DAYTONA Road Course - Go Bowling 235

Well that's unfortunate looks like Austin did the Covid to himself. I cant judge actually, I have to go to a wedding next Saturday my sister in law is getting married and at the risk of being in my wife's family's dog house for the foreseeable future looks like I might have a side of Covid myself come next week sometime.

Well that's unfortunate looks like Austin did the Covid to himself. I cant judge actually, I have to go to a wedding next Saturday my sister in law is getting married and at the risk of being in my wife's family's dog house for the foreseeable future looks like I might have a side of Covid myself come next week sometime.
a string of garlic around your neck will keep the women off of ya, after that you're on your own with those Covids.

Got back from running to town. Atwoods might have had 35% masked up, Walmart was up there, probably 95% no toilet paper at Wally's, No 22 shells at Atwoods. grr.

Here are Cup drivers entered for Sunday’s race who have competed on the Daytona road course (overall finish)

Clint Bowyer 2013 Rolex 24 (finished 16th)
Kurt Busch 2005 Rolex 24 (27th), 2008 Rolex 24 (3rd)
Kyle Busch2009 Brumos Porsche 250 (10th), 2020 Rolex 24 (26th),
Cole Custer2018 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge (3rd), 2019 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge (9th)
James Davison 2014 Rolex 24 (48th), 2015 Rolex 24 (29th), 2016 Rolex 24 (44th),
Kevin Harvick 2002 Rolex 24 (69th)
Timmy Hill2012 Rolex 24 (51st)
Jimmie Johnson2004 Rolex 24 (28th), 2005 Rolex 24 (2nd), 2007 Rolex 24 (36th), 2008 Rolex 24 (2nd), 2009 Rolex 24 (7th), 2010 Rolex 24 (21st), 2011 Rolex 24 (15th)
Matt Kenseth2005 Rolex 24 (27th), 2006 IROC race (10th)
Michael McDowell2005 Rolex 24 (42nd), 2007 Rolex 24 (10th), 2008 Rolex 24 (15th), 2011 Rolex 24 (7th), 2012 Rolex 24 (3rd)
Ryan Newman 2006 IROC race (3rd)
Martin Truex Jr. 2006 IROC race (6th)
Wow, I wasn't aware Jimbo participated in so many 24s. The dude digs the road racing

Let me know when Christmas is re-scheduled. I’ve always associated it with late December.

I prefer not to repeat myself. In this case, it seems necessary to point out that we are beyond fortunate to be fans of a sport that has been presenting a reasonable facsimile of its full schedule. A couple more positive Covid test results could put the brakes on that if there’s any community spread inside the porous “bubble” they’ve set up.
Well I don’t think Christmas will be rescheduled at least in my lifetime. I think I’ve shown in previous posts I’m very grateful they are still racing each week, in fact blessed, especially when you see what MLB is going through each day trying to navigate through their season. I was merely commenting or thinking out loud, at least to me I’m usually getting ready for a Bristol night race. I hope I didn’t come across as complaining I wasn’t at all, I guess merely thinking out loud. I’m taking each race as a gift honestly

1597589443835.png

Well I don’t think Christmas will be rescheduled at least in my lifetime. I think I’ve shown in previous posts I’m very grateful they are still racing each week, in fact blessed, especially when you see what MLB is going through each day trying to navigate through their season. I was merely commenting or thinking out loud, at least to me I’m usually getting ready for a Bristol night race. I hope I didn’t come across as complaining I wasn’t at all, I guess merely thinking out loud. I’m taking each race as a gift honestly
I misunderstood.

Thanks for clarifying.

Oh boy here we go...could it be a false positive? Will his next test show a positive negative? In all seriousness I hope other than missing a race, this will be a non event in his and his families life.
Given the stakes I would think they responsibly accepted the results and immediately followed up with a second test for confirmation.

I hope Austin Dillon, his wife, children, family members, team-mates and everyone else he’s had close contact with get through this undamaged.

Is there an efficient contract tracing program operating in North Carolina?
Oh, I'm sure there's a crack team all over it. In West Virginia as well.

Not a definitive answer but l would think a good NC Covid tracing program is in place. At least I can tell they are more serious about it when traveling from my home state of SC.

I am here and it is HOT. It's also somewhat of a mess in the terrace areas of the stadium because they've got everyone seated to the right of the start/finish line and everyone is seeking shade/somewhere to sit in between events. Sitting on the ground with my back against the wall right now, and this place is huge. Tells you everything.

I am here and it is HOT. It's also somewhat of a mess in the terrace areas of the stadium because they've got everyone seated to the right of the start/finish line and everyone is seeking shade/somewhere to sit in between events. Sitting on the ground with my back against the wall right now, and this place is huge. Tells you everything.
Yep, tells me I'm so glad I'm sitting at home in my recliner drinking an ice cold Pepsi eating a delicious pizza getting ready to watch my first NASCAR race in a few months. But, as soon as it's over it's back to the slot car track to finish setting up a new car.:dpepsi:

These guys are kind of nervous they didn’t get practice in, I feel kind of bad they get anytime. I would imagine practice is a thing of the past once things get back to normal

Alex talks about their struggles.

190 from turn 1 to the chicane at the end of the back stretch. Imagine a full lap with that kind of HP and you will under stand why we run spacers at Daytona on the roval. Bad fast folks

About 10k attended. The mask policy was sadly mostly ignored. Entering people has their masks one but by the time the cup race started it was hot and people took them off. A lot of people weren't wearing them in the concourse and when they red flagged the race about 90% of the people didn't have them and were all bunched together.

About 10k attended. The mask policy was sadly mostly ignored. Entering people has their masks one but by the time the cup race started it was hot and people took them off. A lot of people weren't wearing them in the concourse and when they red flagged the race about 90% of the people didn't have them and were all bunched together.
As I expected, and why I discarded any thoughts of attending.

How many crashes is Joey going to cause before someone teaches him a lesson again? Two of the Penske drivers seem to ruin a lot of other drivers races...heck one was his own teammate. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom