Details on charlotte busch series race tape delay

R

RustyFan4Ever

Details on Charlotte Busch Series Race Tape Delay

Last week came word that Turner had decided to tape delay the Busch Series race from Charlotte on TNT, airing the race on Saturday afternoon instead of live on Friday night.

"It's not an optimal situation for us," Turner Sports spokesperson Jeff Pomeroy tells us. "But we have the opportunity to cross promote the Winston Cup race on NBC that night."

Pomeroy also said, "It's not a scheduling conflict. But when we originally signed the TV contract, that wasn't a night race."

So, why is the race being tape-delayed? That's easy: Ratings.

Friday night in the fall is not the best night for television, and there's a good chance that ratings for the Busch race on Saturday afternoon will be 50 percent higher than what Turner might have gotten on Friday night. (8/5)

Originally posted by RustyFan4Ever@Aug 5 2003, 04:53 PM
Friday night in the fall is not the best night for television, and there's a good chance that ratings for the Busch race on Saturday afternoon will be 50 percent higher than what Turner might have gotten on Friday night. (8/5)
:bslfag:

Originally posted by N2racin88+Aug 5 2003, 05:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Aug 5 2003, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RustyFan4Ever@Aug 5 2003, 04:53 PM
:bslfag: [/b][/quote]
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 5 2003, 07:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 5 2003, 07:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -N2racin88@Aug 5 2003, 05:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RustyFan4Ever
@Aug 5 2003, 04:53 PM

:bslfag:
I couldn't have said it better myself. [/b][/quote]
I'll try.....:bleh:

Yes, I'm disappointed, but, I'm also a realist.
TV is in business to make money.

The only way to get back at the network is not watch. However, if enough people don't watch for a long enough time, maybe we won't have ANY racing on TV.

The way to get back is to watch and write / e-mail all the show's sponors telling them you are not going to buy any of their products because of the tape delay.
What the networks understand is sponsor withdraw.

Back
Top Bottom