Darlington bone head of the race

I gotta give it to KB.

KDB indeed, a punk child who's temper tantrum could have gotten someone killed. Agree that he should be fined and hit with a points penalty. Also do not expect much of that, if any, to happen from NASCAR. It could ultimately be helpful for him if they did whack him hard enough to give him new perspective. It took a solid punch in the mouth from Jimmy Spencer to give his older brother an attitude adjustment.

1: Kyle Busch. I think it's pretty self explanatory
2 and a damn close honorable mention: Defending Champ Chase Elliott making a season's worth of mistakes in one critical night putting himself in a perilous points situation. Missed pit road under green, missed pitting with leaders under last caution which led to him being back there with Bubba and Bell. Godawful performance from the Champ.

Tie between the a**hole in the 18 and NBC's Dale Jarrett, Jeff Burton and that damn piece of s**t driver scroll.

Insult to injury:

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Kyle Busch has been penalized for his actions after a mid-race wreck in Sunday’s Cook Out Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway, NASCAR announced Tuesday.

The pilot of the No. 18 Toyota Camry violated Sections 12.1.a; 12.5.2.5.a; 12.8.a of the NASCAR rulebook and has been fined $50,000 for a safety violation, actions detrimental to stock car racing and violating the NASCAR member conduct guidelines.

That's it?
Thats it. Maybe if he runs over someone the next time they will take action. And before I get accused of over reacting, when you are on pit road you expect possible danger but if you are behind a blocked off entrance to pit road with a headset on or nothing for that matter, you cannot hear a car coming so you can take evasive action. Bottom line everyone got lucky and I mean damn lucky.

I think the punishment fits the crime so to speak. Public embarrassment has to be considered along with the negative that the sponsors have to deal with. After all he has a kid's sponsor as his largest sponsor. And then the idiot cusses on national TV.

I think the punishment fits the crime so to speak. Public embarrassment has to be considered along with the negative that the sponsors have to deal with. After all he has a kid's sponsor as his largest sponsor. And then the idiot cusses on national TV.
The words I have not seen is "plus probation for rest of year."

Reactions: sdj
Friends: KDB was bad and it was serious, but we have more pressing concerns.

The biggest mistake was: Not hanging the gerbils during the second stage with piano string.
Jr has been playing I can scream quicker than Rick Allen "HE HAS A FLAT TIRE!!!!"

Kyle is the obvious one here so I'll go with whoever the idiot was that thought it was a good idea to leave Timmy Hill out on old tires in the Xfinity race. How he didn't wreck half the field amazes me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep but if I made that suggestion about Juniors they would just hang me instead.
Funny how that works like that...
But you're right.! The sports greatest t shirt salesman still has starry eyed fans who don't want to hear those nasty utterances.

Yep but if I made that suggestion about Juniors they would just hang me instead.
I hear ya, I just don't care, he has no business in the booth IMO, neither do the other three. Nobody can tell the difference between Burton and Jr and they both have voices that remind me of fingernails screeching on a chalk board

NASCAR gets my bonehead award. Cars are are allowed in & out of the garage area for mechanical repairs during a race the entrance / exit to the garage area should be kept clear of foot traffic.

NASCAR gets my bonehead award. Cars are are allowed in & out of the garage area for mechanical repairs during a race the entrance / exit to the garage area should be kept clear of foot traffic.
The area to the right of the cones is the opening for the pits and it is much sharper meaning that cars can't go flying into that busy entrance (unless your pull a bonehead and knock all of the cones down)

Right thats why everybody else understood the garage pattern at Darlington except Busch. That opening as you should have seen was also a pathway for teams transporting tires and fuel.

1: Kyle Busch. I think it's pretty self explanatory
2 and a damn close honorable mention: Defending Champ Chase Elliott making a season's worth of mistakes in one critical night putting himself in a perilous points situation. Missed pit road under green, missed pitting with leaders under last caution which led to him being back there with Bubba and Bell. Godawful performance from the Champ.

