CUTTING THROUGH THE bull****....WHO WINS THIS THING?

I think strong arguments can be made for either Truax or Byron to be the odds on favorites. I could easily flip those two for the championship.

But I will predict the top 4 in order.

1. William Byron
2. Martin Truax Jr
3. Chris Buescher
4. Kyle Larson

Dark horse or bigget upset potential: Christopher Bell, but they need better pit work.
As the rounds count down Toyota should move some of their faster hands to Bells crew from any of their eliminated teams. He might have won it all last year with better late race pit stops at Avondale.

Whoever we throw out there at this point is a wild a$$ guess. So many variables this year makes it a wide open contest.

Do not like Phoenix being the “leader take all” finale, but it is. I pick Byron as my guesstimate winner, but could just as easily be Truex, Buscher or even Chastain (Ross is the least consistent so I’m not counting on that).

Dark horse or bigget upset potential: Christopher Bell, but they need better pit work.
I picked Bell before the season started as my championship winner. I had him having a "breakout" year similar to Byron, but hes been pretty disappointing so far. So I agree with you that he could ramp up and be the upset.

I think strong arguments can be made for either Truax or Byron to be the odds on favorites. I could easily flip those two for the championship.

But I will predict the top 4 in order.

1. William Byron
2. Martin Truax Jr
3. Chris Buescher
4. Kyle Larson

As the rounds count down Toyota should move some of their faster hands to Bells crew from any of their eliminated teams. He might have won it all last year with better late race pit stops at Avondale.

I picked Bell before the season started as my championship winner. I had him having a "breakout" year similar to Byron, but hes been pretty disappointing so far. So I agree with you that he could ramp up and be the upset.
If Bell shows up in the Playoffs, he becomes the new closer. Last year's run was amazing....he does this two years in a row, and this becomes his character.

If Larsons luck turns around, he's my pick, bias aside. Too much speed all year and likely battles for regular season title with 4 wins if not for Hamlin and Ross wrecking him 2 times a piece.

The reliable autoracinganalytics website shows this as well, top 4 car in speed all year, top 2 or 3 in wreck frequency, near the top of position retainment as well.

5 car is absolutely fast enough to win it all this year.

Their question is: Can they have enough mistake free/bad luck free races to make the final 4? 2 wins and only top 7 playoff points for the speed they've had this year isn't a sign.

Don't know if they get to the final 4, if he does, I got a feeling Cliff and Kyle get them #2.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Max chaos time

Bubba wins the championship while Chase goes on a tear and the #9 wins the owners title. Chase fans spend next year calling Chase the “real champion.”

Medium chaos is Dennis winning the championship instead.
I honestly would be content with Hamlin winning a title. He's had a great career and tbh I feel he deserves one

I’m a 9, 5, 48 and 10 fan. Obviously I only have one dog left in the fight, but I’ve really warmed up to McDowell the past couple years and I would love to see him go deep.

First four out....final four...whatevs....Who wins? I will start....MT ****** J baby!
Wow really going out there on a limb by picking the regular season champ and a guy that won 3 races. With Toyota having the top 2 and three of the top 4 in the regular season, if they don't win the championship it will be a big time choke job. Hopefully that happens and the whole Hamlin/TRD situation ends poorly for both of them.

I feel like it may finally be Denny's time. Of course if not him them maybe a real longshot like
<---this guy right here.

I'm a fan so that would be great, but almost as much to see the trucker cap & mirrored shades crown loose their ever loving minds.

Willy B takes the “Liberty” of sweeping Phoenix as a championship 4 contender in 2023.

Wow really going out there on a limb by picking the regular season champ and a guy that won 3 races. With Toyota having the top 2 and three of the top 4 in the regular season, if they don't win the championship it will be a big time choke job. Hopefully that happens and the whole Hamlin/TRD situation ends poorly for both of them.
Hard to tell if your response is authentic, or you are just being an ass...but it's important to point out that last year's Regular Season Champion did not win the Championship.

I feel like it may finally be Denny's time. Of course if not him them maybe a real longshot like
<---this guy right here.

I'm a fan so that would be great, but almost as much to see the trucker cap & mirrored shades crown loose their ever loving minds.
I cannot like this post more....

If Larsons luck turns around, he's my pick, bias aside. Too much speed all year and likely battles for regular season title with 4 wins if not for Hamlin and Ross wrecking him 2 times a piece.

The reliable autoracinganalytics website shows this as well, top 4 car in speed all year, top 2 or 3 in wreck frequency, near the top of position retainment as well.

5 car is absolutely fast enough to win it all this year.

Their question is: Can they have enough mistake free/bad luck free races to make the final 4? 2 wins and only top 7 playoff points for the speed they've had this year isn't a sign.

Don't know if they get to the final 4, if he does, I got a feeling Cliff and Kyle get them #2.

I really like Cliff. Big talent.

1 - Ross Chastain :booya:
2 - Don't care
3 - Don't care
4 - Don't care

I feel certain this surprises no one here on the forum.:D
Awesome post. Freaking love this. Well done.

Reactions: sdj
Damn good point, and neither do I....Having said that MTJ could have easily won in '21.
Yeah that's true, I kinda forgot how that one played out with cautions and such. It looked like it was gonna be Elliott, Truex, and Larson all at different parts of that one.

You know what. I think Chris Buescher is a real threat to win it, he and RFK have found something and are on a roll lately.

But it’s more than likely William. Which I’m good with.

Agreed. Buescher and Blaney are my two favorite non-Hendrick drivers. As much as I would love to see Byron win his first title, I would be ecstatic to see Buescher win it.

I think Chris Buescher is the most underrated driver in NASCAR, and I'm glad everyone is finally recognizing that he's truly capable of competing for a Cup championship. Very happy to see RFK making progress.

Chris Buescher has been fantastic this past month. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a deep playoff run. I'm a Ford guy so maybe I'm a little biased, but still, they have speed.

Back
Top Bottom