Denny Hamlin Midseason Single Elimination Tournament

wi_racefan

Team Owner
Denny was talking about this on his podcast this week. Initially it doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I think it will be adding another thing to confuse fans as to what's going on. You have regular season points, playoff points, stage points and now this head to head elimination bracket.

I don't like it, people would be racing to beat one guy, not 39 guys. What happens when the guy your racing wrecks out of the race? You have nothing to race for anymore and mys we'll just park it yourself instead of taking a chance of wrecking that car.

I don't like it, people would be racing to beat one guy, not 39 guys. What happens when the guy your racing wrecks out of the race? You have nothing to race for anymore and mys we'll just park it yourself instead of taking a chance of wrecking that car.
I think you would still be accumulating regular season and playoff points

Denny was talking about this on his podcast this week. Initially it doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I think it will be adding another thing to confuse fans as to what's going on. You have regular season points, playoff points, stage points and now this head to head elimination bracket.

The gerbils will love it and then quickly die of dehydration.

I'm good with the playoff gimmick, we have one of those at the end of the season. Funny Denny brings this up as the NBA is looking to do this same thing starting next year.

I'm good with the playoff gimmick, we have one of those at the end of the season. Funny Denny brings this up as the NBA is looking to do this same thing starting next year.
That’s probably where he got the idea from.

I think the biggest question is who, if anyone, is putting up $3M in prize money for this thing. If there’s not a big sponsor on board it’s a non-starter.

I’m not against a No Bull 5/Dash 4 Cash concept again in Cup but like with anything else someone needs to put the money up for it.

That’s probably where he got the idea from.

I think the biggest question is who, if anyone, is putting up $3M in prize money for this thing. If there’s not a big sponsor on board it’s a non-starter.

I’m not against a No Bull 5/Dash 4 Cash concept again in Cup but like with anything else someone needs to put the money up for it.
Yeah I'm with ya, if they can get someone to foot the bill for a Winston Million like bonus I'd be all for that. Win 3 of 4 at these certain races get a Mill, win 2 of the 4 get 500k.

This would be great. Just imagine team orders that all Gibbs cars would take out their drivers competition.
You don't believe that? Denny has been doing it for years, like when he went down to exfinity and took out (tried to)
Brad K. So did the quitter Edwards.

Its certainly an idea, but we don't need more gimmicks right now, but, like FLRacing said, I like the idea of bringing back something like the old Winston Mil/Red Bull 5/DFC to the Cup Series.

This would be great. Just imagine team orders that all Gibbs cars would take out their drivers competition.
You don't believe that? Denny has been doing it for years, like when he went down to exfinity and took out (tried to)
Brad K. So did the quitter Edwards.
Nascar fixed his wagon when he mouthed off about wrecking Ross. He cries loudly but he's a weasel.

How about a §10 million bonus for winning all the crown jewels (Daytona 500, Coke 600, Southern 500, Bristol Night Race) in one season?

I have another idea about making mid-season races more relevant but it might be too obvious...

Oh gods please no. Between the championship format, the stages, the confusing points system, just no.

Although I do like the idea of making NASCAR's crown jewel races worth more.

My idea would have to get rid of stage racing, stage points & the points system would have to be simplified. For my idea, the crown jewel races have double the points.

So say a race usually gives 50 points to the winner. At a race like the Coca Cola 600 or The Southern 500, the winner would get 100 points.

Back
Top Bottom