Maybe Chase just decided to get them all over with tonight so he can win in the end. :bounce: 💩 :puffin:

Kyle Busch deserves a 50 point penalty too.

The sad thing is, we already know he's had some kind of counseling. Granted, it was as a couple with Samantha, and not individually, but that reminded me of the Hornaday incident.

When Kyle gets hot, he's wreckless.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thats it. Maybe if he runs over someone the next time they will take action. And before I get accused of over reacting, when you are on pit road you expect possible danger but if you are behind a blocked off entrance to pit road with a headset on or nothing for that matter, you cannot hear a car coming so you can take evasive action. Bottom line everyone got lucky and I mean damn lucky.
I agree. It is just too obvious.
The most haunting thing I have seen at any race is when a car hit someone at GPS. It was before they redone the pits.
A car came into the pits without brakes and couldn't be stopped without hitting someone. Back then you only had cut-outs between the inside wall and the exit and entrance.

Thankfully it only broke the guys leg but I couldn't get it out my mind for quite some time. For the longest I would turn my head when someone entered the pits quickly.

Right or wrong I have always believed a driver always had a chance with a roll cage and the belts. A crew member or pedestrian doesn't have that chance.

I agree. It is just too obvious.
The most haunting thing I have seen at any race is when a car hit someone at GPS. It was before they redone the pits.
A car came into the pits without brakes and couldn't be stopped without hitting someone. Back then you only had cut-outs between the inside wall and the exit and entrance.

Thankfully it only broke the guys leg but I couldn't get it out my mind for quite some time. For the longest I would turn my head when someone entered the pits quickly.

Right or wrong I have always believed a driver always had a chance with a roll cage and the belts. A crew member or pedestrian doesn't have that chance.
I went to Myrtle Beach Speedway one night to watch an All Pro race and was standing in the Pit /parking area behind pit wall and they were qualifying. I was behind a hauler and had my head looking towards turn 1 watching a car run his lap then all of a sudden I catch a car out of the corner of my right eye and he turns in were Im standing and put me on the hood of his car. I was lucky I saw him and was able to get my feet up and my hand down on the hood. It was a guy named Randy Gentry who just finished his lap and had shut the motor off and didnt have a good lap and was pissed so he rolled straight back to his hauler and I happened to be standing there. My buddy Charles Powell III was standing there and saw it and went through the passenger side window and asked Gentry "does this f-ing thing have brakes on it". We just about had a throwdown but he apologised and it was over. The pits are a dangerous place and I always have my head on the swivel, even more so after that.

The 18 team obviously for giving him such a POS car as he told us all. If he had a car worthy of him would have been no problems and he wouldn’t have lost his mind. Happy Kyle is an under control Kyle.

Its obvious…..

Heavy on the
:sarcasm:….

The 50k penalty probably isn't enough to deter him from doing something like this again when he has another temper tantrum. Sitting out a race during the playoffs still might not get his attention...but it would probably get his sponsors attention and that would definitely get his car owners attention. When you are not winning races for your owner and sponsors on a regular basis you can't get away with things like you can when you are winning races. JGR should make him come in to the shop 5 days a week for a month and make him sweep the floors, clean the toilets, and take out the trash so he has time to think about the consequences of his dangerous and embarrassing actions...and they should have a NASCAR reporter come and interview him while he is doing it and televise it on Race Hub.

Last edited:
Eh, the KFB stuff is KFB....Bonehead MTJ....Fast as hell, but tried so hard not to win....and succeeded in that.

KyBu should have been parked and heck, for almost hitting those people maybe even charged with reckless endangerment. This was as juvenile and dangerous as when he ran Ron Hornaday into the wall under caution at Texas in 2011. He got parked and almost lost Mars Candy as a sponsor over that.

He's had 10 more years since then to grow up but he obviously hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom