Darlington (Goodyear 400) Pre-Race Thread

MIddle of Brasington grandstand, all the way up, looking down the front straightaway so I can see them panic going into the turn. Current forecast is partly sunny, mid-70s. I'll wave to y'all, and I may even use more than one finger.
Brasington is such a great place to sit. You are basically looking straight down the track like you are inside the fence and those bad boys are screaming coming right at you.

After discussing it with the wife, I think standard tower seats are the way to go. Not to mention the pit seats are 2X cost of best seats in stands. I also considered the DBC Podcast suite, but holy hell they're ridiculous. $1250 a person. Yeah, you can keep that. I don't need to meet Brett Griffin that bad. Holla.
They ought to pay you to be around Brett

Not a fan of the throwback schemes. They are a stretch. Need to let it go.....However, love this track and this event. Let's go!

Brasington is such a great place to sit. You are basically looking straight down the track like you are inside the fence and those bad boys are screaming coming right at you.
It definitely is in May. On Labor Day, the sun is in your eyes for the first 25% of the race. Between the direct sun and the reflected light off the cars themselves, it's difficult to tell which car is which. Pearson is better in the fall because the sun is behind you. You're looking at the back of the cars on the front stretch but at least you can see them.

Forecast for Sunday is sunny and a high of 68F!!! Birdwatching in the swamp on the track property in the morning, racing in the afternoon. Life is good!

It definitely is in May. On Labor Day, the sun is in your eyes for the first 25% of the race. Between the direct sun and the reflected light off the cars themselves, it's difficult to tell which car is which. Pearson is better in the fall because the sun is behind you. You're looking at the back of the cars on the front stretch but at least you can see them.

Forecast for Sunday is sunny and a high of 68F!!! Birdwatching in the swamp on the track property in the morning, racing in the afternoon. Life is good!
I saw that! Yesterday was too hot here in Charleston, a bit early for 94°

1651848710858.png

NWS: "Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. North wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph."

:eek2: <<puts the shorts and T-shirt back, goes for the jeans and long-sleeve, considers a hoodie>>

1651917758564.png

Anyone who thought the new car would make everything even and no one would be messing with the car was definitely mistaken. Just wish they'd be more open about the failures (body, suspension...)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Anyone who thought the new car would make everything even and no one would be messing with the car was definitely mistaken. Just wish they'd be more open about the failures (body, suspension...)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yeah we are all gobsmacked about it.

Track activity

• 10:30 – 11:05 a.m. — Cup practice (FS1)
  • 11:05 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Cup qualifying (Group A & B, single vehicle, one laps, two rounds, MRN, FS1)
  • 1:30 p.m. — Xfinity race (147 laps/200.1 miles; FS1, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)

Back
Top Bottom