Cup RACE thread --- Soggy Daytona

Doesn't look good for an on time start. How about rain delay race replay from when Jr was still racing with commentary by Steve and Jr?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I truly believe that superspeedways are not the real issue. It's over aggressive drivers not realizing that the race is 500 freaking miles long. Blocking on lap 10? Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster.

If these guys would use their heads, we could get a decent finish. These SS races are designed to produce awesome finishes. But instead they all wreck themselves.

I truly believe that superspeedways are not the real issue. It's over aggressive drivers not realizing that the race is 500 freaking miles long. Blocking on lap 10? Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster.

If these guys would use their heads, we could get a decent finish. These SS races are designed to produce awesome finishes. But instead they all wreck themselves.

The tracks are designed to put everyone in a big ass pack all race long, which increases the chances of a gigantic wreck like the ones we always get at these places.

Of course they're the real issue.

The tracks are designed to put everyone in a big ass pack all race long, which increases the chances of a gigantic wreck like the ones we always get at these places.

Of course they're the real issue.
The tracks were designed 60+ years ago. The cars are designed to stay out of the grandstands of these antiques, which puts everyone in a big ass pack. The tracks weren't designed to put everyone in a packck, but redesigning them would allow the cars to separate.

Minor quibble, same solution we'll never get.

1661643558159.png

Not a good sign that the dryers are parked

Should be a good one. I think handling and tire wear will matter with the heat.

Recording it. Grandson is here so Sharkdog is on Netflix. Does it look like it will start? Timeframe?

ETA …never mind..lo

Did they do any prerace on peacock? Cnbc was just like ok we're starting

Threat of rain looks to be over for the next hour+. Should easily be able to get to halfway.

Reactions: Pat
Did I see rain in the shot of the 5 pit box?

Back
Top Bottom