Darlington (Goodyear 400) Pre-Race Thread

Will be interesting to see how viewership is today. Didn't realize it was basically right against the F1 race in Miami.

Maybe nascar isn't worried about it but a 1pm start time would have given them a nice jump on this deal.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
If Darlington started at 1 pm F1 fans wouldn't be able to watch the finish of the NASCAR race.
The F1 race will take about 90-100 minutes. By the time F1 is over there will be still be more than half the distance left at Darlington.

I guess since the weather isn't going to be an issue today, we had to find a different reason to fret about the start times. Is counter-programming the best we could do? If so, F1 isn't squat compared to the viewers lost when the NFL starts.

It's 2022; sports fans have DVRs. Record the one you're least likely to have spoiled, watch the other live.
Well, we have our professional worriers and whiners that do the hard work for us so we don't have too. The TV execs I am positive, appreciate the hard work they do when it comes to TV programming,

Chase’s business anger is brilliantly evil. They will put ANYTHING up for sale knowing there’s a huge base that will lap it up
I saw one the other day a guy custom built the 7 truck and put it on a monster truck chassis and was selling it for $200

I saw one the other day a guy custom built the 7 truck and put it on a monster truck chassis and was selling it for $200
IDK, when it comes to fanaticism, nobody can hold a candle to Jr nation IMO

1652022871248.png

It's also 2022 and I can't belive that when you have two, and only two, major motorsports events on the same day in the same market that the two sanctioning bodies couldn't work together for the benefit of both. I think how the indy 500 and the 600 do it makes a perfect day. Heck even NBC and fox finally realized it's better to work together than against one another when it comes to broadcasts.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The 500 and 600 is my favorite race day.

Man, only one food truck out here on the front. Two alcoholic ice cream vendors, one full bar, but the only eats outside the track entrance is an NC barbecue truck. There’s about 40 people in line.

Man, only one food truck out here on the front. Two alcoholic ice cream vendors, one full bar, but the only eats outside the track entrance is an NC barbecue truck. There’s about 40 people in line.
Sounds like you are enjoying yourself, how about a seat report?

I see on here and especially on social media, fans bitching about both races (F1 and NASCAR) going on at the same time. In my view it’s simple…watch what you want live and DVR the other one. I didn’t think it’d be the end of the world for some

I see on here and especially on social media, fans bitching about both races (F1 and NASCAR) going on at the same time. In my view it’s simple…watch what you want live and DVR the other one. I didn’t think it’d be the end of the world for some

I'm getting my old TV out and hooking it up now.

It's a literal racing revival in the states and people are getting upset.

Wild man. Closed-wheel, open-wheel, and sports cars have seen more interest and has shown growth over the past few years. Enjoy this time because its a awesome thing to see.

Wild man. Closed-wheel, open-wheel, and sports cars have seen more interest and has shown growth over the past few years. Enjoy this time because its a awesome thing to see.
I will say I agree, car enthusiasm seems to be up in general. I think with the advent of EV cars is creating more buzz in the car industry & more nostalgia for ICE vehicles, especially the muscle cars. Still, NASCAR running at 3:30 in Summer months is among the dumbest ideas ever for the simple fact that the United States is mostly muggy and stormy this time of year. This isn't golf where you can play in a sprinkle or get back out immediately after a lightning delay

I will say I agree, car enthusiasm seems to be up in general. I think with the advent of EV cars is creating more buzz in the car industry & more nostalgia for ICE vehicles, especially the muscle cars. Still, NASCAR running at 3:30 in Summer months is among the dumbest ideas ever for the simple fact that the United States is mostly muggy and stormy this time of year. This isn't golf where you can play in a sprinkle or get back out immediately after a lightning delay
I think you’re both right in a way. This is great to see auto racing so followed again. I love to see interest renewed in auto racing and in cars. I do wish the nascar races started at 12 pm central time, but it is what is. I’m going to take my wife for a 2pm meal for her first mother’s day as a mom so I’ll be watching Darlington when I get back. The F1 race will be watched later

I haven’t gone in yet. I’m birding around the swamp between the front and the main parking lot.

I can tell you some of these young ladies in Daisies and tank tops are gonna get cold before this afternoon ends.
They must be doing the college thrown down outside turn 2 again

Lol at fox staying with kdb until his grin fell off

Back
Top Bottom