Dale Sr. = Tax Evasion

It doesn't bother me at all that these people avoided paying these taxes. Sounds like they just played the system. What does this country do with all of our tax dollars anyway? They just go to welfare programs for corporations and individuals. If this government cares so much about collecting money from us poor suckers, why do they constantly forgive foreign countries humongous (sp) debts they owe us?

:bleh:IRS

Trish, maybe you should move to a different country if you don't like paying taxes.

I had no idea that all of our taxes only went to corporations. That's news to me.

And I pay my taxes. The money that we give other countries are my tax dollars. The money they don't have to pay back.

The money goes into many, many programs.

If you honestly think that all your taxes are used only for corporate welfare and other countries, you are terribly misinformed.

If you need to know every single program that uses tax dollars, I would suggest writing congress.

Are you asking me to list every single program that uses tax dollars?

Just 10 of them; 5 minimum

Not including:

Military Spending
Space Program

Tax money is used for a variety of things. Most of them do NOT go to corporations. There are numerous programs that recieve their funding due to taxes. Programs such as: Health care, Tax Relief, Aerospace, Defense, Transportation, Child care, Welfare, Education and many, many others. Most people do not understand how tough that everyday life would be without these programs. And most people have the misconception that they never see any of their tax dollars at work. Which is so wrong that it's not even funny. Avoiding paying your taxes is serious business and it doesn't matter if you make 15,000 a year or 150,000,000 a year you should have to pay your taxes. And in full.

How can you say not to include those two when they are both very essential to the well being of our country?

Ok, but I was really hoping that as an educated American, you would already have known where your money was going.

Let's see, taxes pay for the military, taxes pay for public education, taxes pay for state construction projects, taxes pay for environmental programs, taxes pay for scientific research....etc etc.

You really didn't know any of that? You really thought all your taxes were going to corporate welfare?

You have a right to your opinion and you applaud Dale Sr for being a crook, but I, as a hard working American, pay my taxes every year. I'm tired of the rich being able to get away with this crap. All these corporations that had nothing but reported billions in profits, fleecing their employee's 401k's and whatnot. I don't like paying taxes either, but I'm not going to not pay them, everyone else has to, I'm no different. Even if I'm your favorite driver.

Originally posted by B.C. - 24
How can you say not to include those two when they are both very essential to the well being of our country?
I don't know what you are talking about. I just asked him not to name them. I already know about them.

OMB site For those who need a little homework to do, this is a PDF file from the OMB.

The Citizen's Guide is an easy-to-read short overview of the Budget of the U.S. Government. Among other things, the Citizen's Guide provides highlights of the President's 2003 Budget, a glossary to aid in understanding budget terms, and discussion of the relationship between the economy, taxes and the budget.

Originally posted by paul
Ok, but I was really hoping that as an educated American, you would already have known where your money was going.

Let's see, taxes pay for the military, taxes pay for public education, taxes pay for state construction projects, taxes pay for environmental programs, taxes pay for scientific research....etc etc.

You really didn't know any of that?  You really thought all your taxes were going to corporate welfare?  

You have a right to your opinion and you applaud Dale Sr for being a crook, but I, as a hard working American, pay my taxes every year.  I'm tired of the rich being able to get away with this crap.  All these corporations that had nothing but reported billions in profits, fleecing their employee's 401k's and whatnot.  I don't like paying taxes either, but I'm not going to not pay them, everyone else has to, I'm no different.  Even if I'm your favorite driver.
What is the purpose of tax shelters? You would not use one? Is what they did illegal, or did they use the system to their advantage? I'm just getting sick of an ever increasing bureaucracy taking more and more. If there was a true accounting of where this money went, I would know...but there is not. And there are plenty of people getting a free ride.

Originally posted by barelypure
OMB site For those who need a little homework to do, this is a PDF file from the OMB.

The Citizen's Guide is an easy-to-read short overview of the Budget of the U.S. Government. Among other things, the Citizen's Guide provides highlights of the President's 2003 Budget, a glossary to aid in understanding budget terms, and discussion of the relationship between the economy, taxes and the budget.

