Daijiro Kato Passes on

N

NateDogg

motogp.com

The world-wide MotoGP community was today in mourning for one of its brightest stars, after the tragic death of Daijiro Kato. Tributes have poured in from well-wishers from all corners of the globe, whilst some of the most prominent members of the Grand Prix paddock have shared their despair and sent their heartfelt condolences to Kato´s family and friends.

Team boss Fausto Gresini, who is on his way to Japan with the rest of the Telefonica Movistar Honda Gresini team, said: `There is very little to say. Myself and the team are on our way to Japan to say our final goodbye to Daijiro. He has died after thirteen days of deep coma. I don´t know what to say. I am destroyed ´.

The former 250cc World Champion suffered head, neck and chest injuries in the accident and has been fighting for his life in the intensive care unit of the hospital, where he passed away on Sunday morning at 00:42 local time. Kato, 26, leaves behind a widow and two children.

================

I am at a loss for words...You never think this is going to happen and after his crash I just kept thinking he has the best medical attention and the best organized sport to be in. I can't believe it. My condolenses go out to his family. :lilangel: RIP

Back
Top Bottom