Cup RACE thread --- The All-Star race

I guess I can't edit my post in #635, so I'll add to it in this one.

I was under the initial incorrect assumption that the window net came down on its own, when in fact Blaney took it down himself because he thought the race was over.

Because of that circumstance and how NASCAR through a BS yellow, they should have allowed him to come down pitroad and fix the window net and then re-gain his place in 1st.

sorry for my initial confusing and wrong post.
Except Blaney never took the checkered flag, he took the yellow, the race cant end under yellow in the ASR. Blaney was at fault. I like him, but he was at fault. Hell many times NASCAR would tell us to keep the nets up after the race till we hit pit road.

Except Blaney never took the checkered flag, he took the yellow, the race cant end under yellow in the ASR. Blaney was at fault. I like him, but he was at fault. Hell many times NASCAR would tell us to keep the nets up after the race till we hit pit road.
Yea it's tough. At least NASCAR admitted their mistake after the race and said it didn't warrant a caution. It sounds like we both agree however that he should have had his window net properly re-secured before going back to racing though. It's worrisome to me that they didn't make him fix it, seems like a potential slippery slope going backwards on safety.

Just my worthless thoughts on the matter.

Yea it's tough. At least NASCAR admitted their mistake after the race and said it didn't warrant a caution. It sounds like we both agree however that he should have had his window net properly re-secured before going back to racing though. It's worrisome to me that they didn't make him fix it, seems like a potential slippery slope going backwards on safety.

Just my worthless thoughts on the matter.
Always safety is paramount.

Back
Top Bottom