Dale Jarrett

It' about time someone puts a rests to some of the rumors.

Originally posted by Purdue Fan@Aug 1 2003, 07:51 PM
It' about time someone puts a rests to some of the rumors.
Amen! :salute:

Stewart, Jarrett. OK Ward Burton what are you going to do. :D

Dale is even more pissed with the media than the NOL article indicates. Part of it is no doubt frustration with the teams performance of late, but he is taking this personally and is insulted by it.

I do not think this tongue lashing of the media stems from this one rumor. Remeber last year when Tony was getting roasted pretty good the photographer deal and then the fan pushing incident? Who stood up in the drivers meeting in support of Tony? DJ....... And when Tony won his crown who came and spoke somethng privately to him on the stage at Homestead? DJ......... I kinda think DJ told Tony the equivalent of "screw the media"

Anyways DJ had a lot more to say today:

DO YOU THINK YOU'VE BEEN DRAGGED INTO ANOTHER DRIVER'S MESS? A LOT OF THIS SEEMS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH WHAT'S GOING ON WITH TONY STEWART. "Maybe so. I don't even know how many people have talked to Tony about what he's doing. You see that, but I have no idea where that would've started. Why anyone would've thought I would've been going back to Joe Gibbs. Matter of fact, I haven't even talked to Joe Gibbs this year, other than one time when we talked about golf. It wasn't even about racing. I guess maybe that was a part of it. Again, it's just natural when everything's not going well for people to start speculating, I guess. But when you start speculating, you don't realize people's lives you affect out here. I can handle this stuff. It makes me angry because I think each and every one of you have to, if you're honest, you'd say I've been as cooperative as anybody that you've ever dealt with, in this sport in particular. That I've always answers questions and I've honest about your questions, and sometimes I've said things I've felt from my heart that maybe weren't the right things to say, but that's the way that I felt. So it angers me to know that people start putting things out there that are very untrue, and however I got started in this mess. If anybody would've just come to me, I'd tell you what's going to happen. If there was anything going on, I would tell you, 'This is what I'm gonna do and be at.' I've said for years that it wasn't just whenever things were going well that I intended on being at Robert Yates until the end of my career. I'm telling you that whenever things aren't going so well that I intend on being there because I feel a responsibility because I helped get this team started and help build it to a championship-caliber team and I'm gonna be there as we build that back again."

There is more if ya want to read the whole press conference:

Story Link

Back
Top Bottom