Cup RACE thread --- Texas

This fiasco is the most 2020 thing to happen in NASCAR this year.

Only if Matt DiBenedetto wins tomorrow (Thursday?) with KyBu finishing 2nd, only to have Matty D be DQ'd post-race and Kyle declared the winner.

And Ryan Preece getting his...*checks notes*...9th DNF this season.

Only if Matt DiBenedetto wins tomorrow (Thursday?) with KyBu finishing 2nd, only to have Matty D be DQ'd post-race and Kyle declared the winner.

And Ryan Preece getting his...*checks notes*...9th DNF this season.

And we wont even know why Preece was DNF'd because there wont be a camera angle that shows anything.

For those that have YouTube TV...is the race already automatically recording? If not I'll do it manually from my phone
It hasn't been for me. When I would click on it, it would show a + mark and not a check mark. I would do as you suggested and use your phone to make shure.

It hasn't been for me. When I would click on it, it would show a + mark and not a check mark. I would do as you suggested and use your phone to make shure.
Thanks. I checked later and it showed it recorded 35 minutes around 10am local time...will definitely have to record manually today just to be safe

3 days of rain.

Is this the longest a NASCAR race has been delayed like this?
I would hope the Brass would do something

I would hope the Brass would do something

I’d say its mostly in the networks hands these days. They seem to call the shots when races should start and then resume on the following days

NASCAR is probably asking the networks the same question

I think they’ll find a window either late today/tonight or by tomorrow, I thought i saw they might get sunshine tomorrow if they’re still there.

Maybe it’s honestly time for NASCAR to explore the idea about letting a race be official once it’s taken the green flag and after waiting out a 24-48 hour window... I mean just because ‘racing to halfway’ has been the thing for awhile now doesn’t mean they cannot look at that concept and say... “maybe we should change this approach”

I think they’ll find a window either late today/tonight or by tomorrow, I thought i saw they might get sunshine tomorrow if they’re still there.

Maybe it’s honestly time for NASCAR to explore the idea about letting a race be official once it’s taken the green flag and after waiting out a 24-48 hour window... I mean just because ‘racing to halfway’ has been the thing for awhile now doesn’t mean they cannot look at that concept and say... “maybe we should change this approach”
NO that is a bad idea and would be inviting the S&P teams to go all out on lap 1 which of course could take out the contenders.

NO that is a bad idea and would be inviting the S&P teams to go all out on lap 1 which of course could take out the contenders.

I doubt a Quin Houff could run up to the bumper of a playoff driver in the first ten laps if you dangled a million dollars in his face as an award lol

I doubt a Quin Houff could run up to the bumper of a playoff driver in the first ten laps if you dangled a million dollars in his face as an award lol
Maybe not but he could take out the leader on lap 2 as he was going down a lap.

Maybe not but he could take out the leader on lap 2 as he was going down a lap.

whats keeping them from doing that in a 500 mile race as it is?

I get you may disagree with the idea of letting a race become official under the half way point. But the lapped cars are not going to start spinning out our Hamlin’s and Harvick’s of the field over a concept like I suggested

Last edited:
when is this thing supposed to try and start today and is there a local weather update?

Last edited:
Going on day 3... Is this going to be the 3rd time is a lucky charm or 3 strikes your out? Actually the hour to hour is looking much better today.
Yup...hourly looks promising...may not start at 3 but should get track dry enough to run later this afternoon.

It has been so many days since the last pit stop that I'm trying to remember what went down. If I remember right Bowman was leading but he took 4 tires while most of the other teams took 2 tires and that is why he came out in 18th. With a fresh cold track hopefully 4 new tires will help him get back to the front pretty quick and he will pick up some valuable passing points.

It looks like another round of rain is clipping Texas Motor Speedway as we speak. Hopefully, this is the last round of rain! The forecast looks good later this afternoon.

Texas Motor Speedway is just north of the "t" in "Worth."

2020-10 DFW Radar 6.gif

Ok I changed my mind on rain tires for ovals, I'll allow it, this neverending story needs to end.

Ok I changed my mind on rain tires for ovals, I'll allow it, this neverending story needs to end.
Why rain tires? They wont work at 180 any better then slicks so lets just let them race on those. More crashes for entertainment

Why rain tires? They wont work at 180 any better then slicks so lets just let them race on those. More crashes for entertainment
180? Ain't nobody that crazy. Hell I'm good at 45 if that is what it takes. Get after it and get it done.

180? Ain't nobody that crazy. Hell I'm good at 45 if that is what it takes. Get after it and get it done.
Well you know its a race and the other guy is gonna try to go faster then you and you know what that means, he gon crash with or without them grooves in the tire

Reactions: Pat
If we do it’ll be around dinner time EST.
Good that will be afternoon here so that will give me plenty of time to get to the slot car track and set my pit up and make a couple of test passes before the NASCAR race starts... and then hopefully it will be over before our 7.00pm race starts.

Back
Top Bottom