Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

image.png

Is FOX gonna bother to show what happened to the 42? Or update on that? Or nah..

This sub when 44 time cup winner and point leader Denny Hamlin makes a mistake: “HEHEHE what a choker this is why he’s never a champ what a bum!”

This sub when 0 time Cup winner Matty D makes a stupid move in crunch time like he always does:
“While I disagree with his move, he is a stud and I completely understand and empathize with the thought process behind his decision.”

🙄

This sub when 44 time cup winner and point leader Denny Hamlin makes a mistake: “HEHEHE what a choker this is why he’s never a champ what a bum!”

This sub when Matty D makes a stupid move in crunch time like he always does:
“While I disagree with his move, he is a stud and I completely understand and empathize with the thought process behind his decision.”

🙄
I didn't want to get banned or flamed, but I almost went with a joke about Matty having the distinct honor of choking at the longest and (second) shortest tracks on the tour. I also called Matt out for driving like an idiot during the race.

Only 7 playoff positions left and still a long way to go.
(insert Jaws theme)
They keep saying this may be the year a winner is left out. I don't quite see the numbers, though. Who is a "sure winner" that is left to punch a ticket for those slots?
Elliott, Harvick, Hamlin, and I think Ky Busch (iffy) will win. Heck, I dunno. Even with a surprise winner for Daytona 2, that's still only 5.

I know everyone likes Matt. But I question if he has the makeup upstairs to win one of these things. Two Talladega races in a row, was leading at the white.

Blocked the wrong line in both of them.

Matty D is going to relive that last lap over and over in his head. Such a bad move to go up, but I understand why he did.
If he wins by moving up, he’s a genius. If he loses, he’s an idiot. Hindsight 2020.

Atleast he didnt speed on pitroad twice and cause a big wreck while racing for a lap back when he was already in position to get it.

They keep saying this may be the year a winner is left out. I don't quite see the numbers, though. Who is a "sure winner" that is left to punch a ticket for those slots?
Elliott, Harvick, Hamlin, and I think Ky Busch (iffy) will win. Heck, I dunno. Even with a surprise winner for Daytona 2, that's still only 5.
Yeah I don't think we'll quite get to the point where a winner is left out but some familiar players may well be.

If he wins by moving up, he’s a genius. If he loses, he’s an idiot. Hindsight 2020.

Atleast he didnt speed on pitroad twice and cause a big wreck while racing for a lap back when he was already in position to get it.

Translation: I will make fun of and criticize drivers with far superior stats and resumes, but when drivers I like do the same stuff I criticize (cough cough Dibenedetto and Chastain) I look the other way and make excuses

Translation: I will make fun of and criticize drivers with far superior stats and resumes, but when drivers I like do the same stuff I criticize (cough cough Dibenedetto and Chastain) I look the other way and make excuses
DiBenedetto got a top 5. Hamlin sped on pit road back to back and then wrecked himself and half a dozen cars by racing the leaders while a lap down.

This sub when 0 time Cup winner Matty D makes a stupid move in crunch time like he always does:

🙄
Because Hamlin is kind of a jerk.

I know everyone likes Matt. But I question if he has the makeup upstairs to win one of these things. Two Talladega races in a row, was leading at the white.

Blocked the wrong line in both of them.
I wonder if he is the first driver ever to lead Talladega at the white twice and not win?

• Haha
Reactions: Pat

Translation: don’t make fun of a driver I like

I was worried about the three cheating Yotas that they didn't catch untill they were thru inspection and on the starting grid. There was no way they could have unmodified the cheats and slapping their hands by having Hamlin, Truex and Bell start in the back looked to be a bunch of B.S. but they didn't have the balls to throw them out of the race and it looked like they ran with the cheats in place. As it was, they did a good job of screwing themselves

Brad is simply the best there is here, he even won the Irace too lmao.

But McDowell had the push to get by Brad there, but Byron bailed last second so he could have a drag race for second 🙄. Don’t understand the thinking behind that, either way you finish second and if he’d stayed on McDowell’s bumper he might have been able to slingshot past him at the line.

Pretty much every drivers brain stopped working the final lap except for the 2

But McDowell had the push to get by Brad there, but Byron bailed last second so he could have a drag race for second 🙄. Don’t understand the thinking behind that, either way you finish second and if he’d stayed on McDowell’s bumper he might have been able to slingshot past him at the line.
Hindsight is 20/20.

In the moment, the decisions they make while inches apart at 200 mph are the ones they think are correct. Much easier said than done.

I was worried about the three cheating Yotas that they didn't catch untill they were thru inspection and on the starting grid. There was no way they could have unmodified the cheats and slapping their hands by having Hamlin, Truex and Bell start in the back looked to be a bunch of B.S. but they didn't have the balls to throw them out of the race and it looked like they ran with the cheats in place. As it was, they did a good job of screwing themselves
What did they catch? Was it on the starting grid or thats when you first heard of it?

Brad is simply the best there is here, he even won the Irace too lmao.

Pretty much every drivers brain stopped working the final lap except for the 2
Gosh , gotta get you in a race car soon!

Top 5 for Kaz
Mike Joy announced it. They had messed with the A and B pillars
Surely, if NASCAR caught it and that was the reason they were starting in the back, the other competitors would have made sure NASCAR made them fix it? Surely?

And odd that the 18 team wasn’t in on the cheating? They not in the current Toyota clique?

Surely, if NASCAR caught it and that was the reason they were starting in the back, the other competitors would have made sure NASCAR made them fix it? Surely?

And odd that the 18 team wasn’t in on the cheating? They not in the current Toyota clique?
Joy said that the cars made it through inspection, but officials noticed something on the A pillars while they sat on the grid pre-race. It wasn't clear if the teams did something in that meantime or if an official just noticed it that late. Either way, likely a "show must go on" timing thing.

Back
Top Bottom