Cup RACE thread --- Texas

Damn. Larson has to have a cheated up car.

(Note this is a joke, because of how fast he caught him.)
Tires tires tires.

That's the big difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine sitting in that car in those temps.
Back in 95 my driver CP3, his dad owned Summerville Speedway and he bought a car from Kenny Wallace and put a second seat in it and would draw tickets and give a fan a few laps around the track, it had a 500 hp motor but of course they would never push it. Well I wanted to take a ride with CP3 so we made arrangements with his dad to do it. It was August and boiling hot.I got suited up and put on the helmet and got in the car and they strapped me in. I kept waiting and waiting for Charles to get in the car but he was talking with his dad. Honestly I thought I was gonna die, I started screaming out the window "hey come on lets go'!! Charles leans in the window and says "are ya hot" and I knew then what he was doing because I used to give him **** on the radio when he complained how hot it was. I gained a whole new appreciation for a race car driver that day.

I mean, 4 straight error / bad luck free races to start the playoffs and the 5 has an avg finish of 2.6, and is dominating today.

To the eye rolls and disagreement of others, I've said all year the 5 has been the fastest car this year, and it would be clear when they clean things up.

Anything can happen today, and the rest of the season, and speed can be overcome of course.

But the 5 car has been the fastest car all year, up to this point. It's becoming noticable, now that they're trimming out the mistakes.

Tires tires tires.

That's the big difference.

Oh I know lol. I was just making fun of the discussion that was here a few weeks back when MTJ did the same thing and there were people saying he had a cheated up car..

Larson is lights out. This things over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I know lol. I was just making fun of the discussion that was here a few weeks back when MTJ did the same thing and there were people saying he had a cheated up car..
Michigan, right?

In their defense, MTJ can't win without a cheated up car and track position.

Larson reporting he is more loose this run.

Cliff is like "k. 3 second lead, keep it smooth"

Now they're talking about tirewear and Cliff telling him to continue to be smooth.

"That lap was ridiculously fast, just be smooth with it"

Larson reporting he is more loose this run.

Cliff is like "k. 3 second lead, keep it smooth"

Now they're talking about tirewear and Cliff telling him to continue to be smooth.

"That lap was ridiculously fast, just be smooth with it"
Cliff trying to talk his boy down off the ledge. Dude, you've got 5 seconds; dial it back a notch.

Going to be interesting if Front Row continues to improve next year. McDowell hasn’t had as many top tens this year but their speed has been so much better on a week to week basis

Cliff trying to talk his boy down off the ledge. Dude, you've got 5 seconds; dial it back a notch.
Always makes me nervous. You have a good 2 tenths per lap on the field WITHOUT pushing it.

5 seconds. At this point you just maintain and keep the tires fresh as possible right?

Feel like this last 50 laps could take an hour, given how aggressive you need to be to pass.

Leaders fell off about 2 tenths that last run.

At this point, we've probably seen the last stop of the race

Back
Top Bottom