Deadliest Catch

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Heads up season 14 (wow) premiere. tonight 8:00 CST on Discovery channel

1200x630bb.jpg

A local deck hand on a boat here went out there to make his fortune. He wasn't gone long before he came back. IIRC he only made two trips and said the worst seas here are mill pond calm compared to the seas they fish, oops crab, in out there.

Who doesn't watch Deadliest Catch is what I'd like to know.I've been hooked on the show since watching the first episode 13 years ago.Looking forward to another awesome season of DC.:cool:

A local deck hand on a boat here went out there to make his fortune. He wasn't gone long before he came back. IIRC he only made two trips and said the worst seas here are mill pond calm compared to the seas they fish, oops crab, in out there.

Yep, they can keep that job !!! the money is damned good though

I didn't see the Time Bandit
Why Deadliest Catch’s Johnathan Hillstrand didn’t actually retire.
At the end of Deadliest Catch season 13, Time Bandit captain Johnathan Hillstrand retired after 37 years of crab fishing. His boat isn’t one of those that will be featured on season 14—a remarkable change since the boat and its crew have been filmed for the show since its second season.
But Johnathan Hillstrand has been actively crab fishing this season, captaining the Time Bandit for the opilio crab season.
"Plans were made for Capt Johnathan to “retire” from King Crab and Opilio Crab fishing, to start a brand new crab fishery this year. Unfortunately, paperwork and permits did not come through, so Capt Johnathan is back fishing Kings and Opilio crab this year.”

https://www.realityblurred.com/real...lstrand-deadliest-catch-season-14-retirement/

I remember tuning into the first year thinking how many times
Can you watch them haul up a crab pot. Well it’s been 13 years.

I used to watch this show a lot, still do sometimes. My pops used to be a commercial fisherman so I figured he should definitely still dig this show as of a couple years ago. Nope. I asked him why he stopped watching and he said something like “What the **** is the point of watching? All they are doing is catching the same crab they threw back last year.” Touché, Dad... Touché.

I tried to watch the show several years ago but quickly found it to be just another drama filled fake reality show. I know the fake reality genre is very popular with programs like House Hunters, Street Outlaws, American Pickers, Breaking (Faking) Amish and a slew of others. I have no bone to pick with people that find this shtick entertaining and a mental vacation but it is not for me.

Back
Top Bottom