Denied Access - Where's the race?

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
It was being reported the MRN.com was getting around 200 hits per second during the last two Monday races. Their website crashed during the Pocono race causing them to upgrade their servers. It seemed to handle the demand for this past Monday's race @ Watkins Glen. For what reason though? It's not like you're going to be able to listen to the MRN broadcast anyhow. Yes, you can get a list of the MRN affiliates there but when you check on the net to listen to them, they're not broadcasting the race anyhow. I don't know any of the details on the Turner Broadcasting contract with NASCAR but I sure hope it's wort it to them. It sure isn't to the NASCAR fan! You've got 200 people per second attempting to listen to a sport that they enjoy and they're denied access. NASCAR, do you see anything wrong with that picture? Sure, you can spend the extra money and subscribe to the online service @ NASCAR.com. I'd have to guess that not everyone's got the extra money to spend. Why are they excluding fans? If they're looking for a way to help attract fans or keep the ones they have, start by not denying them access! /rantoff

Thoughts?

It was being reported the MRN.com was getting around 200 hits per second during the last two Monday races. Their website crashed during the Pocono race causing them to upgrade their servers. It seemed to handle the demand for this past Monday's race @ Watkins Glen. For what reason though? It's not like you're going to be able to listen to the MRN broadcast anyhow. Yes, you can get a list of the MRN affiliates there but when you check on the net to listen to them, they're not broadcasting the race anyhow. I don't know any of the details on the Turner Broadcasting contract with NASCAR but I sure hope it's wort it to them. It sure isn't to the NASCAR fan! You've got 200 people per second attempting to listen to a sport that they enjoy and they're denied access. NASCAR, do you see anything wrong with that picture? Sure, you can spend the extra money and subscribe to the online service @ NASCAR.com. I'd have to guess that not everyone's got the extra money to spend. Why are they excluding fans? If they're looking for a way to help attract fans or keep the ones they have, start by not denying them access! /rantoff

Thoughts?

The MRN Radio feed on NASCAR.com is free. But I'd like to see them put Sirius NASCAR Radio online.

Back
Top Bottom