Daytona 500

racer8

Team Owner
OK lets get this thing started.
Enough of Bon Jovi etc. As Dale used to say " drop the rag and lets get this thing going'
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

yeah; but bon jovi was better than those stones !!! also why do most of the singers that nascar have for their races to sing the national anthem--suck!!!

Apparently it's do as I say and forget about do as I do. Hopefully he gets what he deserves before this one is over.

racer8 said:
Tony lookin like a bull in a china shop today

man what i don't get is that he was saying earlier in the week that drivers were driving like idiots and someone is going to get killed. If he keeps driving like that he is going to be the guy who gets killed or is going to be the cause of the person who gets killed.

Tony what were you doing? This shows that what you say and what you do are two different things.

That was about as stupid a move as I have seen when he hit Kenseth at those speeds.

actually, JJ drove a good race. So did JR and with a little help at the end he would have made it interesting.

JJ already has enough problems with his image......his race team is caught cheating during speed weeks and he turns around and dedicates the race to all the haters.....someone needs to send him to PR school......

I thought him dedicating the race to all of the 48 haters was a clever move. He acknowledges that everyone doesn't like him. Also, maybe now he has learned that patience is the key to winning rather than how he has driven the 500 in the past.

barelypure said:
I thought him dedicating the race to all of the 48 haters was a clever move. He acknowledges that everyone doesn't like him. Also, maybe now he has learned that patience is the key to winning rather than how he has driven the 500 in the past.

Not clever when youve just been busted for cheating....

Said Ryan Newman about Jimmie Johnson:

“I mean, I think a lot of Jimmie and his talent and stuff. But I'm pretty sure at least three of his last four, if not three out of his last three, wins have had conflicts with the cars being illegal.

“You know, that's not necessarily good for the sport.”

majestyx said:
never mind. not worth my time. ;)

Why? its a fact his team was busted for cheating at Daytona.

i got sick and tired of hearing HMS saying yesterday..."its too bad chad isnt here"...he would have been if he hadnt of cheated!! i bet you wont have him at Cali this week either.

you can also bet that JJ wont be the points leader going into to Cali because Nascar is going to hand down further penealties to the 48 car...they will loose points for that.

they will loose car owner points and i would assume drivers points also....Casey Mears will probably go to Cali as the points leader.

I have always thought that Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart were the 2 best drivers in Nascar. I still do, however I have finally lost all respect for Tony. He drove like a Champion last year but yesterday he acted like a moron. He spoke out against agressive driving prior to the 500 and then hipocritically states that he went after Kenseth to finish him. His action could have gotten someone killed at those speeds and everyone was very lucky that more cars were not involved in the wreck.

Should Tony be suspended for his action.

Jimmie dedicating his win to all the haters was just pure gold. I don't care what anyone says...it was.

muggle not said:
I have always thought that Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart were the 2 best drivers in Nascar. I still do, however I have finally lost all respect for Tony. He drove like a Champion last year but yesterday he acted like a moron. He spoke out against agressive driving prior to the 500 and then hipocritically states that he went after Kenseth to finish him. His action could have gotten someone killed at those speeds and everyone was very lucky that more cars were not involved in the wreck.

Should Tony be suspended for his action.

Tony is a blast to watch. He has such great car control it is unreal. I just wish he has better self control.

Dedicating the 2006 Daytona 500 win to all the "48 haters" was classic !!!!

That line brought a smile.
The 48 team overcame some awful odds with the win. They started in the back, no regular crew chief and pulled off the win without the help of a team mate at the end when one was needed.
Drives by JGordon and Stewart were fun to watch until Stewart violated every rule of decency in the unwritten "racing rules" book.

