Dale Jr. re-upps with DEI

H

Happy29

Sources tell [PRN] after two recent meetings between Teresa Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt, Jr., thet he has signed a contract with Dale Earnhardt Inc.[DEI], The first one the 28-year-old has ever had with the team his Dad started. The deal is said to be for five years and they'll make an official announcement at Charlotte later this week.(PRN's Garage Pass Radio Show/Sporting News)
AND ....Now that Junior finally signed his contract -- the announcement was delayed by his injury at Dover -- everyone can get back to business. DEI probably will announce the deal this week: Junior will drive the No. 8 for the next five years.

Originally posted by bowtie@Oct 7 2003, 10:15 AM
I really had no doubts, now its championship time. :D
I was worried though...heaven forbid we see Junior in a Ford!!!

I am with you guys...just hipe....he wasn't going any where.

Looks like the reports of the signing were premature...

From NASCAR.com

MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Contrary to recent reports, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has signed no contractual agreement with Dale Earnhardt, Inc., a source close to DEI told NASCAR.com Tuesday.

The source said that, while the deal is nearly done, Earnhardt's "name is on no papers yet."

Earlier this week, it was reported that Earnhardt had two meetings with Teresa Earnhardt -- DEI team owner and Junior's stepmother -- and that he had signed a five-year contract with DEI.

Much has been made of the season-long contractual tug-of-war between Earnhardt Jr. and Teresa Earnhardt. Team sources say several hang-ups have arisen, most of which have been resolved.

But, according to the source, some such disagreements remain and that Earnhardt is standing firm and has signed nothing.

Is ir just me or does it seem that jr. does'nt like his stepmother very well.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 7 2003, 09:54 PM
I don't know if it is that.

I still think he will resign with DEI.

I wonder if the deal has anything in it about the "special plates"?

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Oct 7 2003, 09:03 PM
I wonder if the deal has anything in it about the "special plates"?
Here we go :rolleyes:

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 7 2003, 07:54 PM
She just doesn't want Jr. screwing up what she worked *wink, wink* so hard to build!

Originally posted by TonyB@Oct 7 2003, 05:17 PM

From NASCAR.com

MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Contrary to recent reports, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has signed no contractual agreement with Dale Earnhardt, Inc., a source close to DEI told NASCAR.com Tuesday.

The source said that, while the deal is nearly done, Earnhardt's "name is on no papers yet."

Earlier this week, it was reported that Earnhardt had two meetings with Teresa Earnhardt -- DEI team owner and Junior's stepmother -- and that he had signed a five-year contract with DEI.

Much has been made of the season-long contractual tug-of-war between Earnhardt Jr. and Teresa Earnhardt. Team sources say several hang-ups have arisen, most of which have been resolved.

But, according to the source, some such disagreements remain and that Earnhardt is standing firm and has signed nothing.
I'd like to see that boy's ass in RCR ! Well, hopefully

Originally posted by Happy29+Oct 7 2003, 09:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Happy29 @ Oct 7 2003, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TonyB@Oct 7 2003, 05:17 PM

From NASCAR.com

I'd like to see that boy's ass in RCR ! Well, hopefully [/b][/quote]
oh hell yea, have jr. replace harvick and return the paint job back to the original black and silver(no pink)
and put the 3 back on the doors. :p

Dale Jr. will never replace Harvick, and it's not pink, it's orange, and Dale Jr. could never drive the 3 for all the gold in the federal reserve

ummm have you seen the 29 in person? sure looked like a florescent pink to me in kansas

Well, if you've been on the forum a long time then you know I DONT LIKE BEING FUDGED WITH.

Let's settle down folks, I dont want to take this any further than it already has.

sorry for being inapproprite I was just tryin to be funny

Well your humor goes beyond the usage guidelines. My suggestion is to watch your words next time, you're offending alot of the boards viewers.

While I would dearly love to see Junior in a black #3 for RCR, the emtional baggage is just too much to ask him to take on. Not even mentioning trying to live up to the standards set by that car.

I think Teresa and Junior will get things worked out, and all will be well at the Garage Mahal.

Sorry for my comment TRL. It just seems like with every single day that passes, this forum is becoming less and less appropriate to come and talk about racing.

if jr. goes to rcr i was the first to bring it up. even though i didnt believe when i heard it.

Idon't really see junior going anywhere that he may not be considered the "top dog" of that team. I don't think that he & Havoc could get along as they would fight for the premier rcr driver status. That being said, I don't see him at Hendrick or Gibbs either. He would be overshadowed at those teams as well. Actually, dei is one of the only teams with good equipment that he would fit, other than maybe Ganassi or Evernham. Just my take. :wacko:

Originally posted by Gollum@Oct 7 2003, 06:35 PM
Holy Cow Pbunch where in the world have you been
New company is keeping me busy as all get out Gollum. I really miss the forums, I just can't seem to get much free time. I am not complaining to much though. ^_^ Gotta make hay while the sun shines. B)

Back
Top Bottom