DiBenedetto will feature Reddit at All-Star Weekend

Just did an AMA earlier today. Trying to ride that Josh Wise viral train all the way into the night show.

Just did an AMA earlier today. Trying to ride that Josh Wise viral train all the way into the night show.
New sponsors into the sport I cannot complain about. Especially one as passionate and knowledgable as r/nascar pushing for the Reddit sponsor. Awesomesauce

New sponsors into the sport I cannot complain about. Especially one as passionate and knowledgable as r/nascar pushing for the Reddit sponsor. Awesomesauce

Massive attention isn't a bad thing, for sure.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ace-go-fas-racing.html?linkId=100000000371310

DIBENEDETTO, GO FAS RACING TO REP REDDIT AT ALL-STAR WEEKEND

Go Fas Racing is proud to announce that "the front page of the internet," Reddit, will be represented on the No. 32 Ford Fusion at the Monster Energy Open, the race to gain entry into the Monster Energy All-Star Race.
Good news for Dibenedetto and Archie St. Hilaire's small team.

I wonder if he will still be ahead of Danica Patrick at that point?
Is it really necessary to drag this tripe into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Patrick?

Matt is having a great year sitting at 30th in the points after 10 races. To add some perspective he is just behind AJ Allmendinger and David Ragan and ahead of 31st place Danica Patrick. Best wishes for him.

I find the NASCAR reddit crowd to be a miserable crew, I don't post just lurk. They make fun of or have no use for traditional fans and think Matt Di Benedetto is the greatest thing ever ( I don't. He's a 30th something place driver). However it is a great place to find breaking NASCAR news

I find the NASCAR reddit crowd to be a miserable crew, I don't post just lurk. They make fun of or have no use for traditional fans and think Matt Di Benedetto is the greatest thing ever ( I don't. He's a 30th something place driver). However it is a great place to find breaking NASCAR news

I have never visited reddit but maybe the people are just having some fun like they did with Eddie the Eagle at the 1988 Winter Olympics.

Everyone loves Matt DiBurrito.

The same thing in how approachable and down to Earth he is. He posts on reddit all the time and has AMAs' quite often. It means a lot to fans when a driver Is just like the rest of us.

He's a pretty good driver as well. Go watch some of his Xfinity runs with Tri-Star in that 10 car. The guy has plenty of speed and talent to boot.

I have never visited reddit but maybe the people are just having some fun like they did with Eddie the Eagle at the 1988 Winter Olympics.
Eddie Belfour?? Sorry don't know much about the 88 Olympics, was a small tyke at the time

Everyone loves Matt DiBurrito.

The same thing in how approachable and down to Earth he is. He posts on reddit all the time and has AMAs' quite often. It means a lot to fans when a driver Is just like the rest of us.

He's a pretty good driver as well.
Eh it's just an eye roll for me, but it's cool he has fans and is a nice guy if you say he is. They worship him on Reddit it seems and I never understood it. But I guess I never tried to get it.

Eddie Belfour?? Sorry don't know much about the 88 Olympics, was a small tyke at the time

I loved Eddie Belfour but this guy was Eddie Edwards who represented Great Britain in the Ski Jumping at the Olympics. He was game but he finished way last in his events if memory serves. At the time he was a media darling and had a lot of support from people of all nations.

I loved Eddie Belfour but this guy was Eddie Edwards who represented Great Britain in the Ski Jumping at the Olympics. He was game but he finished way last in his events if memory serves. At the time he was a media darling and had a lot of support from people of all nations.
Ah cool, I'll read up on him. Sorry thought you meant Belfour, me being from Chicago that was his nickname. Didn't know there was another Eddie the Eagle.

Last edited:
Scary, if so.

I used to post comment there a lot, I just lurk now and comment every couple of weeks or something. I like this place a lot more. Smaller community and more knowledgeable/less toxic, IMO.
Wait a minute, Reddit is less toxic then place?

I wasnt sure that was possible :laugh:

Scary, if so.

I used to post comment there a lot, I just lurk now and comment every couple of weeks or something. I like this place a lot more. Smaller community and more knowledgeable/less toxic, IMO.
Yes. Reddit to me seems like an angry place. I like this place, everyone is pretty laid back and knowledgeable. I'm a rookie poster but have never been made to feel stupid. Just like to talk racing with other race fans.

Scary, if so.

IMO reddit is far less toxic than this joint & has more posters that know what they are talking about. Theres a ton of pride here whereas r/nascar is fairly courteous & more tongue-in-cheek.

