Cup RACE thread --- Texas

Yeah at least Denny didn't grab his neck and scream about how the car was a death trap lol.
I don't remember this, who did this? Did Denny Hamlin do that? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And given Dennis has, what, a 15 or so year head start, I’d say it’s still on the table.
Denny has had an all time great career, to be fair, and he's been a top 3 driver in this series since 2020. If he does pull out a championship at some point before retirement, I really don't think it'll be hated, and it'll be a career that even Chase, Larson or Byron would have a tough time matching.

BUT, we can't predict the future.

If we want to talk about champions who won't match Hamlin's win total, how about Joey Logano?

The fact that he's taken Penske to 30+ wins, and 2 championships is beyond impressive. And despite him only being 33, it's hard to imagine he reaches Hamlin's win total with how hit or miss Penske is.

If he ended up back at JGR, or HMS, he'd win another 40 races.

Compare wins.
Not Oprah Championships.
Championships are championships. And when you have a "chase championship" and a season where "he woulda won under the old format blah blah", you're a legit champion. You are regardless. But Chase has given us the whole season. He's given us the playoff championship. And in 2020, he wins under the 2004-2013 format. He's as legit as they come.

Hamlin is too. His best years have just come against all time years.

Championships are championships. And when you have a "chase championship" and a season where "he woulda won under the old format blah blah", you're a legit champion. You are regardless. But Chase has given us the whole season. He's given us the playoff championship. And in 2020, he wins under the 2004-2013 format. He's as legit as they come.

Hamlin is too. His best years have just come against all time years.

We don’t have to agree.

What did I say!

Denny is a **** head. But he's been honest on his podcast and at this point is a good ambassador for this sport, as much as people don't like him.

He owned up to jumping the start at Richmond. Anyone who thinks he wasn't going to own THIS is just blinded by hate..

Which is fine. We have a heel. That's good

Yeah he finally did after everybody and their little dog watched it over and over and not a peep from Hambone until after Tuesday when Nascar announces penalties.

How bout this year? How bout last year?
Yea. Denny has been better these last couple years. How about 2022? Wanna talk about that one? It’s just silly man, Denny has a lot more races ran. To me when you compare head to head, you go by how many wins drivers had after the same amount of starts. Denny edges Chase out still, but only by a little bit.

I've grown to like Hamlin over the last few years, never thought I'd ever say that but I have. I still hate his guts for that Martinsville deal in particular but Chase did get fairly even.

Yea. Denny has been better these last couple years. How about 2022? Wanna talk about that one? It’s just silly man, Denny has a lot more races ran. To me when you compare head to head, you go by how many wins drivers had after the same amount of starts. Denny edges Chase out still, but only by a little bit.
I don’t know. If you want to talk about one year out of a career? Sure we could do that.

Yeah he finally did after everybody and their little dog watched it over and over and not a peep from Hambone until after Tuesday when Nascar announces penalties.
Man, SOI. If you were a cup driver, and you jumped a start that didn't get you penalized, would you get out in victory lane and say "Hey everyone, I jumped the start!" ?

Man, SOI. If you were a cup driver, and you jumped a start that didn't get you penalized, would you get out in victory lane and say "Hey everyone, I jumped the start!" ?

Lol changed your tune form Denny being the virtuous one to being a clever coward. lol.

I've grown to like Hamlin over the last few years, never thought I'd ever say that but I have. I still hate his guts for that Martinsville deal in particular but Chase did get fairly even.
I have to. And I think it's just because I recognize he cares about NASCAR'S succes as much as we fans do.

I know some people think the podcast is just an ego thing. But I think Denny has a lot of opinions. Regardless of how right they are, he took this as an opportunity to play his role in growing the sport.

He's a hatable villain, but I'm finding it really hard to root against a driver who so clearly cares about NASCAR and it's future.

I don’t know. If you want to talk about one year out of a career? Sure we could do that.
Bruv, you’re wanting to compare a guy with 363 more starts and talk about how many more wins he has… with that many starts difference and it’s what, 34 more wins? That’s pretty damn good.

Lol changed your tune form Denny being the virtuous one to being a clever coward. lol.
That's your distinction. I never said virtuous. I said he was honest. Both scenarios he was.

You also didn't answer the question. So, you, as a hypothetical honest competitor would surrender the win?

Got it.

That's your distinction. I never said virtuous. I said he was honest. Both scenarios he was.

You also didn't answer the question. So, you, as a hypothetical honest competitor would surrender the win?

Got it.

Doesn't matter what I say, you wouldn't believe it. But I do deal with the facts and Hamlin didn't say squat until after Tuesday when penalties come out. You can do your spin thing but facts are facts.

Doesn't matter what I say, you wouldn't believe it. But I do deal with the facts and Hamlin didn't say squat until after Tuesday when penalties come out. You can do your spin thing but facts are facts.
Seems to me that you can't separate fact from opinion. I know it's clear you don't like Hamlin and you'll move mountains and defy logic to make it justifiable.

And Today, I've learned that Hamlin admitting to jumping the start, and owning up to wrecking himself, SOMEHOW, aren't facts in your world when it comes to the context of honesty or telling the truth.

And I'm spinning things.

Brilliant, per usual from you.

Seems to me that you can't separate fact from opinion. I know it's clear you don't like Hamlin and you'll move mountains and defy logic to make it justifiable.

And Today, I've learned that Hamlin admitting to jumping the start, and owning up to wrecking himself, SOMEHOW, aren't facts in your world when it comes to the context of honesty or telling the truth.

And I'm spinning things.

Brilliant, per usual from you.

Get some help.

Eh, if you really pay attention and listen to radios, Byron couldn't just pivot to the bottom without losing grip. This was a thing all weekend, as was keeping clean air on the nose. HMS radio also was pretty clear, all race long, that they weren't making grip any more than a lane and a half up from the bottom. When the groove is that narrow, and when losing grip is that much of an issue, I don't see why anyone who isn't racing for the win would just switch lanes from the apex of 1&2 and out of 2 when that corner has been pretty tough to get through.

Also, Ross was NOT getting to the 9 car in 3&4. If I could understand aero and momentum from my couch, Byron certainly could. The battle for the win was over as soon as Chase heard clear. Ross wasn't making up 3 car lengths on corner entry going into 3. If he even tried to, he'd be in the wall before even getting to the 9's bumper.

I love your posts, but if I were to say I think you're missing by a mile here, it would be an understatement XD

Fair. I respect your opinion on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom