Cup RACE thread --- Soggy Daytona

1661718635707.png

I wonder if RC actually thinks Dillon is a better race car driver than Reddick

Yea Truex didn’t give me a whole lot of confidence getting out of round 1 either
Better than Dillon has been, but I've been wrong before.

This win just feels nasty for some reason.

Is it me or did Cindric have to reel himself in there during that interview?

Better than Dillon has been, but I've been wrong before.

This win just feels nasty for some reason.
They both would have been out in round 1. But yes Truex was better than Dillon over the first 26 races. But I don’t think it’s worth getting angry over, now if it was Blaney missing over these two then yea you might have something there.

They both would have been out in round 1. But yes Truex was better than Dillon over the first 26 races. But I don’t think it’s worth getting angry over, now if it was Blaney missing over these two then yea you might have something there.
I don't give blaney much of a chance either. This stuff isn't set up for the way Blaney has been driving.

Honestly, Truex was what only two or three positions behind Blaney?

Blaney was hovering around 2nd and 3rd place, Truex was 5th or 6th. Truex has had a very quiet season, but he's been hovering a few spots behind Blaney all year. Not far off in a points difference between them both.

Blaney was hovering around 2nd and 3rd place, Truex was 5th or 6th. Truex has had a very quiet season, but he's been hovering a few spots behind Blaney all year. Not far off in a points difference between them both.
I see where this is going and don’t want to go there but Blaney is third in points while showing speed at certain points of the season. He’s also won the All Star Race at a playoff track which if he can last till that round, maybe he can win there again. The 19 has been missing something all season

Blaney the last two or three races hasn't had the greatest of finishes. He had a much better lead on Truex back then.

I have to say I really enjoyed the racing at Daytona during a summer day, it’s a whole different beast. I’d be down to see more of it

I dunno I stand corrected, I just feel Blaney is going to hang around the playoffs longer than Truex would have

Reactions: Pat
I don't like the Chase eliminations playoff points Yada Yada

But Nascar endured bad weather to complete the race and give the contenders a full opportunity to quailify for the playoffs. Truax also knew going into the race that a win was the only way he could guarantee himself a playoff spot.

As much as I don't care for Austin Dillion, Truax had plenty of opportunities throughout the season, it just didn't happen.

I get the frustration here but I can’t be completely mad. F1 is as pure of a racing series as there is and that race was far worse than Daytona today. One car was basically dominating like someone playing rookie mode on a video game.

That pop up shower was bonkers but it’s the risk you have running Daytona in summer

Austin has four wins at the Cup level, plus championships in xFinity & Trucks. I'm not sure AD is better than Reddick but he's not far off.
I think you missed (sarcasm) in your post

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom