Daytona 500 countdown

Roughly 10 years ago a named Darren Allard found one of Genes old chassis in a junk yard. He saved it and restored it.
This is Gene with his restored car.

1609942996127.png

Attachments

• 1609942996235.png
    1609942996235.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 103
Roughly 10 years ago a named Darren Allard found one of Genes old chassis in a junk yard. He saved it and restored it.
This is Gene with his restored car.

View attachment 51723

I used a lot of Mr. Coleman's products over the years.
Nearly everyone had his chart in their trailer or taped to their toolbox. I still have a couple of copies floating around somewhere.

I raced against Moffit in street stockers back in the 80s. He had a Camaro that went around the tracks like a late model. It was probably not quite in the spirit of the rules. :laugh: When he showed up somewhere we were usually racing for second place. I see that picture was taken at Fremont. That was my favorite track and the one I raced at the most in the early and mid 80s.
Wow, that is awesome. Fremont is still my favorite track.

I used a lot of Mr. Coleman's products over the years.
Nearly everyone had his chart in their trailer or taped to their toolbox. I still have a couple of copies floating around somewhere.
Genes a helluva guy. I was in the pits and ran into him at Onaway Speedway in Northern Michigan in 1987. Walked up to him said Hi and that i used to watch him run diirt at Escanaba, he got this big smile and we talked about an hour.

This thread is always the best one of the year!
Yes it is. Sometimes you get a surprise.

The guy in the car directly above your post is Jerry Sneva. He’s sitting in the car in my avatar. He’s gone now ... it’s nice to be reminded.

Back
Top Bottom