Dana Jacobson

D

Digger

What she said is much worse than Don Imus.

msnbc.com said:
ESPN anchor Dana Jacobson has been suspended for one week for her expletive-filled, drunken rant at a roast for ESPN Radio personalities Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic at Atlantic City, N.J. on Jan. 11, the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday.

The Press of Atlantic City said that Jacobson, who co-hosts "First Take" on ESPN2, "made an absolute fool of herself, swilling vodka from a Belvedere bottle, mumbling along and cursing like a sailor as Mike & Mike rested their heads in their hands in embarrassment."

ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz would not confirm to the Chicago Tribune about the suspension but said, "Her actions and comments were inappropriate and we've dealt with it."

I noticed, a) the MSM isn't playing her tyraid, b) Jesse and Al aren't calling for her suspension, and c) they don't state anywhere that she also attacked religion.

Is this because she's a woman? Is it because she's hot (barelypure, she's single :growl:)? Is it because she commented on Christianity (whereas if it was an attack on Islam, she'd be long gone), or is it because she didn't insult the poor black folk.

I don't care if she's won an Edward Murrow award, ESPN needs to can her azz.

Now all she said was:
Eff Notre Dame
Eff Touchdown Jesus
Eff Jesus Christ
All of this is covered under the 1st Amendment. But, then so was what Imus said and Cosell and Jimmy the Greek, etc.
IOW, I don't have a problem with what she said (well I do but that's me and I will acknowledge her right to say whatever stupid crap she wants to say) just that there is an apparent double standard in the MSM. And, yes if she had said eff Allah I believe her punishment would have been to Iraq covering the war on the front lines.

Now all she said was:
Eff Notre Dame
Eff Touchdown Jesus
Eff Jesus Christ
All of this is covered under the 1st Amendment. But, then so was what Imus said and Cosell and Jimmy the Greek, etc.
IOW, I don't have a problem with what she said (well I do but that's me and I will acknowledge her right to say whatever stupid crap she wants to say) just that there is an apparent double standard in the MSM. And, yes if she had said eff Allah I believe her punishment would have been to Iraq covering the war on the front lines.

I defended Imus, and I'm going to defend Dana.

I was somewhat offended by her remarks, but she has a right to say it. I'm bashing the leftist media more than I am Dana. The hypocrisy of the left is astounding, and this is a case of it.

BTW, you never responded to the part where Dana's single bp. ;)

dana1.jpg

She's alright but Iv seen much better

I don't get too upset with most things, but that was pretty offensive to me. I used to watch that show pretty often, but will certainly not watch it any longer if she is on it. I'm not saying she should be fired, as I don't own ESPN that isn't my decision. I'm just saying that I will not watch the show as long as she is on there. I just don't think I could take her seriously or have much of anything but disgust in mind when I see her from here on.

Her apology (if you could even call it that) was rediculous. She said stuff like "I respect all religions (of course she does, isn't it obvious by her comments? :rolleyes: ), these do not reflect my true feelings (well then who's opinions came flying out of your piehole then? :mad: ) and that she hoped that her poorly chosen words would not be held against her (then who should be held accountable for them? :confused: ).

First of all i could care less what she did, she has the right to say anything she wants, then suffer the consequences. I don't watch her show very often and never thought she was hot......so i guess what i'm trying to say is ...she wrote her own ticket and won't have much of a career from here on out. Oh well, her stupidity got her in the mess she is in, so it is her responsibility to deal with the consequences.

I don't get too upset with most things, but that was pretty offensive to me. I used to watch that show pretty often, but will certainly not watch it any longer if she is on it. I'm not saying she should be fired, as I don't own ESPN that isn't my decision. I'm just saying that I will not watch the show as long as she is on there. I just don't think I could take her seriously or have much of anything but disgust in mind when I see her from here on.

Her apology (if you could even call it that) was rediculous. She said stuff like "I respect all religions (of course she does, isn't it obvious by her comments? :rolleyes: ), these do not reflect my true feelings (well then who's opinions came flying out of your piehole then? :mad: ) and that she hoped that her poorly chosen words would not be held against her (then who should be held accountable for them? :confused: ).

Well see I can't say I'm going to stop watching her show and let the ratings decide her fate. I never watched her show to begin with so I got nothing to give up. Actually until she made news for the roast I didn't even know she existed. And, after reading what she said I gots even less use for her...

Back
Top Bottom