custom titles possible?

P

Parkfan

Is there any way you can have your title under your name changed? The reason I ask is because at forums similar to this one, they have custom titles, and adds a nice little touch, imo.

i doesnt appear to be a standard in this version of the board software. It will have to be modded in. Or we will have to wait till the newest version of the software comes out.

I don't know I kinda like the fact that you have to "earn" your title.

I like the fact that you have to earn your title too, Dee. Maybe there is a way to make several titles to choose from when you reach certain milestones?

Yeah now that's a good idea Maj. just don't think people should be able to just but anything they want.

I've posted 1860 something messages in 2 months, do I get a medal ?

Originally posted by Happy29@Aug 17 2003, 04:15 AM
I've posted 1860 something messages in 2 months, do I get a medal ?
Yes Happy you eraned the medal for most post in thread games! :p

Originally posted by Highboy90@Aug 16 2003, 10:32 PM
Or pay for Vbulletin.
i already own 2 licenses for vB. And i dont think most members would want us to shut down the forums while we transfered post from IB to vB. plus the fact that theres always the chance that we would lose attachments during the import.

That'd be very hard to transfer it to VB, in my opinion Invision is a lot more easier to use in terms of member posting and administrator control.

vB3 is actually very easy in the admin panel now. and much easier to change in looks and styles. But the import is very difficult when it comes to attachments.
The newest version of IB is very nice though. I have been testing it for a while now. Once it goes public and out of beta/RC then we will be upgrading, the mods we use are alomost all in the new so hopefully there wont be much hackingto get what we want.

Originally posted by samcurry+Aug 17 2003, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samcurry @ Aug 17 2003, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Highboy90@Aug 16 2003, 10:32 PM
Or pay for Vbulletin.
i already own 2 licenses for vB. And i dont think most members would want us to shut down the forums while we transfered post from IB to vB. plus the fact that theres always the chance that we would lose attachments during the import. [/b][/quote]
With membership dropping since Paul left, I don't think that would be a problem in the long run. Just need to give a headsup before the transfer begins.

As for attachments, this is one reason I store them remotely on a second server. Not attachments per say but a uploader for members to use and then in return link to the images. Also gives you more control.

That shows how much I pay attenntion. We used to have em, but I didn't know they were no longer here. Its no big deal.

How long do I have to be a punk rookie, I'm no old fart but I quit being a punk about 15 yrs ago

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 4 2003, 06:29 PM
How long do I have to be a punk rookie, I'm no old fart but I quit being a punk about 15 yrs ago
You will lose your punk rookie status at post number 200. Get to postin! ;)

Back
Top Bottom