Deegan update

She had a top-five truck. With all the attrition, she should've finished in the top five, maybe 6th or 7th at WORST. I thought during the race that she had the speed to score her best finish.

In the end, she faded during the entirety of the final stage and didn't even get a top 10.

I don't know how Hailie Deegan or her supporters could be happy with that performance.

It's year three. "Steps in the right direction" shouldn't be the goal anymore.
Where did you get any info from her team that suggested she had a top 5 truck? I'm just trying to figure out how you could possibly know that without some kind of inside connection. We already know that most of the time when you say a driver is going to run away with a race or a driver has it in the bag that you are usually wrong. We only need to look at last Sunday's race to verify that.:rolleyes:

She's content with mediocrity, based on these videos. There's no pressure to perform because she's not going anywhere. Her sponsors are fine as long as she looks good and draws clicks.

If I was a team owner that's throwing everything and the kitchen sink behind her, I'd be very concerned that she's fine with that performance on Saturday.

I don't even think Hailie Deegan has the talent to win races in NASCAR, but she should've finished no worse than 7th the other night.
It looked and sounded to me like her whole crew was pretty excited about her performance on Saturday. Thank God you are not part of her racing organization.

Pocket change.

Successful professional race car drivers at the top level earn millions per year. Their teams’ aestheticians trim their nose hair for them.

I don't how folks can worry so much about Hailee while Prince William and Harry are not speaking to one another....
Some here know more about Halie than her regular fans do. They watch her videos, know her ancestry, post all of her racing statistics, family members, audition for team owner/racing experts. It's no wonder this thread has over 50 thousand views in a little over a year and a half.

Some here know more about Halie than her regular fans do. They watch her videos, know her ancestry, post all of her racing statistics, family members, audition for team owner/racing experts. It's no wonder this thread has over 50 thousand views in a little over a year and a half.
Whatever I know about Hailie Deegan and her family / ancestors I learned here ... a lot of it posted by yourself. When you post her weekly videos, I assume you want us to watch them. Apparently that’s not the case.

Whatever I know about Hailie Deegan and her family / ancestors I learned here ... a lot of it posted by yourself. When you post her weekly videos, I assume you want us to watch them. Apparently that’s not the case.
I could care less if you watch them but it helps with her post count.

The only stats he wants to read are the inflated passing stats from NASCAR so he can “prove” the racing is better now than it was 20 years ago

The only stats he wants to read are the inflated passing stats from NASCAR so he can “prove” the racing is better now than it was 20 years ago
People like Mark Martin, Kenny Wallace and Tony Stewart have all commented about how competitive the racing is these days, Mark Martin said it is the best he has ever seen it. I'll hang with those opinions, you can have yours.
BTW the Kansas race set all time ever records for passing in the pack and for the lead.

Looks like Deegan made some new friends yesterday. Isn't Dean Thompson driving for her old team?

You learn how to go fast and then you learn how to race.

Two entirely different things. Some people never pass the tests.

I’ve never watched any Deegan videos. Ever.
I’m interested in what she does in a race car. So far, she’s just a mediocre driver running mid pack.
I don’t see her getting better than she is now.
She’s no Danica Patrick.

I’ve never watched any Deegan videos. Ever.
I’m interested in what she does in a race car. So far, she’s just a mediocre driver running mid pack.
I don’t see her getting better than she is now.
She’s no Danica Patrick.

“Mediocre driver who runs midpack” seems like an apt description of Danica’s Cup career. Hailie is just Dollar Tree Danica.

People forget that she was actually good in INDYCAR.

I honestly believe she would’ve won the Indy 500 if she stayed there.
She was great there. As many many drivers have proven, changing disciplines midway through your career is so challenging.

Jimmie Johnson went and ran 15th to 20th in Indycar every race the last two years. A bunch of open wheel guys tried NASCAR and most failed. It’s hard.

The last restart Deegan was in 6th and then something happened - on some of the FB forums they said sauter tagged ger?

And I think its time Deegan races others the way she is raced.

The last restart Deegan was in 6th and then something happened - on some of the FB forums they said sauter tagged ger?

And I think its time Deegan races others the way she is raced.

She's being raced the way she races others.

She drove through Timmy Hill and Fox made her out to be the victim. She drove through Dean Thompson but that's "just hard racing." But if someone touches her, they're misogynists.

She's being raced the way she races others.

She drove through Timmy Hill and Fox made her out to be the victim. She drove through Dean Thompson but that's "just hard racing." But if someone touches her, they're misogynists.
I dont believe that - but you know yourself there are some out there that are misogynists

People forget that she was actually good in INDYCAR.

I honestly believe she would’ve won the Indy 500 if she stayed there.

Danica was never given an opportunity to improve in NASCAR. She got one year in Nationwide and then was rushed to Cup. Her deficiencies were mostly not her fault. She showed some promise in her one Nationwide season but never got a second year to improve upon it. Going to Cup in your second full year of stock car racing is a huge ask of anyone and you need to be an otherworldly talent (like Tony Stewart) to pull that off successfully.

She was a mediocre Cup driver with a higher ceiling than we saw but she was never given the support necessary to reach her ceiling. She needed at least a couple of years in Nationwide but the sponsors wouldn't allow it and there was money to be made.

Danica was never given an opportunity to improve in NASCAR. She got one year in Nationwide and then was rushed to Cup. Her deficiencies were mostly not her fault. She showed some promise in her one Nationwide season but never got a second year to improve upon it. Going to Cup in your second full year of stock car racing is a huge ask of anyone and you need to be an otherworldly talent (like Tony Stewart) to pull that off successfully.

She was a mediocre Cup driver with a higher ceiling than we saw but she was never given the support necessary to reach her ceiling. She needed at least a couple of years in Nationwide but the sponsors wouldn't allow it and there was money to be made.
She went to Cup to soon because Go Daddy pushed for it.

Back
Top Bottom