Daycare robbery

Bobw

Team Owner
Done without a gun too! Boys left Munchkin Land, (I love that name) for Leap Frog. While Leap Frog was more costly it cut out 45 miles a day, 225 miles a week driving so the gas vs tuition cost didn't offset much but it did save an hour a day
Rumor of Leap Frog being sold was confirmed Monday. New owner takes over in Jan with new prices.
Current owner has notified parents that new pricing will be taking effect next week, grabbing all the money they can on the way out.
If I was younger I'd be looking into this as a profitable business venture.

I'm sure they have a lawyer. Both places have video cameras. Neat thing is I can log in and watch and hear what the twins are doing at Leap Frog.

I'm sure they have a lawyer. Both places have video cameras. Neat thing is I can log in and watch and hear what the twins are doing at Leap Frog.

Man, i'm so glad to be done with daycare, when both my boys were going, we were spending close to $1700 a month. My youngest started kindergarten this year. We were able to finally sell our house, get a new one, and i was able to get a new (to me) car. Meanwhile, we're finally able to put money into savings again.

Another year and a half to go until K, then it'll be after school care at who knows $ ?

I can't fathom spending 1700 dollars a month for daycare...... I'm 63...... my wife never held a job outside of the home.... she stayed home and raised the kids...... (we have 2 boys)..... Always been a single earner family..... I worked my ass off to support them...... but.... she also worked her ass off to make sure she was home to raise them.... and took care of all their friends that came home with them after school because their parents were working... She hauled them around and baked cookies and done all the stuff for them that their folks couldn't because they were working...... I never made a lot of money at my job..... it would have been a whole lot easier had my wife had an income.... but...... I can't say we would have been better off had she worked outside the home..... she raised the kids almost singlehandedly.... and now keeps the the grandson when he is here..... she's been a good wife and mother........ what more can you ask for..... ???? We've been married 39 years ..... I hear of folks divorcing after more years than that........ I just can't imagine it.......

I can't fathom spending 1700 dollars a month for daycare...... I'm 63...... my wife never held a job outside of the home.... she stayed home and raised the kids...... (we have 2 boys)..... Always been a single earner family..... I worked my ass off to support them...... but.... she also worked her ass off to make sure she was home to raise them.... and took care of all their friends that came home with them after school because their parents were working... She hauled them around and baked cookies and done all the stuff for them that their folks couldn't because they were working...... I never made a lot of money at my job..... it would have been a whole lot easier had my wife had an income.... but...... I can't say we would have been better off had she worked outside the home..... she raised the kids almost singlehandedly.... and now keeps the the grandson when he is here..... she's been a good wife and mother........ what more can you ask for..... ???? We've been married 39 years ..... I hear of folks divorcing after more years than that........ I just can't imagine it.......

that is without a doubt a great story.

We looked into one of us staying at home, unfortunately for us, it didn't make a lot of sense to.

We were lucky, two Grandma's
When the kids turned 18-24 months we shipped them off to the CDC, Child Development Center at URI where my wife worked. You could say we allowed them to be lab rats....
But when they did start school they were both well ahead of their classmates.
My daughter quit high school after the 10th grade. Yup. Enrolled in a community college and competed her HS requirements for graduation and then 2 days later graduated with an Associate's degree,. The kid who would never learn math according to her HS teacher taught herself Calculus and tested out.
I am a strong believer in education and will do everything in my power to help those little guys, same as I did for my two kids. It's not much but when I croak they'll each get 50k for their future education. Don't know what'll buy then but it's something.

My mom watched Jennifer when she was little. I was sooooo lucky. Mom worked with her from day one. I did too, I talked to her constantly but mom really worked her butt off. Taught her how to read, taught her cursive.

We were in the grocery store once, she pointed to the beer section and said grandma Eva drinks that. Puzzled, I asked her several times, "Are you sure?" I finally figured out Grandma drinks root beer, not beer. She was reading the label. Jennifer was 5.

Cool. I really don't know how some do it. Between housing and all the other bills, not extravagant bills for ''goodies'' but things like food, light bills etc.
We thought about doing a daycare from our home. Watch the boys plus one, maybe two others. But the licensing and insurance requirements quickly changed our mind.
No way would we do it unlicensed.

It's a shame that it has gotten to the point that to survive decently..... a household must have at least 2 incomes..... and sometimes 2 or 3 different jobs ..... and that's just to pay the month to month living expenses..... that doesn't take into consideration retirement planning........ When you are 30 or so and struggling...... retirement looks like light years away....... then...... all of a sudden...... BAM!!!!!!! You are 60....... ''I'm gonna' have to work until I drop''........that happens all too often...... I only wish I had started making plans at 18....... I got a late start...... probably about 40.... and now trying to play catch up....... the early years are what mean the most......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom