David Crosby

It is amazing how good music takes you back, imo it is the best time travel machine, maybe the only real one.

When I hear this song I can remember as a HS sophomore when I worked at a full service Gulf gas station in the late 70's. After 10 pm the traffic would start slowing down and I could take in a some good songs on the radio before closing at midnight. It was good times my Dad, Uncle and Cousin Jerry could work on cars and fix them. They all they were older and bigger than life to me, and I wanted to be like them. This is one of the songs that lets me vividly revisit them.

Like the other great musicians he leaves us a timeless gift that endures longer than their own years. Well done David, thanks for the memories that are precious.

RIP

I heard this song for the first time while looking at sterero system at a store some time around 1981 or 82. The store was called the Music Machine and it was before Circut City or Best Buy shut them down.

The guy that ran the store put on some vinyl of that song on the system he was trying to sale and I bought my first reciever, turntable, and speakers system on the spot.

I bought some Crosby music today that should’ve already been in my library.
RIP, David. Thanks for entertaining us.

Back
Top Bottom