Daytona 2024 Pre-Race Thread

I’m so excited for next weeks race. I really can’t muster an iota of care for today’s game so I think I’m going to watch the 93,94,95,96 editions of the Daytona 500. I already have 93 on, had no idea Al Unser Jr was racing this one.

I’m so excited for next weeks race. I really can’t muster an iota of care for today’s game so I think I’m going to watch the 93,94,95,96 editions of the Daytona 500. I already have 93 on, had no idea Al Unser Jr was racing this one.
When I went to the Indianapolis museum back in 2018 it was during a display on the Unsers and they had his Daytona car there. Spoiler alert they must of fixed it.

Sucks the Unser Museum moved out of Albuquerque.

The Unser Racing Museum sees about 20,000 visitors a year. The Museum of American Speed sees about 100,000 a year – so the Unser collection will be enjoyed by even more fans than ever before.

It’s officially Daytona 500 week. No stupid celebrity sightings, overhyped commercials, overrated halftime show and zero pop culture aficionado’s. All steak with less sizzle this week, let’s go!! This week is going to fly by I hope!

So damn excited. OUR game is going to be completely different this year with the new Camry and the addition of Legacy. I would really like to see US trim one out, and stick that son of a bitch on pole. Fascinating stuff coming....and how will the Ford race....and will the ancient Camaro ZFOUWSSWSS4 or whatever be competitive with refreshed louvers and greenhouses--maybe they try a chop top or something? Love this ****.

It’s officially Daytona 500 week. No stupid celebrity sightings, overhyped commercials, overrated halftime show and zero pop culture aficionado’s. All steak with less sizzle this week, let’s go!! This week is going to fly by I hope!
The Super Bowl has become the complete **** show.....many times during the evening, I thought I was watching XFL. ****** stupid....but a decent game, and Mahomes is the deal.

So damn excited. OUR game is going to be completely different this year with the new Camry and the addition of Legacy. I would really like to see US trim one out, and stick that son of a bitch on pole. Fascinating stuff coming....and how will the Ford race....and will the ancient Camaro ZFOUWSSWSS4 or whatever be competitive with refreshed louvers and greenhouses--maybe they try a chop top or something? Love this ****.
Jeffy, Chadly, and The Felon will probably have some tricks up their sleeves to win pole position and mayne the race itself.

The Super Bowl has become the complete **** show.....many times during the evening, I thought I was watching XFL. ****** stupid....but a decent game, and Mahomes is the deal.
I didnt watch one minute. My wife watched a bit on her phone, I was watching Dark Knight Trilogy. The game is a slog to get through when your team hasn’t played in one since 1995. I’m good with passing on the festivities of last night.

supposedly bad weather I see on race day? I’ll start worrying around Weds, Florida weather is pretty unpredictable. Especially around Daytona.

I love your dedication to your Toyota teams, but before you get too excited, don't forget we have 2 of our drivers back in the game 100% healthy and ready to do battle against your Toyotas. Go Get a 1-2-3-4 at Daytona HMS. :punkrocke

One of the better weekends of the year. Four days of birdwatching for the Great Backyard Bird Count, along with four days kicking off the NASCAR season.

Around my backyard I would be better off counting skunks, squirrels, possum and of course the stray cats.

1707777535495.jpeg

It is really great how they post the forecasted temperature for each race beside the planned distance.
A low of 30 on Saturday and high of 70 on Sunday should ensure a lot of changes in track conditions.

I'll have what he's drinking.

Make it a double. 🥃🥃

Amigo will have full coverage

After a 175-mile drive, I arrived at my buddy and his wife's house last night where I go to every year for a week of Daytona racing and some good BBQ. I usually come up for the Super Bowl and stay until after the Daytona 500, but I had a couple of slot car races to go to last week, so I didn't make it this year for the Super Bowl party. Go HMS. :punkrocke

Tire bill for the race weekend?

$30,000 per car …

Goodyear Fast Facts — Daytona​

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 1 – 200 laps / 500 miles
Daytona International Speedway (2.5-mile oval) – Daytona Beach, Fla.
Fast Facts for February 14-18, 2024

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Superspeedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 7 sets for practice/qualifying/Duel, and 8 sets for the race (7 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes:
Left-side — D-5142;
Right-side — D-5116

Tire Circumference:
Left-side — 2,274 mm (89.53 in.);
Right-side — 2,280 mm (89.76 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 28 psi; Left Rear — 28 psi;
Right Front — 52 psi; Right Rear — 50 psi

Storyline – Goodyear building off 70 years of NASCAR involvement: Last season was Goodyear’s 70th season of continued involvement in NASCAR, and it is with all that experience that we kick off the 2024 season. From a tire standpoint, pit strategy at Daytona International Speedway is the biggest factor. With the Daytona 500 being 200 laps around the two-and-a-half-mile superspeedway, Cup teams will employ four-tire, two-tire and fuel only stops at different points of the race. One consideration teams will make when coming into the pits is how to line up and stop with their teammates, so they can quickly line back up on the track and get into a draft.
“We have a long history in NASCAR and, obviously, a long history of building tires for the Daytona 500,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “Superspeedway strategy dictates that teams pit together with teammates or others they are working with, and this tire package enables that to happen. Because tire wear is not a major factor in superspeedway racing, teams can mix in fuel only or two-tire stops, depending on the stint.”

Notes – Cup teams return on Daytona/Talladega tire set-up: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity and Craftsman Truck Series at Daytona this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires Cup teams have run at Daytona since the beginning of 2022. . . they have also run this same tire set-up for their last four races at Talladega over that time . . . with this 18-inch bead diameter tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars do not run inner liners in any of their tires.
Goodyear Blimp – Florida-based airship over Daytona all weekend: “Wingfoot Two” is scheduled to be in the air over Daytona International Speedway for all the NASCAR races this week . . . this airship is based out of Pompano Beach, Fla. . . . Wingfoot Two is scheduled to provide aerial coverage of the NASCAR Cup Duels on Thursday, NASCAR Craftsman Truck race on Friday, Xfinity race on Saturday and the Daytona 500 on Sunday for Fox Sports.

Back
Top Bottom