Deegan update

once again, I was talking about the organization. The single truck team of Front Row is one threat. This year Gilliland changed his name to who knows what, doesn't have much of a driver roster, Kyle's team is down on everything, Niece is so so, Friesen/Halmar is ok, but guess who still is on business, still has four trucks, is the longest running Truck team in history, has a couple of new drivers, one is Majeski who won two of the last four races, Crafton and Rhodes are truck champions and you are trying to tell me Gillilands or any other organization next year are in better shape? Never mind.
No you are moving the goal post, as usual. The topic was equipment, now that I used you up, you change it. Your post #1154 where you even bolded my words proves it. We werent talking about Organizations. I would say nice try but its really not.

sure bud I'm all used up. Good luck next year telling all of us how awesome Gilliland's team is or whatever his name is next year.

Here's a legitimate question for the people that are invested in this thread...
Predictions on where Hailie finishes the 2023 season?
I think having another season under her belt and being more comfortable at these race tracks will help her. I guess its all gonna also gonna be how she jives with her new crew chief.

Top 10's 4
Top5's 2
Wins 0

I think she has a shot to get the top 5s on the dirt and a couple of short tracks. Throw in some good runs on the road courses and thats where i get my numbers

I think having another season under her belt and being more comfortable at these race tracks will help her. I guess its all gonna also gonna be how she jives with her new crew chief.

Top 10's 4
Top5's 2
Wins 0

I think she has a shot to get the top 5s on the dirt and a couple of short tracks. Throw in some good runs on the road courses and thats where i get my numbers
poeple dont understand how much a team that is 100% behind you can help. iam thinking if thats the case here, iam hoping for. 8 to 10 top 10s. and 1 win would change everything.

poeple dont understand how much a team that is 100% behind you can help. iam thinking if thats the case here, iam hoping for. 8 to 10 top 10s. and 1 win would change everything.
Why do you think her team wasnt behind her last year? They even swapped crew chiefs for her, 2 crew chiefs who I will add were Multi time winning crew chiefs, 2 of the best on the business.

Why do you think her team wasnt behind her last year? They even swapped crew chiefs for her, 2 crew chiefs who I will add were Multi time winning crew chiefs, 2 of the best on the business.
I'm not saying the team wasn't behind her but there's plenty of examples of successful crew chiefs that didn't believe in their driver and the combination wasn't successful.

Best one I can think of was Joey Logano and Zippy. I think Zippy was one of the best on the box and Joey is now a two time champion but I don't think Zippy every really liked/believed in Joey.

I'm not saying the team wasn't behind her but there's plenty of examples of successful crew chiefs that didn't believe in their driver and the combination wasn't successful.

Best one I can think of was Joey Logano and Zippy. I think Zippy was one of the best on the box and Joey is now a two time champion but I don't think Zippy every really liked/believed in Joey.

Gibbs wouldn't let Greg Zipadelli out of his contract early to go with his best friend Tony Stewart who started his own team. I wouldn't doubt that Zippy wasn't happy to be there. He went from crew chief at Gibbs to Tony's competition director. Logano was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The team did not like her, and was counting down the days until she was gone. I'm not sure she'll have much support from her new home, as they were forced to take her in as part of the deal with Ford (the corporate marketing people at Ford...the Ford racing people don't like her either). She is her own worst enemy. I truly hope she gets it together. She could be really great for the sport. But she HAS to make the effort.

The team did not like her, and was counting down the days until she was gone. I'm not sure she'll have much support from her new home, as they were forced to take her in as part of the deal with Ford (the corporate marketing people at Ford...the Ford racing people don't like her either). She is her own worst enemy. I truly hope she gets it together. She could be really great for the sport. But she HAS to make the effort.
This is shocking to me - I thought she was doing all kinds of work in the sim, etc....Im tbh a bit bummed.

Was Patrick thought of in the same way?

This is shocking to me - I thought she was doing all kinds of work in the sim, etc....Im tbh a bit bummed.

Was Patrick thought of in the same way?
She does the bare minimum. Is never around the shop (even once blew off a seat fitting). I am sure she does sim, but only if it's scheduled. She'll never ask for more time. She won't even sign fan mail! Most kids at the Truck level live in the shops and at the tracks. They (well, most) spend every waking minute working on their careers. I would be surprised if she knew the name of the hauler driver. She was like that way with Toyota too, which is why they punted her. Data showed she wasn't good enough to climb the ladder, and their experiences showed she probably wouldn't do what it took to get good enough.

Even with social media, she does the bare minimum, at least for Monster & Ford. Whatever it says in her contract. Most of her feed is spent promoting her, or her personal sponsors. So, we talk a lot in this thread about her millions of followers. But if those millions of followers aren't moving the needle in a way that warrants millions of dollars, what good are they? I know that has been brought up a lot amongst the marketing people.

Again, I am really hoping she changes. I want her to do well. And I know that maturity does bring that potential. People are capable, I have seen it with other drivers, and in all walks of life. So I wouldn't write her off. I also know that her new group will tolerate much less than the old group, so hopefully there will be a lot of tough love that lands.

I think Danica was more just difficult to work with and be around (hard to approach, etc), but I do believe she took the racing side seriously. I hadn't ever heard of her not caring about the car or performance. That doesn't mean she did! It just means I had never heard that about her, and I have heard plenty.

