Cure to Indy boredom.

FenderBumper

The "good old days" ??
NASCAR at Indy is strictly a DVR race for me that often isn't watched until later in the week, if ever.

What I'm wondering is this. Will a couple of teammates with near equal cars (kind of like restrictor plate racing) figure out that the 2 car draft would change the game? Will NASCAR 'outlaw' the controversial 2 car draft before the race if they see it in practice? You know, all that 'hallowed ground' crap.

I hope the race goes this route. The 2 car draft has made restrictor plate racing more about driver talent and less about luck. It just may save the fans from the usual mind numbing, single file, aero push crap Indy has become known for.

NASCAR at Indy is strictly a DVR race for me that often isn't watched until later in the week, if ever.

What I'm wondering is this. Will a couple of teammates with near equal cars (kind of like restrictor plate racing) figure out that the 2 car draft would change the game? Will NASCAR 'outlaw' the controversial 2 car draft before the race if they see it in practice? You know, all that 'hallowed ground' crap.

I hope the race goes this route. The 2 car draft has made restrictor plate racing more about driver talent and less about luck. It just may save the fans from the usual mind numbing, single file, aero push crap Indy has become known for.

No way it happens, you can't tailgate draft in the corners at Indy.

There won't be a 2 car draft like we see at super speedways. We will see 2 or 3 dominant cars with one leaving everyone else behind because of a better pit crew or restart.

No way it happens, you can't tailgate draft in the corners at Indy.

I'm thinking on those long straights to catch up and also create passing zones. With no corner banking to speak of, that's the only place it will work.

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but they have to do something about this pathetic aero push snoor-fest. Race for 4 laps after restart, then string out for 30. Rinse and repeat, and repeat...... Juan and his screwups have been the only real excitement there lately, and that's pretty sad.

I'm thinking on those long straights to catch up and also create passing zones. With no corner banking to speak of, that's the only place it will work.

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but they have to do something about this pathetic aero push snoor-fest. Race for 4 laps after restart, then string out for 30. Rinse and repeat, and repeat...... Juan and his screwups have been the only real excitement there lately, and that's pretty sad.

I doubt anything will change in this race, that's why I will watch the low lights on Speed or Espn when i get home from the beach.:D

The race will start, race hard for 5 laps and then go single file till the next restart. Montoya will have the best car by far but will either hit the wall or speed on pit road and swear on his kids life it wasn't his fault.

The race will start, race hard for 5 laps and then go single file till the next restart. Montoya will have the best car by far but will either hit the wall or speed on pit road and swear on his kids life it wasn't his fault.

100% correct.

Back
Top Bottom