Deleting draft

Reck

Team Owner
How do you successfully go about deleting the drafts that the board automatically saves for you?

I am having a hell of a time with this thing. Often I would post quote in a thread then change my mind, leave the thread. I come back later to the same thread, response to a different person and that previous post that I didn't make appears as a quote.

I have to manually delete that old quote as to not confuse the other person.

Also I would get an error saying I need to wait 30 seconds to post again? I guess the board thinks I'm trying to double post in a short amount of time when in fact I'm only posting one time.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

How do you successfully go about deleting the drafts that the board automatically saves for you?

I am having a hell of a time with this thing. Often I would post quote in a thread then change my mind, leave the thread. I come back later to the same thread, response to a different person and that previous post that I didn't make appears as a quote.

Also I would get an error saying I need to wait 30 seconds to post again? I guess the board thinks I'm trying to double post in a short amount of time when in fact I'm only posting one time.

You might make sure the first two topics..the automatically and the "and receive email..." are not checked..the bottom one "restore dismissed notices" might be a culprit too.

http://racing-forums.com/account/preferences

Time zone:
Options
  • Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies
  • Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages
  • Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments
  • Show people's signatures with their messages
  • Show your online status
    This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.
Footer sitemap:
  • Hide footer sitemap
Choose whether the general site map is shown at the bottom of every page.

Notices
  • Restore dismissed notices
    Any notices you have previously dismissed will be restored to view if you check this option.

^ Yeah they are unchecked so its not that.

It mainly only happens when quoting someone. Its a double whammy. lol

This was a big problem for me a few weeks ago hopefully this helps, note my terminology and recollection may not be exact.

I turned off rich text or anything else that has the editing toolbar type of helps like bold, italics, etc...and emoticons and the problem went away.

I have the same problem reck, Fury will fix us up when he has the time I'm sure. Mine just started doing that a week or so ago.

Fury and I are subscribed to this feedback forum, so we *SHOULD* be aware of anything that gets mentioned here...

Fury and I are subscribed to this feedback forum, so we *SHOULD* be aware of anything that gets mentioned here...
Like I said if It's fixable you guys will do it when you can, you always do. And we appreciate it. :D :cheers:

I could be wrong but this is how I think I fixed the problem on my android

1.Go to your profile preferences on your member page.

Click on to preferences

2. There are options like showing rich text editor, show online status, signature quote etc. turn them off as needed.

I think the rich text editor is the key one. Even if you want to retain those functions you might could trying turning them off temporarily simply to clean up, and then back on for re-use.

Screenshot_2013-09-23-10-02-13.png
Screenshot_2013-09-23-10-03-46.png

Thanks greg but I tried that a couple of days ago and it didn't work, it's not a real problem, I just leave it there unless I want to post something else then I just delete it and repost.

Thanks greg but I tried that a couple of days ago and it didn't work, it's not a real problem, I just leave it there unless I want to post something else then I just delete it and repost.

Ok, it was a big problem for me and deleting was a pain, it stubbornly kept reappearing. I even posted and deleted a few times to clear it up.

Obviously I accidentally stumbled upon a fix at least for my system, my memory just fails at how I did it.

Ok, it was a big problem for me and deleting was a pain, it stubbornly kept reappearing. I even posted and deleted a few times to clear it up.

Obviously I accidentally stumbled upon a fix at least for my system, my memory just fails at how I did it.
Thanks for trying.

Hi guys. I am in the middle of a move, so I can't do a whole lot. I've been keeping an eye out for any possible solutions to this. Obviously, it was meant to save you from the frustration of losing your browser tab or accidentally hitting the back button and having to start over on your post, but the other side of the coin is that it brings up a post you meant to throw away. There's been an update to address one of the issues I reported, so when I get a chance, I will raise this issue with them and see if they can give a quick and dirty "discard draft" button.

:beerbang:

Back
Top Bottom