Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

Yeah, we are not racing for awhile.

Lmao I love how they mentioned the current weather in the pre race. Must have been pre recorded. That or they really wanted people to stay tuned in.

Yeah - I am getting worn out with all this stuff - you would think Mother Nature could do us a favor today - but no.

Hi everyone, trying to check in while doing Father’s Day festivities (I am not a dad, having family over) I see the race is under a weather delay, damn these fellas can’t catch a break. It’s good to see no one on here yet has blamed NASCAR for the weather delay as that’s a favorite past time on here. Also I think this is the first race for the newly renovated Dega infield and infield amenities, bummed it can’t be used by a full house today.

Yeah, I'd say those 5000 fans can head back to the hotels. With the late start and no lights, there isnt really enough time for them to dry the track.

So what's the window to get this in before sundown?
I’m not sure what NASCAR’s threshold is for “too dark”, but here in Mississippi it’s decently light out this time of year until about 8:30 or so, I’d assume Talladega is about the same for their local time, so that’d be about four and a half hours from now.

Looking at the radar kinda seems right now thickest stuff and then clearer skies coming up from SW.

Then again if this band is a cloud factory all bets off.

Yeah, I'd say those 5000 fans can head back to the hotels. With the late start and no lights, there isnt really enough time for them to dry the track.
If we don't get it in today it won't be from lack of effort. They are all hands on deck drying the track.

Damnit!, I missed it, switch channels.

Edit, just checked Twitter, there was a replay

Another band of heavy rain is headed for Talladega. It will almost certainly rain at the track again in an hour, if not sooner.

Talladega Superspeedway is about half-way between the dot for Birmingham and the Alabama/Georgia border, or just east of the last "m" in Birmingham.

2020-06 Talladega Radar.gif

Hope it’s not asking too much for the rain to pass to the north.

Truex's puppy Charlie is such an adorable looking puppy. Makes me miss my dogs.

Reactions: Pat
Track has been lost per NASCAR radio.

It’s like they’re actively trying to get people to switch channels.

They probably should relay the message to the broadcast booth because they just said and are showing the track is still drying and they are still trying to get the race in.

Welp, everybody enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Now they just announced it. It's funny that this forum new the race was cancelled before the booth. :)

Back
Top Bottom