Originally posted by trish
And there are plenty of people getting a free ride.

Including tax evaders.

But again, I really think you should do some reading about the American government. If you had no idea where your taxes are going, you're entering this gun fight with a toothpick.

Including tax evaders.

But again, I really think you should do some reading about the American government.  If you had no idea where your taxes are going, you're entering this gun fight with a toothpick.
You think you know where ALL the money goes? :ROFLMFAO:

No I don't. But I know it goes to more places than "corporate welfare", as you were implying.

The highways you drive on are built and maintained with your tax dollars. Can you imagine what it would be like if we didn't have the highway system?

I'm old enough to remember the highways before the Interstate system came into being. Believe me, those dollars were well spent.

No I don't.  But I know it goes to more places than "corporate welfare", as you were implying.
Oh...I don't doubt there are other kinds of welfare too.

This thread reminds me of the one about driver's who cheat. A lot of them do cheat. Some get caught. Some don't. If it's not illegal is it ok to do it - taxes, driving, etc.? Can you do it until you get caught? If you are doing it and then they make a rule saying you shouldn't do it was it illegal in the 1st place or does it become illegal if you continue to do it? At what point does your own personal ethics and beliefs come into play? If your neighbor is cheating and the only way to level the playing field is for you to cheat does that make it alright? Or, do you fight the good fight, and lose because you refuse to compromise your own set of standards? All too often those in power adopt the pose of what "is" is. Who wins? Who loses? And, does the average American even care anymore? :eek:

You're losing me.

First you said that taxes were only used for "coporate welfare" and "other countries". Now what is it that you're saying?

Did you read that OMB file? I suggest you do. :)

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
The highways you drive on are built and maintained with your tax dollars.  Can you imagine what it would be like if we didn't have the highway system?  

I'm old enough to remember the highways before the Interstate system came into being.  Believe me, those dollars were well spent.
TexasRaceLady, things like highways, public health, military spending, space program spending, etc., do not bother me. I just believe that there is also alot more waste out there. I would like to know where ALL the money is going. Occasionally, your local news program will run a story on your tax dollars at work. It is usually not very flattering.

So it's ok to just not pay them?

I also suggest moving to another country.

So it's ok to just not pay them?

I also suggest moving to another country.
Are you suggesting that the Earnhardt's move to another country? As I said before, I pay my taxes. So, if I don't enjoy paying them, I should go somewhere else? Is that what you are saying?

Hey,
Under National Expenses don't forgot that all these Public Officials we get to elect get a retirement and medical benefits for the rest of their lives......in excess of their already inflated salaries. When is the last time we voted ourselves a raise, that would be nice to have. Pay taxes, cut the pork!!!!!!!!

Trish, you have totally lost me.

I give up, you win. You're right, it's ok to avoid paying taxes.

Trish, you have totally lost me.

I give up, you win.  You're right, it's ok to avoid paying taxes.
I just don't have a problem with people who use the financial tools available to minimize theirs.

Trish, maybe you should move to a different country if you don't like paying taxes.

I had no idea that all of our taxes only went to corporations.  That's news to me.
Who Likes Paying Taxes? Should all of us who don't LIKE it leave the country?

Hey Walrus, have you ever seen how much a public offical makes? It's not very much at all. You'd be suprised. I know they get pretty good benefits but as far as take home money there isn't much to live on.

For those who like to pay taxes please post your address. I'll gladly share mine. :)

BC 24,
By Public Officials I meant the Proffessional Politicians, compare the average net worth of one of those people to the government statistics for poverty level of a family of four. My point is that the people in office have enough money to get elected, receive large speaking fees, publish books and memoirs, and generally have more than adiquete (sp) financial resources to live far above the mean standards. They are not Statesmen, but rather an elite class that protect themselves and their cronies. If I'm not mistaken George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both started out wealthy men, who used their private resources to finance this beginning of this country and died bankrupt. I'm not saying that should be the norm, but how many of your friends open private libraries compared to public elected officials?

Back
Top Bottom