Daytona 500 Raceday Thread

Ouch, that crewman getting run over looked painful, poor guy.

Actually, i though this race was going to be pretty calm with the single file and breakaway racing, but boy was i wrong or what? lol

I'm going to be sick.
puke.gif

Damn!!!! :eek2: That was a hell of a finish. Man I was hopping Mark was gonna pull that one out!

Congrats to Harvick.

And what is with Kasey Kahne? is he side-blinded? he just turn to the right hard..i mean he had to know that there were cars in the outside lane..that's about the second time he made that mistake of turning right like that.

As most here know, I'm not a Martin fan, but I found myself rooting for him just like I rooted for Dale Sr. when he won. One thing for sure, the outcome of this race is not anything like what most expected. Who'd a thought. It was exciting though and my fav made it through a bunch of wrecks to finish 7th. With the 50 points in arrears, he now has 96 points. Poor Mikey now only has to make up 27 points to break even. Matt has 37 points, Elliott has 125 and Riggs has 27 points to the good.

Congrats to Kevin.

Hey guys, new to the boards.

What a finish!

I really thought that they were going to throw the yellow at the end. I'm happy for Kevin, but man I feel so bad for Mark. After the race, Mark said that he was sorry to his team, because he "blew it." Mark you did no such thing. He's a great driver and without a doubt, one of the best men to ever grace the asphalt of the Nextel Cup Series.

It was a great race, even though it was disappointing for Jimmie...man that sucks. :(

Does this mean that RCR is back on track and possibly ready for a run at the Nextel Cup?

Much like what stremme did for Jeff at the Dual Races, he had a tremendous push given to him by Matt Kenseth, i dont think he would've made that run on his own.

Hey guys, new to the boards.

What a finish!

I really thought that they were going to throw the yellow at the end. I'm happy for Kevin, but man I feel so bad for Mark. After the race, Mark said that he was sorry to his team, because he "blew it." Mark you did no such thing. He's a great driver and without a doubt, one of the best men to ever grace the asphalt of the Nextel Cup Series.

It was a great race, even though it was disappointing for Jimmie...man that sucks. :(

Does this mean that RCR is back on track and possibly ready for a run at the Nextel Cup?

welcomesign.png

Wow What A Finish! How many times can Burton come from 12th to 2nd or 3rd in 10 laps!

Best Daytona Race in a decade!

Obviously the #29 fans are happy and so they should be but I thought those last dozen or so laps were a mess.

A pretty good race ruined - for me anyway - by a bunch of wrecking and a GWC at the end.

GWC is almost always a recipe for a wreck, but I HATE to see races end under caution. It's an anti-climactic end and I feel the people who payed to watch the race get screwed out of their admission fee. Until something better arises, GWC should stay.

GWC is almost always a recipe for a wreck, but I HATE to see races end under caution. It's an anti-climactic end and I feel the people who payed to watch the race get screwed out of their admission fee. Until something better arises, GWC should stay.

Any race I've been to finished under Green...

They would never finish a race on time, plus who would want to sit around watching a race for 5 hours? not me that's for sure

Time to change my avatar. This is the DAYTONA 500! :bounce: :bounce: :pbjtime:

Hey Tony fans, :nyanya:

#29 Kevin Harvick wow what a win.

Prediction Top 5 For Next Weeks Race In Fontana Ca.

1. David Gilliland - Winner
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Tony Stewart
4. Kevin Harvick
5. Dale Jarret

This is strictly my opinion, Although I am thrilled with Harvick's win I don't see the point of a G.W.C. What we all saw today was exactly what nascar was trying to eliminate, cars racing to the start/finish line after a wreck. The 5 car was running third on that last lap, and his fault or not, caused a huge wreck. At that point the other 30 plus cars were still racing to the finish. With the 07 sliding down the track on his roof there were still all the other cars going for a good finish as fast as they could. I thought thats what they were trying to avoid.
Like I said just my opinion.
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Lots of mixed emotions today....... but I have to think it was a very exciting finish........:) :) :)

Racer8 I see your point. Nascar probably should have thrown the coution sooner.:confused:

I don't know what right call would have been throw a yellow or keep it green like they did. I the question should be was Kevin Harvick ahead of Mark Martin at the time of the crash or not. I think that even if NASCAR throws a yellow at the time of the crash Kevin Harvick still wins the 49th Daytona 500 today.

Wind tunnel on speed is already talking about it.

Pretty interesting chat there. Also, when you look at the video, Harvick was in the lead when Busch was sideways and Kenseth was beginning to spin.

Quite frankly, I feel that a lot of the negative talk about all this is from both Harvick "haters", RCR "haters", and those who are sentimental about Mark winning the race. My gosh, if this is enough for a "fan" to stop watching the races, my comment would be "don't let the door hit you on the way out" and I wouldn't call them much of a fan. Of course, I do believe that many of them are just emotional and after a while will once again be right there in front of the tube, hootin' and hollerin' for their favorite and hope to high heaven that Happy Harvick doesn't win another race in his life. :)

Another thing to think about when calling for the caution flag --- had they thrown it immediately, the carnage would probably have been the same --- given the fact that the cars were bunched so tightly and already dodging and weaving to miss the wreck.

I sincerely doubt a quick caution could have prevented anything.

Back
Top Bottom