Cup RACE thread --- Sonoma

I’d say Larson and Chase are at a Jimmie/Jeff level. Kyle could’ve easily won the last 5 races
I wouldn't quite say that. Those two are GOATs of the sport, and performed at that level for a while.

But I think it's curious that they're showing that potential. We've waited for the next Gordon, the next Johnson...and shockingly, it may be another HMS driver. Maybe this JGR SHR run of 2016-2020 really was just temporary.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You have a victim card that isn't warrented. The dude is the defending champ and there hardly is a hate club against Elliot. You don't like that Larson is outperforming him now.

Theres a massive Elliott hate club, but whatever you think you know I guess

There’s a weird vibe to this thread. I’m not sure why there’s so much angst when it comes to Chase. He’s gonna be fine. Literally the defending series champ. Has been right in the thick of things the last several races. He will grab a few trophies this summer.

Larson is the man right now. He’s got the car under him and team support he needs to allow his immense talent to shine through. He’s humbled, focused and finally putting complete races together. This was a long time coming. Doesn’t mean Chase is an afterthought all of a sudden. Racing is cyclical. I’m sure the 9 team will factor into things when it’s all said and done.

I’d low key love to see a rivalry between the 5 and 9 though.

There’s a weird vibe to this thread. I’m not sure why there’s so much angst when it comes to Chase. He’s gonna be fine. Literally the defending series champ. Has been right in the thick of things the last several races. He will grab a few trophies this summer.

Larson is the man right now. He’s got the car under him and team support he needs to allow his immense talent to shine through. He’s humbled, focused and finally putting complete races together. This was a long time coming. Doesn’t mean Chase is an afterthought all of a sudden. Racing is cyclical. I’m sure the 9 team will factor into things when it’s all said and done.

I’d low key love to see a rivalry between the 5 and 9 though.
I don't think anyone thinks Chase is an after thought, you got a few people talking trash, because he's being outperformed by a teammate...its trash talk, like in all sports. Then the same one or two fans take it too personal.

Great race for Larson. Anyone remember the guy who set the world on fire last year?
Car 54 where are you????? That kid is JGR next star.

A lot of NASCAR fans like to fall over for Pockrass but theres his hot takes like this that make him no different than the total ass that is Skip Bayless.

I really want that blue flat brim HendrickCars.com hat Kyle was wearing in VL and postrace but can’t find it anywhere

The car doesn't have a scratch on it

1623068319888.png

Hopefully Larson doesn't end up with Harvick's end of last year luck

I wouldn't quite say that. Those two are GOATs of the sport, and performed at that level for a while.

But I think it's curious that they're showing that potential. We've waited for the next Gordon, the next Johnson...and shockingly, it may be another HMS driver. Maybe this JGR SHR run of 2016-2020 really was just temporary.

Everything changes next year....wheel openings and all will be standardized.

A lot of NASCAR fans like to fall over for Pockrass but theres his hot takes like this that make him no different than the total ass that is Skip Bayless.

Denny Hamlin is now in jeopardy of missing the Playoffs altogether with Larson closing in and 0 wins.

Denny Hamlin is now in jeopardy of missing the Playoffs altogether with Larson closing in and 0 wins.
What? He has a two race lead over P2 in the points and he’s P3 in the “playoff points standings” over 300 points above the line. Denny is one of 5 drivers in the top 16 without a win. He’s not in jeopardy of being outside the cut off line lol.

Not really. 5 winless drivers not named Denny Hamlin would have to get wins in the next 10 races to knock Denny out. I don’t see it happening.

You have a victim card that isn't warrented. The dude is the defending champ and there hardly is a hate club against Elliot. You don't like that Larson is outperforming him now.

Nah I'm just calling out the hypocrisy is all.

And no, I don't like that Larson is outperforming him just as much as you love it. Why the hell would I?

Don't get it twisted though, Chase Elliott butters the bread around HMS. And LOL at this "new road course king" convo being started by the media.

Nah I'm just calling out the hypocrisy is all.

And no, I don't like that Larson is outperforming him just as much as you love it. Why the hell would I?

Don't get it twisted though, Chase Elliott butters the bread around HMS. And LOL at this "new road course king" convo being started by the media.
I don't know who eats it because when I was there just about everyone went out for lunch. :)

The Gerbils will start hammering this in a couple weeks

Playoff Standings after Sonoma​

(race 16 of 26 in the regular season)
1) #5-Kyle Larson [3 wins], 617
2) #19-Martin Truex, Jr. [3 wins], 527
3) #48-Alex Bowman [2 wins], 447
4) #9-Chase Elliott, [1 win], 591
5) #24-William Byron [1 win], 564
6) #22-Joey Logano [1 win], 548
7) #12-Ryan Blaney [1 win], 509
8) #18-Kyle Busch [1 win], 520
9) #2-Brad Keselowski [1 win], 473
10) #20-Christopher Bell [1 win], 364
11) #34-Michael McDowell [1 win], 355
12) #11-Denny Hamlin, 664 [point leader]
13) #4-Kevin Harvick, 483
14) #3-Austin Dillon, 436
15) #8-Tyler Reddick, 398
16) #17-Chris Buescher, 391
Currently outside the playoffs:
17) #21-Matt DiBenedetto, 331
18) #1-Kurt Busch, 328
19) #47-Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., 309
20) #42-Ross Chastain, 307

Are we going to have 16 different winners and Hamlin doesn’t win a race thus missing the playoffs? That’d be quite the plot twist

10 races left, 5 more different winners none of which would be Hamlin? Fun to think about but long, long odds.
Yea I wouldn’t bet on it either, but the way this season is going it’s in play.

Yea I wouldn’t bet on it either, but the way this season is going it’s in play.
Plus he'd have to lose the regular season championship which he still has a decent lead in. But Larson has been chipping away steadily at it.

What? He has a two race lead over P2 in the points and he’s P3 in the “playoff points standings” over 300 points above the line. Denny is one of 5 drivers in the top 16 without a win. He’s not in jeopardy of being outside the cut off line lol.
Good point. Larson will pass him, but it is unlikely we will have more than 16 winners as Larson will likely win everything in sight.

Not really. 5 winless drivers not named Denny Hamlin would have to get wins in the next 10 races to knock Denny out. I don’t see it happening.
Yeah, I missed that, and with Larson winning everything, that's not going to happen.

will Hamlin continue his wheel holding, points racing ways? Tune in tomorrow for as the Denny turns. Does Denny even have one fan here? :cool:

The source of McDowell being getting turned around. Suarez got used up and seemed like he was tired.

He’s way back in the standings but…DAMN Bubba pulled that finish outta his ***
I listened to the race via NASCAR App and even though it was another possible top 10 gone... This was one of Bubba's best performances in terms of pace and recovery, nevermind the cautions. He was rolling through the field, if Bubba continues to grow like he has on road courses, this team will be pretty good in the second half. Nashville I think he has a chance to be a spoiler with practice.

It goes to show COTA was not a mirage in terms of pace.

Let me be the first to say that I couldn't stand Bon Pocrass before he became popular, and I certainly can't stand him now.

Back
Top Bottom