R-F's madness is like gravity - all it takes is a little push. That push returned a few days ago.

Okay, what's an 'AMA'? Googling it turns up references to some obscure doctors' organization.

My only encounter with Reddit was a couple of months ago, at the suggestion of someone here. I couldn't make head or tales of it (although I have hard time with Twitter too). Maybe there's a tutorial or intro page? On the other hand, I don't need another site to keep up with.

Okay, what's an 'AMA'? Googling it turns up references to some obscure doctors' organization.

My only encounter with Reddit was a couple of months ago, at the suggestion of someone here. I couldn't make head or tales of it (although I have hard time with Twitter too). Maybe there's a tutorial or intro page? On the other hand, I don't need another site to keep up with.
AMA is an "Ask Me Anything" session where a celeb or other popular people register their own account & answer fan questions/comments.

FWIW if you cant make heads or tails of Reddit which is a simple early 2000s-esq CSS forum, Im not sure what to tell you.

If n/reddit is the know all see all soft and fuzzy feel good whoopie cushion den of nascar experts some of you say it is then why are you over here trying to aggravate the ones who really like this place? A trip back to where you're more comfortable seems to be in order.

If n/reddit is the know all see all soft and fuzzy feel good whoopie cushion den of nascar experts some of you say it is then why are you over here trying to aggravate the ones who really like this place? A trip back to where you're more comfortable seems to be in order.
both.png

AMA is an "Ask Me Anything" session where a celeb or other popular people register their own account & answer fan questions/comments.

FWIW if you cant make heads or tails of Reddit which is a simple early 2000s-esq CSS forum, Im not sure what to tell you.
I never used any early-2000 forums.

I can't figure out where the comments are. For example, take 'Go Fas Racing announce that IncredibleBank will be joining Matt...' (There's a '152' to the left of it; is that an article number?) It shows there are 29 comments, but I don't see them; just the original Twitter article.

What's the difference between 'Hot', 'Rising', and 'Top'? What's 'Gilded'? If I could find a search box, I'd look for 'intro' or 'faq'.

Translation: get off my lawn!

JMO, but r/nascar is okay. I basically use it in place of Jayski these days. Great for breaking news and updates.

I typically steer clear of comments and posting on there. It's a predominately younger crowd from what I gather, and a little too circle jerky for my taste. There's plenty of knowledgeable dudes on there, and it's cool that drivers, team members and NASCAR personnel have a presence there. But unless you worship Larson, DiBenedetto, or long for early 2000's NASCAR, you can get run out of there.

This place has its faults. Such as the anything but plate racing crowd. But I like it here.

I wasn't aware there was a 'one forum per topic' participation limit on the Internet. Is is part of that whole 'Net Neutrality' thingie?

IMO reddit is far less toxic than this joint & has more posters that know what they are talking about. Theres a ton of pride here whereas r/nascar is fairly courteous & more tongue-in-cheek.

R-F's madness is like gravity - all it takes is a little push. That push returned a few days ago.
I like /r/NASCAR almost entirely for its content aggregation. I see a lot of stuff over there first. But at 30K subscribers a lot of the discussion devolves into cluttered nonsense, IMO, and the upvote/downvote system is just an agree/disagree button that leads to a lot of circlejerky stuff. And if you don't get to a thread within the first XX minutes it's up your comment gets buried. That's why I'm a lot more interested in the smaller racing subs over there.

I never used any early-2000 forums.

I can't figure out where the comments are. For example, take 'Go Fas Racing announce that IncredibleBank will be joining Matt...' (There's a '152' to the left of it; is that an article number?) It shows there are 29 comments, but I don't see them; just the original Twitter article.

What's the difference between 'Hot', 'Rising', and 'Top'? What's 'Gilded'? If I could find a search box, I'd look for 'intro' or 'faq'.
152 is how many points the post has. To see the comments you click on "29 comments" because, as you said, clicking on the title itself takes you to the original source if it's a link post.

152 is how many points the post has. To see the comments you click on "29 comments" because, as you said, clicking on the title itself takes you to the original source if it's a link post.
Thanks. That's exactly what I mean when I say I can't figure it out. Most sites I visit have the comments on the same page with the content.

I'll probably live without it. You pointed out in #38 that you like it because you see stuff there first. One reason I haven't made more effort with it (or Twitter or many other social sites) is that I don't care if I learn about something three days later, especially when it doesn't directly effect me anyway. It's all in what one is looking for from one's Internet use, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom