Decker has left DGR

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
https://nataliedeckerinc.com/2020/01/16/natalie-decker-announces-2020-plans/

STATESVILLE, NC – It’s a new year, and for Natalie Decker, that means new goals, a new number, same mindset.

Running multiple races in her rookie season, Decker has signed with Niece Motorsports after wrapping up her rookie year with DGR-CROSLEY.

@StandOnIt you seem to have a good sense of things truck, is niece better/worse than DGR?

Im not suprised DGR let decker go and signed deegan. I wonder if decker has animosity to deegan for basically taking her place.

^ every driver gets replaced sooner or later, nothing to see here.

Does a bear **** in the woods?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Another decent team to try and garner some good results with. If she can not get the job done there after what we've seen Ross Chastain and several other drivers pull off with Niece Motorsports, then you can bet that her time has come.

Natalie Decker Teams With Ken Schrader Racing And FURY Race Cars For ARCA Season Opener at Daytona
2020-ARCA-press-release.jpg

Tony Eury Jr. will serve as Natalie’s crew chief for the race. He was also the crew chief for the likes of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Danica Patrick, Brad Keselowski, and Michael Waltrip, just to name a few.

“I’m really looking forward to going to Daytona with Natalie and working with Ken Schrader Racing. I’ve always liked Daytona, and I’ve had a lot of success there in the past,” says Eury Jr. “I’ve built my career on mentoring young and up-and-coming drivers, trying to teach them the X’s and O’s of different levels of this sport, and that’s what we do as a company at FURY. Natalie has a lot of passion for racing, and our goal is to help her improve so that she can meet the goals she has set for her career.”

https://nataliedeckerinc.com/2020/0...9DOF1nUyfBfvqcln_trYUMdtl27li30KaYypix_AwueO8

This girl's family must have more money than they know what to do with
How bout that. She finished on the lead lap twice the whole season, destroyed 8 rides her rookie year. Anybody else would be run out of the series on a rail. So, year two she gets a part time ride with Niece another quality team, and now gets another decent ride for Daytona. There hasn't been one indicator that she can drive a race car in the trucks.

The board is a harsh critic.

I think an association with Ken Schrader might be just the thing. Oh, and Tony Eury Jr.
Extra critical due to her gender. I think Danica's personality & performance put our fanbase back a few steps in terms of accepting females into the sport.

Do we really want to go there?

Again?

I'm not that one that went anywhere. That set of circumstances or comedy of errors with any other driver would rate the same. Personally I thought she was entertaining as hell last year. She has no clue how to tell her crew what the truck needs so they guess at it, and with almost a 50% wreck rate, she is one driver who can be counted on for a caution and usually an entertaining replay. Hopefully with good sponsorship paying for the damages she can continue on.

Extra critical due to her gender. I think Danica's personality & performance put our fanbase back a few steps in terms of accepting females into the sport.
:sarcasm: Yeah, she's the only driver that gets slammed around here. :sarcasm:

-IF- she'd getting slammed because of her gender, she's also getting extra media attention because of it, just like Danica.

-IF- she's getting slammed because of her gender, it's because she leveraged it with that 'Hat Flip walkoff' hissy-fit she pulled on Boyd

Note that I am NOT bad-mouthing her AS A DRIVER in this post. KSchrader may have seen something others have missed, Tony Jr. may know how to get it out of her. We'll see, and comment on it, regardless of her gender.

Last edited:
I'm not that one that went anywhere. That set of circumstances or comedy of errors with any other driver would rate the same. Personally I thought she was entertaining as hell last year. She has no clue how to tell her crew what the truck needs so they guess at it, and with almost a 50% wreck rate, she is one driver who can be counted on for a caution and usually an entertaining replay. Hopefully with good sponsorship paying for the damages she can continue on.
She's had a poor start.

Sometimes, people overcome that. She has better help for this effort. I hope she can do it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm definitely accepting of female drivers. I'm a big fan of Hailie Deegan because she actually shows talent. I criticize Decker because she has been in top equipment her whole stock car career and done nothing but crash.

Tyler Ankrum: round of 6 and a win
Natalie Decker: DNF in 9 of 19 truck starts. 0 top 10s

In the same equipment. If she wasn't a pretty girl with rich parents, she wouldn't have made it out of late models.

She's had a poor start.

Sometimes, people overcome that. She has better help for this effort. I hope she can do it.
wonderful, nobody is criticizing you for your opinion. I just happened to look at the drivers record and my observations. and yeah I believe wholeheartedly the comment that Larsonfan1995 posted. I don't see any driver "falling up" with that kind of performance
This girl's family must have more money than they know what to do with

wonderful, nobody is criticizing you for your opinion. I just happened to look at the drivers record and my observations. and yeah I believe wholeheartedly the comment that Larsonfan1995 posted. I don't see any driver "falling up" with that kind of performance
Have I suggested that my opinion has been criticized?

While you were looking at her record, did you notice her ARCA finishes at Daytona? She seems to have had some limited success there and at a few other places during the 2018 season.

https://www.racing-reference.info/drivdet/deckena01/2018/A

Ken Schrader is in attendance at ARCA events ... I would suggest that he sees some potential. Or will the board insist that he doesn't know what he's doing?

Last edited:

While you were looking at her record, did you notice her ARCA finishes at Daytona? She seems to have had some limited success there and at a few other places during the 2018 season.

Ken Schrader is in attendance at ARCA events ... I would suggest that he sees some potential. Or will the board insist that he doesn't know what he's doing?

drivers usually move up to the trucks when they at least win ONE race usually the whole series.

Last of the drivers that ran all the races in ARCA in 2018, and there's 6-8 competitive cars at any given ARCA race.

I've already offered the Instagram Series as a solution "The Best of the Good Looking"

I would say Schrader is getting paid well myself and hopefully good for him. BTW Schrader in 2018 along with Dippel only ran Daytona in the ARCA series.

I hope she runs great and shuts people up she has a fun personality and I'm rooting for her. It's none of your money so why you all care so much is beyond me.

I hope she runs great and shuts people up she has a fun personality and I'm rooting for her. It's none of your money so why you all care so much is beyond me.
well I'll admit, she is a lot more fun to watch than John Wes Townley even though her skill level isn't what his was. And as long as somebody is footing the bill so be it and that has been my point from the first post. Danica parlayed it into multi millions.

Jimmie Johnson. I thought that dude was gonna kill himself
Johnson had his brakes go out one time that was a close call, out drove a car very well driving for a back marker team in Xfinity, but he never qualified for the demo derby.

Johnson had his brakes go out one time that was a close call, out drove a car very well driving for a back marker team in Xfinity, but he never qualified for the demo derby.
I know but when he first started I didnt give him much of a chance, he was pretty erratic.

This girl is awful and only in there because of her looks. I don't think she can actually handle the car at these high speeds

Back
Top Bottom