good run down the back and last year that was where Elliott passed so many coming out of 8. Looks like this year the Hendrick skunk works set the car up to run the twisties in the infield.

Yes, Chase was born on Nov 28th 1995 and Alex was born on April 25th 1993. But Chase has more seniority at HMS.:)
Thanks for catching that. My talk-to-text apparently interpreted me saying "Bowman" as "four minute".. don't ask how lol

Imagine being offended by an intangible tweet without knowing the context and just making one up just to be frightened.

A chemical imbalance causing chronic hightened levels of anxiety can be a debilitating condition. There are real ways to combat and comfort. A tweet is not it.

With Jims tweet, I believe it would have made somewhat of a better gesture if he got rid of the three tweets quickly and just said something like... “hey, no harm intended. I was going for something and it didn’t work out. my apologies”... somethin similar like that...

to be clear... it was three tweets he did. So he wasn't backing off even tho folks were upset.

He got hundreds of replies to those 3 tweets immediately... a person with common sense would have said “ok... this little joke I’m going for maybe isn’t worth it”

Anyway at least he talked to alex and all, sure he won’t mess with the topic anymore.

he simply could have straightened it out quicker. I think that alone made it seem like it didnt matter to him IF he had upset someone

Reactions: Pat
**** this clown altogether.

It's not even an apology, he's just mad because he got called out for his ignorance.
yxZSTCwtykJO3lDLU3gtscXYcBg1CtdGjXYo1XxoDtW7QWJb6R5PcvmdkijlRHankEdTpfMqIfWugQGgsf7Cvw4lzmBq1NUB1zRSmQTCASPz_xurIg

I said what I said.
The guy said that what he tweeted was taken out of context, still apologized to anyone offended (which he didnt have to do because he’s apologizing for something that never happened) and even had a conversation with Alex afterwards and everything is great™.

Alex is fine. Jim is fine.

The continued faux outrage is silly.

The guy said that what he tweeted was taken out of context, still apologized to anyone offended (which he didnt have to do because he’s apologizing for something that never happened) and even had a conversation with Alex afterwards and everything is great™.

Alex is fine. Jim is fine.

The continued faux outrage is silly.

But but but....he said something that I didn't think was nice!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom