Darlington Throwback Thread

I really like that Dale Sr. throwback, can't wait to see it @ the track.

It looks good, but half assed. They couldn't even get the number right (color).

IMO if you're going to do a proper throwback, do it right or don't do it at all. Although it's pretty much impossible to do it right, thanks to the stupid number placement we have now

Do any of ya post anything but a bunch of whining complaints?
For once I actually agree with you somewhat. I’ll admit, I do wish the number color was right on the 3 car, but it still looks really good regardless. Even if the numbers aren’t exactly in the place they use to be, which I point out every year since, they were in fact throwbacks before where the number in the original paint scheme wasn’t centered, and I don’t remember folks complaining about that. It’s just another excuse for them to hate the number placement, which doesn’t hurt the on track product at all

Curious, did Nascar outlaw contingency deacals off the new IROC cars they drive today?
They got rid of those as far back as the beginning of COVID, with the Gen 6, to allow teams to sell that space to sponsors. NASCAR, in turn, gave the contingency sponsors digital assets. Now that space is obviously mostly reserved for the number placement.

For once I actually agree with you somewhat. I’ll admit, I do wish the number color was right on the 3 car, but it still looks really good regardless. Even if the numbers aren’t exactly in the place they use to be, which I point out every year since, they were in fact throwbacks before where the number in the original paint scheme wasn’t centered, and I don’t remember folks complaining about that. It’s just another excuse for them to hate the number placement, which doesn’t hurt the on track product at all
Well I for once am glad somebody else started the throwback thread. We need more posters and less whiners that take cheap shots at everything that is posted.

1714009917938.gif
1714009960898.gif

It's amazing how North Wilkesboro last year turned out to be a spontaneously occurring throwback weekend. It seemed like a large number of the competitors and fans took it back to another time without any hype. Everyone just knew what the moment meant and showed up to celebrate a bygone era.

It's amazing how North Wilkesboro last year turned out to be a spontaneously occurring throwback weekend. It seemed like a large number of the competitors and fans took it back to another time without any hype. Everyone just knew what the moment meant and showed up to celebrate a bygone era.

Wilkesboro is a blast from the past in so many ways.

When I walked into that place, I was just overwhelmed with the feeling of nostalgia and history.

If the throwback gimmick continues, it should be at Wilkesboro.

Well this makes me feel incredibly old. JG just ran this in 2009-10 which was just yesterday….right….right ?

Well this makes me feel incredibly old. JG just ran this in 2009-10 which was just yesterday….right….right ?
It is still good to be on the right side of the grass.

Back
Top Bottom