Cup regulars in Nationwide

Yogisd1

Resident Retard
After this weekend's N'wide race, I got an idea of how to solve the cup invasion problem. How about if Nascar only allowed cup rookies to race in the N'wide races. Cup rookies have the experience that the N'wide guys can benefit from. That way the N'wide drivers get the experience they need, and veteran cup drivers are stopped from using these races as paid test sessions. Everybody wins. (Except the testers.) Drivers get experience, and fans get better races. What do you think?

Not everyone is against Cup drivers in other series. IMO, it's only been the past couple of years that decent talent has been in the lower series'. Ratings are down across all three major series. I don't think Nationwide Series would survive without the big name draw. I know that I would be less likely to watch if there were no Cup talent.
The current top four in points are pretty much all I'm interested in watching. I'd rather watch a Truck Series race.

oh-look-its-this-thread-again.gif

I would also add in Cup drivers who finished behind a certain position in the championship in the previous year, like 16th or worse/21st or worse.

The races without a good number of Cup drivers this year (Iowa, Chicagoland, Road America) were very good. A few of the other races with them included (Darlington, Fontana) have been good as well but more often than not it's a bore and I find something else to do.

After this weekend's N'wide race, I got an idea of how to solve the cup invasion problem. How about if Nascar only allowed cup rookies to race in the N'wide races. Cup rookies have the experience that the N'wide guys can benefit from. That way the N'wide drivers get the experience they need, and veteran cup drivers are stopped from using these races as paid test sessions. Everybody wins. (Except the testers.) Drivers get experience, and fans get better races. What do you think?

Great idea.

I was at the Nationwide race at Chicagoland and didn't miss the usual large number of Cup regulars one bit.

Give every driver only 10 weekends a year with multiple race entries. Once you used up your 10 that is it you are only allowed single race entries from there on out.

However if you haven't ran at least 36 cup races under your belt you are allowed 20 multiple race entry weekends. This will allow cup rookies like Larson get more seat time.

Let the Cup guys run Nationwide all they want. Hell, let them run for points too. Except don't allow them to drive for their Cup affiliated teams. For example, put James Buescher in the 54 Monster car and make Rowdy run the 99 **** mobile. Put Blaney in the 22 and make Brad and Joey run for some other Nationwide only Ford team. In no way is this realistic or likely, but it would be interesting to see the Cup guys try to compete in half flasted equipment rather than the 54 and 22 Cup Lite cars.

Let the Cup guys run Nationwide all they want. Hell, let them run for points too. Except don't allow them to drive for their Cup affiliated teams. For example, put James Buescher in the 54 Monster car and make Rowdy run the 99 **** mobile. Put Blaney in the 22 and make Brad and Joey run for some other Nationwide only Ford team. In no way is this realistic or likely, but it would be interesting to see the Cup guys try to compete in half flasted equipment rather than the 54 and 22 Cup Lite cars.

Yay! I've been saying that for years. :cheers:

Kyle doesn't dominate when he's not in a Gibbs cup-lite car. Kasey and Biffle used to run NW for Red Horse, and they had to work for a top 5. I give Jack Roush credit for running 1 cup regular along with a bunch of new talent in the other cars.

I don't think NASCAR can say who can race and who can not (aside from disciplinary actions). Drivers are independent contractors. As long as a team can put a legal car on the grid, NASCAR can't say who the team owners can contract to drive the car. NASCAR puts together races that are open to anyone who has a legal car to run, it is not a franchise where they have more control over the actions of the team owners. NASCAR does require the drivers to choose which series they will run for points and that seems to have reduced the number of drivers running the other series to some degree.

It amazes me that no one has brought this up before :rolleyes:
Kyle Busch must have won a NW race that I didnt watch. Did Samantha look as good as always ??????

I don't think NASCAR can say who can race and who can not (aside from disciplinary actions). Drivers are independent contractors. As long as a team can put a legal car on the grid, NASCAR can't say who the team owners can contract to drive the car. NASCAR puts together races that are open to anyone who has a legal car to run, it is not a franchise where they have more control over the actions of the team owners. NASCAR does require the drivers to choose which series they will run for points and that seems to have reduced the number of drivers running the other series to some degree.

Nascar sanctions the events. They can do whatever they hell they want.

Not everyone is against Cup drivers in other series.
Honestly, I think this message board is a probably a minority when it comes to that.

When Milwaukee had a Busch race, a lot of people in my group and just around the track seemed excited when guys like Martin Truex, Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin were in the race.

Of course, that was a track that didn't have a Cup race, but it's my anecdotal evidence.

Honestly, I think this message board is a probably a minority when it comes to that.

When Milwaukee had a Busch race, a lot of people in my group and just around the track seemed excited when guys like Martin Truex, Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin were in the race.

Of course, that was a track that didn't have a Cup race, but it's my anecdotal evidence.
When there's no Cup race fans will even resort to watching open wheel .

As far as WAG's go, I've always thought Nicole Biffle is kind of hot. Not sure how Googley-Eyed Greg got her.
greg-biffle-nicole-biffle-2013-nascar-awards-at_3986714.jpg

As far as WAG's go, I've always thought Nicole Biffle is kind of hot. Not sure how Googley-Eyed Greg got her.
View attachment 14045
Women don't care about looks as much as we think they do. They are more attracted to power and success and they just want someone who can take care of them and treat them good. One of my friends is 24 and she fell in love with this 50 year old guy who has a wife, kids, and he only has one arm. He's a successful businessman. Even though he told her he won't leave his wife for her she still wants to be with him. He's one lucky guy.

Not Nationwide, but all of the Cup regulars in todays's truck race failed to win. :booya:

As I have said in the past, I refuse to watch Nationwide or Truck races that have Cup regulars in them, with Eldora and Texas being exceptions.

I will watch Nationwide on a regular basis like I used to when this Cup infestation is removed.

I agree with you and Bobby . When I was going to races , the big draw for Nationwide and trucks was how many Cup stars were going to be there . Not only in the race , but signing autographs etc. . In those days , it was the only way to increase attendence . Here , every summer , the local racing series pays a Nascar star or two , to come and race in an event .In addition to the money , they provide him with a top car to drive and he keeps any prize money he wins . Needless to say , it is the biggest attended race of the year.

Back
Top Bottom