Danica- coming back to Indycar?

JW1

Team Owner
I guess the way she's talking, she will be losing her ride next year. The Rahals would like to see her come back. I don't think she should have ever left.

Is money more than success? Maybe, I guess. But I think she would have really had a successful career in IndyCar. Water under the bridge.

I'd love to see her come back. I loved seeing her being arrogant and egotistical. It's like they say..........if you got it- flaunt it!!

I'd welcome her back. How 'bout you? Any thoughts?

While I wouldn't mind seeing her get a ride in any form of motorsports, I think she's done. Didn't she say she wasn't interested in coming back to IndyCar? I'd like to see her try IMSA but the last comments I read, I interpreted her as saying she was interested only in a competitive Cup ride.

I just hope she stays in motorsports anywhere!

I guess the way she's talking, she will be losing her ride next year. The Rahals would like to see her come back. I don't think she should have ever left.

Is money more than success? Maybe, I guess. But I think she would have really had a successful career in IndyCar. Water under the bridge.

I'd love to see her come back. I loved seeing her being arrogant and egotistical. It's like they say..........if you got it- flaunt it!!

I'd welcome her back. How 'bout you? Any thoughts?

IndyCar didn't want her because she was too needy and IndyCar couldn't handle the publicity she brought to herself and IndyCar. Plus there's too many road courses, she's a oval racer.

IndyCar didn't want her because she was too needy and IndyCar couldn't handle the publicity she brought to herself and IndyCar. Plus there's too many road courses, she's a oval racer.
Where did you read that at I missed that one. I read somewhere yesterday that there is a chance she might be going to Roush-Fenway but it's not final yet. I can't remember who wrote the article though.

I read on Racer.com a wayyyy while back from Robin Miller articles that she was Toxic at Andretti and didnt get along with those folks one bit but I cant cite the article nor have time to find it. I wish she'd go back to Indy, I though she could have done really well in that series.

I read on Racer.com a wayyyy while back from Robin Miller articles that she was Toxic at Andretti and didnt get along with those folks one bit but I cant cite the article nor have time to find it. I wish she'd go back to Indy, I though she could have done really well in that series.
Plenty of drivers are lousy fits with one team but work well with another. Over in NASCAR, Kyle Busch didn't fit at Hendrick, and Joey Logano was pretty rank with Joe Gibbs.

Plenty of drivers are lousy fits with one team but work well with another. Over in NASCAR, Kyle Busch didn't fit at Hendrick, and Joey Logano was pretty rank with Joe Gibbs.
well I remember thinking that too and not holding it against her at all really. But that expedited her exit from Andretti is the jist of the article

She didn't make that. Not even close. 27th. She has more money than she knows what to do with though.

I think she's established in her mind that it's Cup or bust. Doesn't seem like she's interested in taking on a new project at this stage in her life.

She really doesnt need NASCAR or auto racing at this point, she has so many other things to keep her busy, I think racing would just get in the way of her current endeavors.

blue92 I have eyes and I watched her race, that being from a huge DP fan but she lost me when she came out and said her goad for this year was to run in the top 15. That's the last thing a sponsor wants to hear from a driver.
That has nothing to do with your statements that IndyCar didn't want her or that it couldn't handle the publicity.

Sources, please.

Your going to have to convenes her because she doesn't want to do road courses any more.
I well aware that what I'd like to see her do professionally and what she wants aren't even close. What I expect she'll actually wind up doing is selling yoga / workout clothing and otherwise leveraging her popularity without ever again running a competitive lap in any form of racing.

I well aware that what I'd like to see her do professionally and what she wants aren't even close. What I expect she'll actually wind up doing is selling yoga / workout clothing and otherwise leveraging her popularity without ever again running a competitive lap in any form of racing.
yep, and I bet she will make the rounds of the women's daytime show circuit.

I hear Tony saying the exact same thing about Eric as he said about Danica when she 1st came into Cup, so when did Tony loose all those loving feelings for Danica? Haven't seen Tony say squat about her all season.

I hear Tony saying the exact same thing about Eric as he said about Danica when she 1st came into Cup, so when did Tony loose all those loving feelings for Danica? Haven't seen Tony say squat about her all season.
My guess is the Natures Bakery debacle took a lot of wind out of the sails of enthusiasm.
And there is the performance thing.

Yeah I'm shocked she never won. Like I expected with a good team she'd be moderately competitive, not a backmarker in top equipment

So does this mean there's NO women race car drivers now? Is NA$CAR now a guys only club (as far as drivers go)?

There are at least two women in IMSA, including one who is a defending champion in her class. Jennifer Jo Cobb is still in the Truck series although she's never been competitive. Actually, I think Cobb's been running Trucks longer than Patrick was in Cup. NASCAR has young women in many of the lower tier series; @AndyMarquisLive has documented many of them.

So does this mean there's NO women race car drivers now? Is NA$CAR now a guys only club (as far as drivers go)?

Don't forget about Pippa Mann. I know she doesn't have a permanent ride, but she doesn't do all that bad in the Indy 500.

And if you ever saw how she signs autographs and talks to each and every kid and takes the time to pose for a picture with each one of them, you'd realize what a classy lady and a terrific person she is.

IndyCar should have more like her.

:)

NOOO!!!!!! She needs to stay away from Indycar! They will revoke my media credentials in St Pete if I have to sit there and here about her 21 place finish after qualifying last! She’s TALENTLESS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, new guy.

Never wana be noticed by being negative but lol ya this topic uh lets just say no one misses her! Lol hello Charlie! Nice to meet ya, ISCPPODCAST Is our twitter, its just what im used too

Don't forget about Pippa Mann. I know she doesn't have a permanent ride, but she doesn't do all that bad in the Indy 500.

And if you ever saw how she signs autographs and talks to each and every kid and takes the time to pose for a picture with each one of them, you'd realize what a classy lady and a terrific person she is.

IndyCar should have more like her.

:)

I’m sorry, lol true Pippa Mann puts on a great face for fans when they show up at the scheduled time and all that... try to get her to sign something or talk to her when shes not scheduled to do so lol i really need to get off this app before i get myself in allot of trouble!

I’m sorry, lol true Pippa Mann puts on a great face for fans when they show up at the scheduled time and all that... try to get her to sign something or talk to her when shes not scheduled to do so lol i really need to get off this app before i get myself in allot of trouble!

I did and she was very nice to me.

Welcome, new dude. You're not going to get in trouble around here for expressing a negative opinion, although you'll likely catch it for doing a poor job of it (as has been demonstrated).

Back
Top Bottom