Deegan update

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveca...e-deegan-go-from-here-in-nascar/#123ac0ec7718

I think next year, if I had the perfect scenario, full-time ARCA would be my first commitment. It’s just a matter of if we can get enough funding to go do that. I’d be really excited because that quality equipment, I’d almost rather race less races with the best equipment than have good, OK equipment but all the races. I think it’s just a matter of what can we do with what funding that we have to get me in the best possible equipment to have the best possible finishes.

IMO she should be running a full ARCA 20 race & 7-8 races West slate if possible. Maybe make her debut at Eldora and 1-2 other Truck starts. She doesn't need to be catapulted into Trucks much yet.

AGREED AG. so much agree.
TBH, I think she and her dad and likely harvick (he has said he likes deegan in the past) have talked about things and the lessons of others in NASCAR. I hope she chooses wisely.

They are throwing her into the deep end..so ya want to road race? Good opportunities for DGR and Deegan though.

Deegan, 18, will be competing in multiple series during the 2020 season as part of the DGR-Crosley race team, which announced it was moving to Ford Performance last week. She will run all 20 races in the ARCA Menards Series with that organization and also select events in the Mustang GT4 with Multimatic Motorsports in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge.

https://www.jayski.com/2019/12/17/h...ance-will-compete-in-multiple-series-in-2020/

EMAbfMVWwAAmiAR

Not sure having deegan and decker on same team is a good idea. Deegan will wreck decker if its for a win
The decker fans will lose their ever loving mind.

does this mean when she races her stadium truck it will need to be a ford too?

Not sure having deegan and decker on same team is a good idea. Deegan will wreck decker if its for a win
The decker dolts will lose their ever loving mind.
I doubt she's (Decker) is back next year with DGR.

Deegan has a lot to prove and I hope she does well for herself. She has potential to grow into a pretty good driver, this is only the beginning for her and I'm hoping she's not rushed through the ranks.

A bit concerned she is biting off too much. We will have to see.

A bit concerned she is biting off too much. We will have to see.
Eh, I'm not sure.

More seat time is always good. See can has been racing a stock car for only two or three years? She has a lot to learn and Ford is willing to front the bill. Getting opportunities in multiple series is great for her and seat time is everything at this point and time.

Not to mention, it helps when her Dad is a big name for Ford as well with off-roading and Rally racing. Deegan is going to be a project, but she seems like the type to be a hard worker and have a desire to be better, so that in itself is a big part of the battle. Her first couple of ARCA starts were not that great, but we'll see how she gets on after some time in the series. Not to mention, it will keep her in the eyes of media and more opportunities for more sponsors in the future.

I think it's a good move for her right now but Ford hasn't got a lot of rides in Xfinity. Hopefully Roush doesn't try to grab her to get back into the series. Best bet is getting in with Haas.

Toyota camp is pretty full and she wasn't their best prospect. Plus they keep a revolving door of development drivers and push them along and she seems to want to progress slower.

I like that they're putting her in IMSA more than anything. I think she should be running a few West/East races as well.

I like that they're putting her in IMSA more than anything. I think she should be running a few West/East races as well.

With what I have read, Deegan has very little if any road racing experience so she is getting a pretty good shot to learn how. Cendric and Briscoe are pretty salty on road courses and they ran IMSA

I think it's a good move for her right now but Ford hasn't got a lot of rides in Xfinity. Hopefully Roush doesn't try to grab her to get back into the series. Best bet is getting in with Haas.

Toyota camp is pretty full and she wasn't their best prospect. Plus they keep a revolving door of development drivers and push them along and she seems to want to progress slower.

I wouldn't be shocked to see to see DGR make a jump to the Xfinty series with Deegan.

Back
Top Bottom