Harvick made some stabs at running with the leaders but never quite pulled it off and the Petty team did well too but wrecks not of their making were the penalty for running well. And how about Elliott Sadler !!! Good run by him and Ryan Newman. :)

This Buds For Me said:
Why? its a fact his team was busted for cheating at Daytona.

i got sick and tired of hearing HMS saying yesterday..."its too bad chad isnt here"...he would have been if he hadnt of cheated!! i bet you wont have him at Cali this week either.

you can also bet that JJ wont be the points leader going into to Cali because Nascar is going to hand down further penealties to the 48 car...they will loose points for that.

they will loose car owner points and i would assume drivers points also....Casey Mears will probably go to Cali as the points leader.
First off, I never said it was a good thing that Chad Knaus cheated, nor did I say that he'd be at Cali or possibly the next THREE races, or that Jimmie would be the points leader after Tuesday. BUT, Jimmie is only the car's DRIVER, and I'm quite sure that his car was in post-race inspection FAR longer than ANY of the other cars that were inspected after the finish of the race. More than likely, the officials spent the amount of time on Jimmie's car as they did with ALL of the others combined. So far, as there has been nothing different reported, IT PASSED. The number 48 car WILL be listed as the winner of the 48th Daytona 500. Ironic, huh? :D

Jimmie Johnson, is he trying to become a hated driver, or is this just coming naturally? When Jimmie was driving in the Busch series, I was all for him. He was a fresh start to something that was getting stale with some of the regular stars. I don't know, maybe it was because he got such a great start in the Cup series, and his attitude for being innocent all the time, just sort of put me off him. Now, he seems to be carrying a chip on his shoulder and if he doesn't want to make things worse, he's going about it the wrong way. However, saying that, the sport needs all kinds, including the most hated. We all know that Jeff and Jr are either the most loved or the most hated and so I wonder, is Jimmie just trying to join that group?

I though Johnson raced a smart, clean race - from what I seen. His car passed post-race so congrats to him. Keep in mind, Knauss isn't the only one cheating.

Patrick9999 said:
I though Johnson raced a smart, clean race - from what I seen. His car passed post-race so congrats to him. Keep in mind, Knauss isn't the only one cheating.
I agree with you. They all try to find an edge. JJ really drove a pretty good race. I also thought that Jr drove a pretty decent race. If a couple of the other cars had jumped out of line with him at the end it would have been very exciting. I wonder if Jeff will give Tony a break if the situation comes up. I know what i would do. :)

BobbyFord said:
I'll bet Newman doesn't believe Mears the next time.
That was kinda weak on Mears part.

Considering the struggles of Dodge, I couldn't agree more.

Magnethead said:
did newman and mears do/say something i missed?

On the last lap, Mears signaled to Newman that he was going to go with him if he pulled out, when Newman pulled out, Mears stayed behind Jimmie.

BobbyFord said:
On the last lap, Mears signaled to Newman that he was going to go with him if he pulled out, when Newman pulled out, Mears stayed behind Jimmie.
yup and i heard them say earlier in the race they would be drafting buddies, oh well..

and i do think JJ drove a great race, i didn't want him to win, but i say he earned it.. it was not an easy race to win

I would like to congraduate Ken Schrader for finishing in the top ten, 9th and Kirt Schelmerdine for finishing 20th. Might not seem that spectacular but is has been a long time since Kenny has been competative and Kirt by all means probably shouldn't have even made the race. Congrats!! :beerbang:

I too would like to make some congratulations for this race. I guess most of you know that I'm no big Johnson fan, but I have to give him kudos for hanging in there with all the hubub going on with his team and not giving up. Jimmie seems to have the ability to always be there at the end and that is something that none of us can deny. Yeah, we can give reasons for that, but the thing that will always be there is that he's there. Jimmie Johnson may well be my new Dale Earnhardt Sr. in that I will continue to root against him, but will respect his ability to win. That also means that I want to see him on the track just to see him get beat. You gotta beat the best to be the best and Jimmie has proven in his tenure in the Cup series that he is one of the best. Congrats to Jimmie and his fans. Damn, I hate to say that. :)

Back
Top Bottom