Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

"Will likely take decades to see anyone even challenge her legacy."

I'm sure Brad meant that as a tribute to Danica but gods, that's a depressing notion. I hope the field is full of competitive females long before decades pass.

It's ill-informed.

Someone should introduce Brad Keselowski to Julia Landauer, Hailie Deegan, Macy Causey and one of my favorites, Haley Moody:wub:.

Introductory links included.

Holy... this was expected, but unexpected. ;) Love her or hate her, she's done her job for NASCAR. :)

this is legit a very very sad day. its my birthday and damn this.
Have to hope something happens like shes in the 77.......

Happy B-Day DF, and I feel your pain as well. Not only does it look like my favorite driver DP is done, but my second driver JR is done as well.:(

this is legit a very very sad day. its my birthday and damn this.
Have to hope something happens like shes in the 77.......
Dang, well I guess you will never forget the day of the announcement.
I have kinda been preparing myself most of the season for this. We need
to get some more women in the NASCAR ranks pipeline. Getting a little burned
out on the young gun movement I guess because there are so many of them.
Happy bday btw!

Maybe @DanicaFreak can have a new favorite driver in nice, cute, pretty Haley Moody.
28-jack-sparrow-quotes.gif

Why did she get out of Indycars again?

She had better luck there.

And by luck, you mean a rain shower.

Top 10s and 5s came a lot easier though. Hell she even won a couple of poles.

The poor girl has to do black magic to even sniff a top 10 in NASCAR. LOL

Top 10s and 5s came a lot easier though. Hell she even won a couple of poles.

The poor girl has to do black magic to even sniff a top 10 in NASCAR. LOL

I couldn't help myself. But yeah you're right. I was really rooting for her last weekend. Top 3 lap times on the long run until AD punted her.

I couldn't help myself. But yeah you're right. I was really rooting for her last weekend. Top 3 lap times on the long run until AD punted her.
Yeah, she was having a great night , it was a shame that she wasnt able to get that decent finish to show for it .

This is not a dig at her, but half has many cars run in Indycar vs NASCAR, even with the smaller car count, that is a lot more impressive than her NASCAR numbers

I'd like to see NASCAR take the less is more approach that F1 and Indycar does. Well most motorsports do from cars to bikes.

You have a lot of terrible runners in NASCAR filling out 25th place on back. I also think in Indycar the street and road courses make up for the lack of cars. Very challenging.

I'd like to see NASCAR take the less is more approach that F1 and Indycar does. Well most motorsports do from cars to bikes.

You have a lot of terrible runners in NASCAR filling out 25th place on back. I also think in Indycar the street and road courses make up for the lack of cars. Very challenging.
Popularity ,lack of exposure, advertising. ...you name it Indy doesn't have it.

I kinda hate to see Danica go, because she did bring a lot of fans to the sport that otherwise wouldn't have given two sh!ts about NASCAR. But the performance just wasn't there. 2017 Danica hasn't really performed any different than 2013 Danica, the improvement never came. I do wish her well in whatever she does next.

I think its been established that shes proficient in running fast lap times by herself. She just cant race.

She actually raced really well the other night, right up until the pissing match with Austin Dillon.

I guess the new sponsor wanted someone new behind the wheel of the 10 machine.

No they wanted someone behind the wheel who would not go out and promote their competition's product. SHR had to go to court earlier this year because Nature's Bakery pulled out of their deal after Danica was seen promoting a competitors bakery goods. If you notice4d you saw Nature's Bakery all over the other cars as associate sponsors after the court hearings.

No they wanted someone behind the wheel who would not go out and promote their competition's product. SHR had to go to court earlier this year because Nature's Bakery pulled out of their deal after Danica was seen promoting a competitors bakery goods. If you notice4d you saw Nature's Bakery all over the other cars as associate sponsors after the court hearings.
Umm, no, NB realized they bit off more than they could chew and could no longer afford to pay SHR the agreed upon amount of money for sponsorship.

Back
Top Bottom