Cup Series standings with F1 points

CamelPowered

Jimmy Spencer Never Forgets!
As a fan of both Nascar and F1, I found this very interesting.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...used-f1-points-111914?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:speed

1. Brad Keselowski (332)
2. Jeff Gordon (315)
3. Kevin Harvick (298)
4. Joey Logano (291)
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (245)
6. Jimmie Johnson (233)
7. Matt Kenseth (219)
8. Kyle Busch (169)
9. Kyle Larson (159)
10. Denny Hamlin (156)
11. Carl Edwards (129)
12. Ryan Newman (121)
13. Kurt Busch (113.5)
14. Clint Bowyer (106)
15. Jamie McMurray (103)
16. Kasey Kahne (84)
17. Paul Menard (83)
18. Greg Biffle (61)
19. Brian Vickers (52)
20. A.J. Allmendinger (49)
21. Tony Stewart (49)
22. Marcos Ambrose (47.5)
23. Aric Almirola (46.5)
24. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (35)
25. Martin Truex Jr. (29)
26. Danica Patrick (16)
27. Austin Dillon (12)
28. Casey Mears (8)
29. Travis Kvapil (8)
30. Michael McDowell (3)
31. David Ragan (1)

I'm to lazy to do the work I just like to find one that shows me the points without the chase BUT with the way of scoring points before the chase started also. So using the 2003 point system(as in no chase, and the POINTS scored at the time, not how points are scored now)

Not surprising that the six drivers who won 4+ races this year have the top 6 spots in points.

How does F1 do their points?
You only get points if you finish in the top-10. Points awarded are modified if the race ends early. Double points for the final race. It's kinda funky; way too confusing for the general public of America ;)

From the article, explaining the F1 points:

- The top 10 finishers get points: 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

- If a race is rain-shortened to less than 75 percent scheduled distance (Coke Zero 400 at Daytona), half points are awarded.

- No points for pole, no points for leading a lap, no points for fastest lap and no points for leading the most laps

- Since it looks like Formula One will strike the double-points idea for 2015, we’ll forget double points for the finale (ultimately it wouldn’t have made a difference as to your champion anyways)

- We also assume no point penalties throughout the season.

You only get points if you finish in the top-10. Points awarded are modified if the race ends early. Double points for the final race. It's kinda funky; way too confusing for the general public of America ;)
From the article, explaining the F1 points:

- The top 10 finishers get points: 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

- If a race is rain-shortened to less than 75 percent scheduled distance (Coke Zero 400 at Daytona), half points are awarded.

- No points for pole, no points for leading a lap, no points for fastest lap and no points for leading the most laps

- Since it looks like Formula One will strike the double-points idea for 2015, we’ll forget double points for the finale (ultimately it wouldn’t have made a difference as to your champion anyways)

- We also assume no point penalties throughout the season.

Huh, well that's an interesting concept.

The old points system was much more confusing than the F1 system. I like the F1 system, actually puts emphasis on good finishes and top position's.

I'm to lazy to do the work I just like to find one that shows me the points without the chase BUT with the way of scoring points before the chase started also. So using the 2003 point system(as in no chase, and the POINTS scored at the time, not how points are scored now)
The exact one they used in 2003, or the one they started using in 2004 that gave 180 points to the winner or the one they started using in 2007 that gave 185 points to the winner?

The exact one they used in 2003, or the one they started using in 2004 that gave 180 points to the winner or the one they started using in 2007 that gave 185 points to the winner?
one where Newman wins, so i can have if's & but's :D

The old points system was much more confusing than the F1 system. I like the F1 system, actually puts emphasis on good finishes and top position's.

Uhhhh, that's exactly what the "old system" did was emphasize good finishes. The same system you claim was "more confusing"

Uhhhh, that's exactly what the "old system" did was emphasize good finishes. The same system you claim was "more confusing"

Nothing wrong with a confusing points system as long as it harbors good competition. For me I much prefer the old system, its not like I would try to calculate the points on my own or try to see how many positions a driver needed to move up in the standings.

Nothing wrong with a confusing points system as long as it harbors good competition. For me I much prefer the old system, its not like I would try to calculate the points on my own or try to see how many positions a driver needed to move up in the standings.

Amen :cheers:

Exactly the one from 2003. Everyone talks pre chase but will change the points to what it is now. I just want to see what full pre chase looks like.

Back
Top Bottom