She does the bare minimum. Is never around the shop (even once blew off a seat fitting). I am sure she does sim, but only if it's scheduled. She'll never ask for more time. She won't even sign fan mail! Most kids at the Truck level live in the shops and at the tracks. They (well, most) spend every waking minute working on their careers. I would be surprised if she knew the name of the hauler driver. She was like that way with Toyota too, which is why they punted her. Data showed she wasn't good enough to climb the ladder, and their experiences showed she probably wouldn't do what it took to get good enough.

Even with social media, she does the bare minimum, at least for Monster & Ford. Whatever it says in her contract. Most of her feed is spent promoting her, or her personal sponsors. So, we talk a lot in this thread about her millions of followers. But if those millions of followers aren't moving the needle in a way that warrants millions of dollars, what good are they? I know that has been brought up a lot amongst the marketing people.

Again, I am really hoping she changes. I want her to do well. And I know that maturity does bring that potential. People are capable, I have seen it with other drivers, and in all walks of life. So I wouldn't write her off. I also know that her new group will tolerate much less than the old group, so hopefully there will be a lot of tough love that lands.

I think Danica was more just difficult to work with and be around (hard to approach, etc), but I do believe she took the racing side seriously. I hadn't ever heard of her not caring about the car or performance. That doesn't mean she did! It just means I had never heard that about her, and I have heard plenty.
I hope she changes too. Thanks ever so much for your insight @Allenbaba

Same stuff I heard about her and TRD.

with only about 120 seats in the top 3 nascar series you would think people would be all in to keep one.

after seeing Allenbaba post,i now know that i forgot that it works both ways. hope the new team will kick her it the ass and get her on the right road

after seeing Allenbaba post,i now know that i forgot that it works both ways. hope the new team will kick her it the ass and get her on the right road
If you want to believe unfounded rumors I guess that works. I haven't read any of that from reputable sources like someone from the organization(s). Pockrass said, they being Thorspot, wanted Deegan to be in the deal so :idunno:

Deegan and her dad also said that there wasn't any room for advancement with toyota so their's that. They said that publicly on a Youtube clip when they were testing a Ford in Oklahoma.

No you are moving the goal post, as usual. The topic was equipment, now that I used you up, you change it. Your post #1154 where you even bolded my words proves it. We werent talking about Organizations. I would say nice try but its really not.
Well spotter, you don't think Deegan is in better equipment at ThorSport. Well riddle me this then. In the five years Gilliland has been in the truck series they have a total of four wins. How could Thorsport have over twice as many wins at 10 and two championships in the same 5 year period? What Deegan does in better equipment remains to be seen, but Gilliland loses big time in that area. Ford dropped them like a hot potato.

Well spotter, you don't think Deegan is in better equipment at ThorSport. Well riddle me this then. In the five years Gilliland has been in the truck series they have a total of four wins. How could Thorsport have over twice as many wins at 10 and two championships in the same 5 year period? What Deegan does in better equipment remains to be seen, but Gilliland loses big time in that area. Ford dropped them like a hot potato.
I've already told you that DGR is basically a training ground and contract young inexperienced drivers but when they put experienced drivers in they ran up front and could win. Thats how. Now Riddler, tell me what equipment Thorsport has that is better?? I'll wait

I've already told you that DGR is basically a training ground and contract young inexperienced drivers but when they put experienced drivers in they ran up front and could win. Thats how. Now Riddler, tell me what equipment Thorsport has that is better?? I'll wait
Your wait is over. Preece was driving SHR prepared trucks.

Did Ford drop them or did they drop Ford? I guess I was under the impression of the latter. After KBM left Toyota needed someone to be the flagship team and I'm guessing the support from Toyota is a lot more than what Ford was giving them

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Did Ford drop them or did they drop Ford? I guess I was under the impression of the latter. After KBM left Toyota needed someone to be the flagship team and I'm guessing the support from Toyota is a lot more than what Ford was giving them

Toyota loses their best truck team and their best cup driver and no slouch truck driver, that's three trucks. Then they lose their second best truck team with ThorSport that's 4 more for a total of 7 trucks they lost in the series. Talk about gutted. Some was self inflicted and the other probably came from lack of funding. They had better hope their affiliates? pull thru. I can't figure out who they would be affiliates to though. I guess Gilliland is the mother team or maybe everybody is on their own?

When it became apparent KBM was gone, just about every team (who could) threw out the red carpet for TRD in hopes of becoming their new #1 team (including a few owners not currently in trucks). Lots of meetings and negotiations, but in the end TRD chose DGR. Why? No clue. But that choice did not sit well with Thor (who it seemed like was the choice for a while), so they flipped them some birds and called Ford, and ended up taking in Hailie as part of the "deal." TRD has other plans in the works to eventually beef up. But in the meantime, could be pretty heated on the track this year! Seems like bad blood everywhere. Should be a fun season.

When it became apparent? Toyota dropped their most successful driver who had the best truck team in the series. They did the ol stall plan of we're trying to find a sponsor for dear Kyle all season long leaving everybody hanging. Gilliland was dropped by Ford because they made a deal with ThorSport. Toyota was gutted, who could they get that was left? Not much left to choose from

Deegan is part of the Ford development teams and she comes with solid backing. Mark Rushbrook said that

Deegan was very diplomatic in talking about the conditions at Gilliland's organization in the clip below. I think she will do better this year

Back
Top Bottom